Options

*The CBB7 Ratings Thread* (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really enjoying the show, can't believe that this is the last few days-ever!
  • Options
    IrishdaveIrishdave Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ratings yet for the evictions last night??
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    None yet.
  • Options
    venusstarvenusstar Posts: 4,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great show last night!!!
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday 27th January
    21:00- Celebrity Big Brother: 3.63m
    22:55- Celebrity Big Brother: 3.05m

Includes +1.

Excellent ratings for both shows. I didn't think the second show would break the 3m mark in such a late slot! An 11pm episode last year only had 1.5m! The final on Friday should get over 4m.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Very good ratings. It will be interesting to see what the final gets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rzt wrote: »
    Wednesday 27th January
    21:00- Celebrity Big Brother: 3.63m
    22:55- Celebrity Big Brother: 3.05m

Includes +1.

Excellent ratings for both shows. I didn't think the second show would break the 3m mark in such a late slot! An 11pm episode last year only had 1.5m! The final on Friday should get over 4m.

First show was this year's highest non-launch rating yet and second managed to survive the stupidly late timeslot and early finish.

Very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    ratings are better than i expected
    about 3 million rather than the 2.5 million that i guessed at the start.
    it hasn't worked because channel 4 never got their hands on any bbc money.

What has the BBC money got to do with it?

Has any money from the BBC, been affected by the reduced daytime live feed on BB shows?

I thought one of the main arguments from the live feeders, was that the reduced live daytime feed, was the main reason for the poor BB viewing figures. Channel 4 have obviously proved them wrong.
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    bystander wrote: »
    What has the BBC money got to do with it?

Has any money from the BBC, been affected by the reduced daytime live feed on BB shows?

I thought one of the main arguments from the live feeders, was that the reduced live daytime feed, was the main reason for the poor BB viewing figures. Channel 4 have obviously proved them wrong.

channel 4 have been treading water in the last year
    hanging on to the hope of getting some bbc money
    they failed then claimed that they would be fine without it
    it seems to be sink or swim time for them now
    it's got everything to do with them cutting the feed

channel 4 have spun a web of spin
    ever since they cut the 24/7 feed.the reasons they have given have been shot down in flames.
    that's what annoys me more than anything

the decent ratings are down to the hardcore fan base sticking with the show despite channel 4's best attempts at ruining it.
    hopefully another channel will pick up the show next year as channel 4 is no place for big brother these days.

edit - apologies for turning this thread into another live feed thread ,it's bystanders fault :p
  • Options
    IrishdaveIrishdave Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im absolutely thrilled with those ratings..With the officials the first show will near the 4 million mark.Fantastic stuff!! Especially with the ate time slot.

Im hoping for well over 4 million for the final tomorrow night. Thank god BB is ending on a high on Channel 4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in the BB's had its day camp, and I don't watch edited highlights anymore, but even I said at the start that it would probably equal last year's average viewing figs, and that seems to be about the sum of it. Bit of a brucie bonus due to it being the last one too, I imagine - I've heard several people say they had to watch on that basis alone. It was never going to dip near to the shockingly low figures of BB10, over 14 summer weeks.
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great ratings last night, I think the second show should go up a lot in the officials.. seriously, they could have kept the live feed going for another 6-7 minutes and people would have stayed tuned to see what happened with Davina. I thought tonight's HL's were fantastic and it's the first time I've felt a twinge of nostalgia. :o
  • Options
    NoNoDramaNoNoDrama Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over 3 million for an 11pm show is excellent.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    Great ratings last night, I think the second show should go up a lot in the officials.. seriously, they could have kept the live feed going for another 6-7 minutes and people would have stayed tuned to see what happened with Davina. I thought tonight's HL's were fantastic and it's the first time I've felt a twinge of nostalgia. :o

I said on another thread that I kind of wished it was all ending tomorrow (or today as it now is). They can only screw it up from here! This has been a good series and Davina going in was a nice touch at the end. The ratings are strong and it would have been a good way to go out, IMO.

I have to laugh at people who thought they screwed it up. What would have been the point in her going in and them all thinking she was Nicola?! She'd just have sat there silently for an hour and we'd have missed out on all the fun! I was waiting for David Attenborough to take over the narration... "the angry old pig stalks his prey before pouncing at its neck". It was clearly just a way to get Davina into the house for a laugh. It wasn't the big twist of the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    I said on another thread that I kind of wished it was all ending tomorrow (or today as it now is). They can only screw it up from here! This has been a good series and Davina going in was a nice touch at the end. The ratings are strong and it would have been a good way to go out, IMO.

I have to laugh at people who thought they screwed it up. What would have been the point in her going in and them all thinking she was Nicola?! She'd just have sat there silently for an hour and we'd have missed out on all the fun! I was waiting for David Attenborough to take over the narration... "the angry old pig stalks his prey before pouncing at its neck". It was clearly just a way to get Davina into the house for a laugh. It wasn't the big twist of the series.

Yeah, I think even if BB11 is good, a 13 week long farewell is just too much for the extra million(ish) people who have given this series a chance. You never know, announcing its cancellation might have just been a big stunt to get people watching again! :p

Agree about the Davina thing. I think, maybe, they hoped it would take longer than 30 seconds for her to be rumbled but, like you say, if they never suspected anything then it wouldn't have made for great TV. I certainly wouldn't say it was a big twist either - more like something a quick producers meeting came up with. The simplest things have always worked best on BB since day one - it's the big twists that always fall flat on their arse.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.56 for last night thats with +1

very good for big brother when you look at c4's others shows...

all other shows on C4 barely made 1.5 million
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    any predictions for the final
    will the show break the the 4 million barrier
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any predictions for the final
    will the show break the the 4 million barrier

i'm going for 4.2
  • Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3.6 for the first show.
    4.4 for the second show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second show should go over 4m easily, wouldn't be surprised at a 5m+ peak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    3.56 for last night thats with +1

very good for big brother when you look at c4's others shows...

all other shows on C4 barely made 1.5 million

3.6 properly rounded, making it the joint most wached non-launch episode this series, with the night previous.

The first show tonight's competition is quite strong (Corrie and the conclusion to a much talked about episode of Silent Witness) but the second should be alright. I predict around same as last night for the first show, 4 million + for the second.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    "Much talked about"? Who's talking about it? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    "Much talked about"? Who's talking about it? :D

Well, more talked about than normal anyway. Heard quite a few people talking about it at work today and appears to have sparked it's own thread here.
  • Options
    chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Hope it gets 15 million plus then Endemol will be under pressure to do another CBB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope it gets 15 million plus then Endemol will be under pressure to do another CBB.

Not going to happen.