Only Connect to be shown on BBC Two?

glorafinglorafin Posts: 155
Forum Member
Am i right in feeling that tonight's repeat of an old special is a way for the BBC to test the waters about a move to BBC Two for the next series?

I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. I quite liked my double combo of highbrow quiz shows on Mondays, and I doubt the two would be scheduled on the same day on BBC Two. :/

Comments

• SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be more than happy to see Victoria Coren in glorious HD on BBC 2. Would applaud this move wholeheartedly
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    More likely because Paul Hollywood's series finished last week and tonight is the UC final so it is connected, albeit only slightly, filler.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they've shown a special on BBC 2 before.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    I'm sure they've shown a special on BBC 2 before.
    They haven't. I've just searched Digiguide back to 2009. This is the first BBC Two screening.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lousy stinking repeat whether it's on BBC4 or BBC 2.
    This idea that BBC schedulers think the viewing public is stupid is one I'm having to
    give some serious thought to.
  • Friday's childFriday's child Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    According to Digiguide, the new series starts on Monday 13th May at 8:30pm - and still on BBC4.
  • glorafinglorafin Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Good news... But I'm curious to see what kind of numbers that repeat will get.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I really can't see a repeat of a particularly lame and one-sided episode as good news.
    Forum Member
    The good news is that the new series is still on BBC Four
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the episode where Coren lusts after one of the contestants in an unseemly manner ?
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Guttenplan of University Challenge fame
    Forum Member
    I would advise Only Connect regulars to look at the #onlyconnect hash tag on Twitter. The bewildered comments from BBC 2 viewers are hilarious. :)
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glorafin wrote: »
    I would advise Only Connect regulars to look at the #onlyconnect hash tag on Twitter. The bewildered comments from BBC 2 viewers are hilarious. :)

I will take a look thank you and roll on Monday the 13th of May.