Options

What is the point of the these themes timebomb secrets and lies etc

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
They don't really mean very much and they tend to just drop them anyway.

Last night Rylan very badly was somehow trying to make a link between the timebomb wording and how that coralated between four in and four out

Comments

• Options
    Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is fairly ridiculous, this is just how the show has been run for years. It's not like there is a real theme going on, they just put a different label on it each year.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Secrets and Lies as a one off was fantastic and should have been the only one to have a theme. After people not liking Power Trip, I'm shocked they didn't go back to a non themed BB.

My sister was watching it a couple of days ago and turned to me and said "what's with this timebomb business?. I don't get it". I reckon when people see the show getting promo with a different title, they don't like it. Just have it as Big Brother, and that's it. Power Trip/Timebomb makes it look like a side show and not the actual show.
  • Options
    Parish15Parish15 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's pointless although I guess secrets &....was easier to adhere to for producers but 'time bomb' What does it even mean??...daft
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing, just a cover name for allowing them to manipulate the outcomes.
  • Options
    Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The timebombs allow the producers to change anything and do anything they like, without any fairness or justice or public support.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should call the next series 'Manipulation and Incompetence', I think everyone would get it then.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the producers can get rid of some of the deadwood instead of the characters then I agree with playing around with the rules. Timebomb is a bit of a misnomer, though.
  • Options
    CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Producers want to save Jade and Aaron - TIMEBOMB time
    Producers want to give their fave immunity - TIMEBOMB
    Producers want to change the nominations - TIMEBOMB

I stopped voting after Helen last year and I haven't voted this year and nor will I. If the public don't decide then I won't waste my cash
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is fairly ridiculous, this is just how the show has been run for years. It's not like there is a real theme going on, they just put a different label on it each year.

It was the same with the Fairytale theme last time.
    Nice theme idents and logo to show between adverts, but I was wondering, are they actually going to make use of this theme or what?

The themes just seem to be an excuse to give work to graphic designers looking to create some art designs.

Has it even been explained what a 'timebomb' actually is?