I hate Marlon Dingle

BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Always telling Donna Windsor she CAN'T leave Emmerdale with April Windsor to live anywhere nearby.

Just like when he stopped Paddy Kirk and Rhona Goskirk from giving Leo Dingle better life.

Crap character as well...

Why doesn't HE think outside the box aka the village.

Comments

• Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Crap character, crap actor. He should sauté himself to death.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    One of my most hated soap characters and I hate plenty of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Marvin.
    Really good dad and a great cook.
    His Eggs Benedict are superb.

He's just unlucky that he's bedded terrible women, selfish sods who only want him to be a dad when it suits them.

I've no defence for the windmill arms mind you, he needs to cut that out pretty sharpish.
    Makes him look a right berk.
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He made Donnas upcoming death all about him and his stupid arms... "IT'S ALRIGHT FOR YOU"! selfish GIT.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »

bib: :D

Agreed!
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A disgrace of a man.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »

hahaha
    Poor marlon.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bib: :D

Agreed!

seconded.
    he's a gormless ****. can't stand him.
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Marvin.

He's just unlucky that he's bedded terrible women, selfish sods who only want him to be a dad when it suits them.

I've no defence for the windmill arms mind you, he needs to cut that out pretty sharpish.

Marvin? :(
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I despise him!>:(>:(>:( Always have and always will, he's just horrible and I just hate every scene he's in>:( He ruined Trisha's death with terrible acting and all he ever does is flail around like some wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tubeman http://media.giphy.com/media/IV4wBde5Ou0XC/giphy.gif

I've never understood how somebody as below average looking as him has so much look with women especially a young attractive woman like Donna. Why would somebody like her even go for him? He's horrendous:o
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    Not a great fan of his, but it is Paddy i hate more can't stand him he is just an overgrown child, I hate the Paddy and Marlon 'Comedy' storyline's they are awful the recent one with the pigs made me want to throw something through the TV. I don't know why but have never liked him and i groan when he comes onto the screen, crap actor and character in my opinion.
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    I despise him!>:(>:(>:( Always have and always will, he's just horrible and I just hate every scene he's in>:( He ruined Trisha's death with terrible acting and all he ever does is flail around like some wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tubeman http://media.giphy.com/media/IV4wBde5Ou0XC/giphy.gif

I've never understood how somebody as below average looking as him has so much look with women especially a young attractive woman like Donna. Why would somebody like her even go for him? He's horrendous:o

Al Barrington:D
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And why does he extend words with Os in them? Like when he says book he says booook. It's so annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    And why does he extend words with Os in them? Like when he says book he says booook. It's so annoying.

That's just his accent. Although reading that particular word made me think of Manuel 'I learned it from a boook' from Fawlty Towers.

Have to say I like Marlon. I love the idea that the Dingles are vaguely ashamed of having a slightly wet, emotional and rather kind person in their family. The fact that he's named after a very macho actor only adds to that. He's very over-the-top, but I know a lot of people who are like him in real life.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    One of my most hated soap characters and I hate plenty of them.

No! :o You don't say?

Can't say I've noticed ...
    I quite like Marvin.

Bloomin' loved it when Donna said something this week about his flailing arms :D
    They must have been reading DS!!!
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is Paddy in the current storyline?

(Presumably the actor is on a break at the moment! )

He seems to be the only one unaware in that set of friends about Donna's secret, so he'll have to be there for Marlon as his best friend.
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    No! :o You don't say?

Can't say I've noticed ...

Bloomin' loved it when Donna said something this week about his flailing arms :D
    They must have been reading DS!!!

I do say, Lots, and am proud to do so. I'm hoping Ross might sort him out good and proper. Maybe dispose of the body inside his own pies a la Sweeney Todd. Not sure we've had such a storyline before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say I'm overly fond of him either... I Think the character *could* be ok but they need a decent actor to carry it off.
    The fact is that if the character wasn't a dingle we'd barely see him.

As for the scenes with him and paddeh.... Don't get me stated.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    Always telling Donna Windsor she CAN'T leave Emmerdale with April Windsor to live anywhere nearby.

Just like when he stopped Paddy Kirk and Rhona Goskirk from giving Leo Dingle better life.

Crap character as well...

Why doesn't HE think outside the box aka the village.

Watch out or you will be told off by certain posters here for daring to opine and having "bile" about soap characters :D

I dont really mind Marlon but Mark Charnock overacts terribly and all that arm waving like a windmill was even mentioned in the script by Donna. What really annoys me is the way the world and his wife just barges into the kitchen while Windmill is supposed to be preparing food, to discuss the latest problems. Not very hygienic and Dianne shouldnt be allowing it.
    Forum Member
    That is, when he is actually in the kitchen to start with. He seems to be in the bar most of the time.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Donna only has a few months to live , how come she's still working full time in the Police force doing a demanding job, looks extremely healthy etc
    Paler make up, baggy clothes to make her look thinner, and a bit of breathlessness would have done the trick.
    Making her resort to crime was totally unbelievable and unrealistic for her character.
    I think the writers have handled the story badly.
    Anyway, the Police force probably pays out in death benefits anyway, so no need for her to resort to theft.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Marlon, get him away from laurel though.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    If Donna only has a few months to live , how come she's still working full time in the Police force doing a demanding job, looks extremely healthy etc
    Paler make up, baggy clothes to make her look thinner, and a bit of breathlessness would have done the trick.
    Making her resort to crime was totally unbelievable and unrealistic for her character.
    I think the writers have handled the story badly.
    Anyway, the Police force probably pays out in death benefits anyway, so no need for her to resort to theft.
    Yes, they could've made more of an effort to make her look even vaguely under the weather. First there was Priya looking like she'd just stepped out of a modelling catalogue whilst battling anorexia and now this. The Donna storyline started with much potential but has been hampered by lack of realism and needless shock value twists. Having her running around playing cops and robbers and hide the sausage with Ross, when surely she'd want to spend every last available moment with her young daughter? It's just cheapened the whole story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely LOATHE that controlling, childish cretin Marlon Dingle.

How many lives has he wrecked over the year due to his own selfishness, He grinded Ashley into the ground, he denied Paddy, Rhona and his own son the chance to have a fantastic life in New Zealand all because he get's a nose bleed just by walking past the factory.

EVERYTHING has to be on his say so. Rhona and Donna can't leave the village with their own children for more than 0.236526 seconds before that lanky **** is abandoning his work duties and constantly down the phone demanding where they are. And now as predicted with Donna's storyline you'd think it was Marlon that was the one dying (God how I wish that was the case) instead of the Lovely Donna. He ALWAYS has to make EVERYTHING about him and only him.

Why he seems to get a never ending influx of storyline's I'll never know. A life sized blow up doll can act better than him.

>:(>:(>:(
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Yes, they could've made more of an effort to make her look even vaguely under the weather. First there was Priya looking like she'd just stepped out of a modelling catalogue whilst battling anorexia and now this. The Donna storyline started with much potential but has been hampered by lack of realism and needless shock value twists. Having her running around playing cops and robbers and hide the sausage with Ross, when surely she'd want to spend every last available moment with her young daughter? It's just cheapened the whole story.

Whilst I totally agree that the make-up/styling dept at ED have presumably all been off on their annual summer jollies recently and have now left themselves with very little time to show poor DyingDonna's physical decline in a realistic manner, I don't agree that irl, people with a terminal illness do, or should, suddenly turn into Mother Teresa. The poor girl's not even 30 - nor ever likely to be.:( She's made sure her daughter will be loved and cared for by her biological and willing father.

If I was her, I'd be searching for every hidden sausage going at this point tbh. :blush: