Do you like Jade?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ain't that the truth? I answered 'no', by the way; because I find her cringe-inducing and irritating and pretentious. But she hasn't been nasty about or to anyone; despite what many on here insist to the contrary.

Bit in bold - it's very hard to get an answer to that question. Again, I answered no on this poll because I don't like her, but I think the reaction she's getting is extraordinarily disproportionate and I think posters' main problem with her is what LightMeUp said

I agree with your first par but disagree with your second. I think the 'chosen one' thing is a perception that people have when posters, including myself, defend someone against downright lies about them on here. Much as she irritates the hell out of me and I wanted her gone on Friday, I've found myself moved to defend her against some of the absolute bile that has been written about her for no apparent reason.

She's annoying, vain and pretentious; she is in no way nasty or aggressive - yet she's being falsely accused of being both. She's also being accused of constantly bitching about the twins and Eileen which she simply doesn't do. She just doesn't like them. I think posters on here can't cope with her at all and I think she's getting the Hazel treatment.

Very interesting, I liked Hazel and I like Jade. It's good to see a strong minded and honest woman although not great it seems for the audience of BB and I always end up defending them. As I am on holiday and have been for over a week and not back until next Tuesday I am delighted to see the turnaround in nominations although I wouldn't have minded seeing Aaron go but if it means Jade staying that's fine with me. Obviously I haven't seen too much of Jade but judging by the amount of people defending her it does seem that she has been getting a raw deal. Can't wait to see what happens next week and not too bothered who goes out of the dire lot that are now up this week!
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Being unfairly maligned by the other HMs or the forum or BBOTS (preferably all 3) is a fundamental requirement for the forum 'chosen one'.

Jade just needs a nemesis now to cement her standing (the twins will be gone on Friday and I don't think Eileen is up to the job). I suspect BB will be sending a likely candidate in on Friday, every Ashleigh needs a Helen, every Aaron needs a Jay.

I'm looking forward to Jade's future questionable behavior (no doubt there will be some, after all she's only human ) being ignored, excused and blamed on the other HMs.

If this doesn't happen I'll eat Paddy Ashdown's spare hat.

Yes me too, I love the Paddy Ashdown quote, excellent, one I won't forget in a hurry in further general elections!!!!
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I don't mind her at all.

To be really honest, I don't know why she's getting such abuse on here and especially on BOTS.

So she's a bit of a 'head in the clouds' type of girl, so what!!

She's not nasty and vindictive or drowned a puppy, going on the way she's being portrayed though, you would think she had.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    She's lovely.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I like Jade. I think she's one of the more interesting housemates with a lot of character. She does seem a bit pretentious at times but I don't think she's particularly malicious and I'd like to see her do well.

I'm glad she's not up this week although the fact that Sarah is now up instead is something I could have done without!
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jade is a great housemate, but I couldn't really say that I "like" her.
  • Options
    Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say that I genuinely like her, but I feel she is being misunderstood by some people, in a rather spiteful way. For example, she's satirizing all the hatred towards her with her "femme fatale" act in the diary room, stroking her cheek with her finger, stroking her leg etc etc. - all classic body-language that she knows very well and is sending up rotten. But many forum members seem to think it's all serious and hate her for it!
  • Options
    Laters BabyLaters Baby Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I like her. I'll admit I wasn't to keen on her for the first couple of days but she grew on me. Some People seem to make out that she is nasty and the big Bb baddie but I don't see it. She's no saint but neither are any of the housemates. Yes she has people in there she dislikes and makes it known but they dislike her too so it's coming from both sides yet it seems to be Jade who's the nasty one.

I'm not saying she's my favourite because she isn't. I just don't think she's nasty or the big baddie she's made out to be.
  • Options
    radders2012radders2012 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I agree she is a good HM but I don't realy like her. She is pretentious and deluded with little self awareness and her spirituality seems to come from a fortune cookie.

Anyone constantly moaning about people talking about her behind her back after being hauled up for talking about people behind their backs (noms) anoys me - hypocrisy for a start and secondly - you are in the BB house! - every one talks about everyone - after a while its gonna be the only thing to talk about.

I also get a bit frustrated with the comments about her being a strong indipendant woman which is why people dont like her - to me thats irrelivant and a red herring to try and dismiss others opinions (may not be the intent but its the inference) It's her actions in the house I dont like. Sarah is a strong indipendant woman and I dont feel the same way about her.

And just because I criticise her doesnt mean I like the people she doesn't get on with or that she is worse than them but this thread is about Jade, therefore, I am addressing Jade.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ain't that the truth? I answered 'no', by the way; because I find her cringe-inducing and irritating and pretentious. But she hasn't been nasty about or to anyone; despite what many on here insist to the contrary.
    Bit in bold - it's very hard to get an answer to that question. Again, I answered no on this poll because I don't like her, but I think the reaction she's getting is extraordinarily disproportionate and I think posters' main problem with her is what LightMeUp said.

I answered 'yes', because that was closer to my view than 'no' and there were only two options.

I think she's one of the better bb16 HMs (which isn't saying much) and one of the few I find even moderately interesting to watch. I also think that having her in the house has meant that some HMs have failed to hide their unpleasant side for as long as they might otherwise have done, a useful result.
    I agree with your first par but disagree with your second. I think the 'chosen one' thing is a perception that people have when posters, including myself, defend someone against downright lies about them on here. Much as she irritates the hell out of me and I wanted her gone on Friday, I've found myself moved to defend her against some of the absolute bile that has been written about her for no apparent reason.

She's annoying, vain and pretentious; she is in no way nasty or aggressive - yet she's being falsely accused of being both. She's also being accused of constantly bitching about the twins and Eileen which she simply doesn't do. She just doesn't like them. I think posters on here can't cope with her at all and I think she's getting the Hazel treatment.

Well said.

'Chosen one' used to mean someone the BB producers seemed to be favouring; now it's used to attack forum members and to prevent meaningful discussion. The false claim that it's thought the supposed c.o. "can do no wrong" is usually not far behind. This also functions as a way to dismiss or ignore even posts that are about the facts of what's happened, and thus to protect the false, misleading or greatly exaggerated claims. Unfortunately, it works. People eventually decide that trying to set the record straight or even to add some balance to the discussion is not worth the hassle.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually don't mind her at this moment in time. She quite amuses me which is more than can be said for anyone else in there.
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    Jade is playing a game in there but it's weird in that her game-plan is to be seen to be playing the game, hence the fake personas -claiming to be polyamorous and spiritual.
    I am amazed that so many have defended her on both these things, when all of it is quite obviously made-up to try and make her appear 'interesting' from the off. She doesn't hide what obviously contradicts her 'spiritual' side, the negativity and bitchiness. She seems to revel in it and can employ her mumbo jumbo to deflect when things get heated.
    See her in action here:
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-16-50-jades-cray

None of this takes from the notion(rather it adds to it) that she is narcissistic and manipulative. This does make for an 'interesting' HM, at the moment. I don't think she'll hold it together for very long. When her plans fall apart -I predict the self-pity (already engaged where it suits) will be more evident. I'm put in mind of Bea in BB10

I predict this forum will be divided by Jade this year. There will be those manipulated by her acts (refusing to see her game-playing) and attacking other HMs for ostracising her or whatever. She will be the great misunderstood, the always picked on Irish girl, the beauty everyone is jealous of (HMS and FMs alike) .
    When her game falls apart others will fall for her self-pity. At every stage she will be manipulating you. She's the most competitive and, dare I say it, Machiavellian in there.
    Oh that's my opinion, by the way -I'm sure many of you disagree.
    It will be an interesting summer.:D