Options

UK Imams Condemn Islamic Terrorism On Video

Comments

• Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, are we turning this into a gurn about the poor old white British already? And the idea that Islam is the greatest threat to peace ever is so plainly absurd. Ironically for those wanting to have British flags oj every mosque and so on, nationalism has proved to be a far greater threat in the last two centuries.
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those brave souls at Britain first have been in their words invading mosques recently, harassing the people there and trying to convert them. We really need a cuckoo smiley.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getzls wrote: »
    Good to see anyone speaking out about Islamic terror which is the greatest threat to world peace today and really ever.

More needs to be done.
    Much much more.

Start with maybe?
    We are firstly British, secondly Muslim and this terrorism is unacceptable.
    Every Mosque should consider flying the Union flag.

Why should someone who is religious say their nationality is more important than their religion? What has being British got to do with being against terrorism? The vast majority of British Muslims are against terrorism and it baffles me why people think otherwise. They shouldn't have to keep repeating it all the time.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Why should someone who is religious say their nationality is more important than their religion? What has being British got to do with being against terrorism? The vast majority of British Muslims are against terrorism and it baffles me why people think otherwise. They shouldn't have to keep repeating it all the time.
    I do believe that most Muslims will describe them-selves as Muslim before their Nationality?
    Correct me if i'm wrong.

This is why so many will go and fight in other Countries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    And the idea that Islam is the greatest threat to peace ever is so plainly absurd. Ironically for those wanting to have British flags oj every mosque and so on, nationalism has proved to be a far greater threat in the last two centuries.
    Name another Political Ideology has waged a war against the rest of the World for 1400 years?

And caused so many deaths?

Unlike other ones it can not be defeated.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Imams wrapping themselves in the British flag would prevent a minority of extremists from fighting in other countries. Staunch nationalism puts a lot of non Muslim people off who were born here anyway. Good luck trying to convince anyone that this would be a good idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    `
    Islam is an aggressive, warring, political ideology
    but whatever you may believe, `Religious or Political` Islam is bad news for those who are non followers
    :o
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do believe that most Muslims will describe them-selves as Muslim before their Nationality?
    Correct me if i'm wrong.

There is nothing wrong with considering yourself Muslim (or any other religion) over British. It doesn't make you a terrorist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    `
    Islam is an aggressive, warring, political ideology
    but whatever you may believe, `Religious or Political` Islam is bad news for those who are non followers
    :o
    Would this include requiring British Muslims to declare themselves British people first and Muslims second? Because that would be a political act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with considering yourself Muslim (or any other religion) over British. It doesn't make you a terrorist.

And you don't see a problem with that?
    That encourages them to go and fight.

And for some to kill here in the UK as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you don't see a problem with that?
    That encourages them to go and fight.
    What, all of them? You're on a hiding to nothing mate.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Muslims are prepared to fight for what they believe in. Christians are being killed and kidnapped in Nigeria. How many Christians have left England to fight terrorism in Nigeria? How many Christians have left England to protect Syrian Christians? How many people who support democracy have left England to fight for democracy in Syria or anywhere else?

Assad gases children to death. What are those of you who criticise Muslims doing about that?
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    This is the way this argument always goes. "Muslims never condemn terrorism". So a shitload of Muslims come out and condemn terrorism. "Doesn't count- they don't mean it". So why was everyone calling for them to condemn terrorism in the first place? It's a no-win situation with some people.

Ok, tell me this. How many muslims came out to the streets of London, Madrid, Sydney, New York to condemn radicalized muslims, and to try to prevent young muslims to go to holly wars around the globe, be it Syria, Iraq, Bosnia, Egypt etc? Did we see say 20.000 muslims protesting on the streets of London against the young muslims who are being radicalized into Islamism? Has any muslim cleric in the world ever asked for any kind of investigation to be carried out so we can see who are the people responsible for radicalizing young muslims in the muslim communities? I have not seen any of this. Have you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    What, all of them? You're on a hiding to nothing mate.
    I see i left the word some out in the first part, though you knew that.;-)

And for some to kill here in the UK as well
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »
    Ok, tell me this. How many muslims came out to the streets of London, Madrid, Sydney, New York to condemn radicalized muslims, and to try to prevent young muslims to go to holly wars around the globe, be it Syria, Iraq, Bosnia, Egypt etc? Did we see say 20.000 muslims protesting on the streets of London against the young muslims who are being radicalized into Islamism? Has any muslim cleric in the world ever asked for any kind of investigation to be carried out so we can see who are the people responsible for radicalizing young muslims in the muslim communities? I have not seen any of this. Have you?

Why should they give two hoots what you think about them? Just to please davor muslims should take to the streets to condemn things that have nothing to do with them carrying signs saying "See Davor, I told you I dont like terrorism"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    At least Muslims are prepared to fight for what they believe in. Christians are being killed and kidnapped in Nigeria. How many Christians have left England to fight terrorism in Nigeria?

Not as easy for Christians as Jesus, unlike Muhammad did not command them to kill.

He forbid it.
    Unlike ....
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »

What would be the point, if people are just going to say "ah, but behind closed doors they support it"?

This makes quite an interesting read.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    reglip wrote: »
    Why should they give two hoots what you think about them? Just to please davor muslims should take to the streets to condemn things that have nothing to do with them carrying signs saying "See Davor, I told you I dont like terrorism"

If we had more muslims protesting against terrorism, we would have less young muslim people who want to become terrorists, by joining ISIS and similar Islamist groups around the world. If they were able to see other muslim people rising their voice against terrorism (not just a few muslims speaking against it on television, but whole communities), they would realize that many people think terrorism is wrong, and they wouldn't go to Jihad, but they would stay at home helping and contributing to their local communities and their countries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last jihadist to make the papers was shopped by his mum.

I think ordinary Muslims already know how not to be terrorists.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Good to see anyone speaking out about Islamic terror which is the greatest threat to world peace today and really ever.

More needs to be done.
    Much much more.

Start with maybe?
    We are firstly British, secondly Muslim and this terrorism is unacceptable.
    Every Mosque should consider flying the Union flag.

I describe myself as Scottish first and British second, and I live in England.

I guess that makes me a fifth columnist and a danger to British society too then?.:o
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct me if i'm wrong.

That is the danger with Islam. Muslims see all other Muslims around the world as their brothers and sisters. More like a Masonic club than a religion.
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is the danger with Islam. Muslims see all other Muslims around the world as their brothers and sisters. More like a Masonic club than a religion.

Apart from the Muslims that want to kill other Muslims because they are the wrong type of Muslim.
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jclock66 wrote: »
    Apart from the Muslims that want to kill other Muslims because they are the wrong type of Muslim.

That's true
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I describe myself as Scottish first and British second, and I live in England.

I guess that makes me a fifth columnist and a danger to British society too then?.:o

No, you are describing your Nationality there not your Religion.
    The 1st part does not want you to wage war on the 2nd part.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Some of them do, some of them don't.

There isn't one all encompassing Islam, which often seems to be what many in the Western World seem to believe.