Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead

Comments

• ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    This is disgusting. That should be pulled from the charts immediately

But that would be in direct contradiction to the market forces Thatcher so vociferously championed ...

And if you want to see disgusting, try looking at some of Thatcher's supporters' attacks on perfectly innocent comments by people like Lauren Laverne ...
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    But that would be in direct contradiction to the market forces Thatcher so vociferously championed ...

And if you want to see disgusting, try looking at some of Thatcher's supporters' attacks on perfectly innocent comments by people like Lauren Laverne ...

For **** sake the women is dead! I genuinely have no idea how people can be like this. Weather or not you agreed with her beleifs and policies, there is no doubt she was a women of principle, courage, dignity and loved her country. More then I can say for the current shower of morons who try to run our country today.

I've never been so dissapointed in England. Her familly is greiving and her children have just lost a parent, a concept that I've recently just had to cope through a few years ago. I can't imagine what they're going through with all this, what can only be described as cruelty, going on.

Pull the song from the charts and have some respect for the dead. End of
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For **** sake the women is dead! I genuinely have no idea how people can be like this. Weather or not you agreed with her beleifs and policies, there is no doubt she was a women of principle, courage, dignity and loved her country. More then I can say for the current shower of morons who try to run our country today.

I've never been so dissapointed in England. Her familly is greiving and her children have just lost a parent, a concept that I've recently just had to cope through a few years ago. I can't imagine what they're going through with all this, what can only be described as cruelty, going on.

Obviously your own circumstances will dictate your feelings - and losing a parent is indeed tragic - but Thatcher was a public figure who made a massive impact on people's lives. You may hold her in high esteem, but there are many who suffered under her leadership, and consequently feel extreme resentment towards her about what she did and the lasting effect it had on them and their families.

Sorry if you find some people's reactions offensive, but we live in a democracy, and this is their legitimate way of expressing themselves - just as it's your right to say you disagree.

And downloading a single is harmless at the end of the day, and a damn sight better than the abuse I've seen directed at anyone who isn't in floods of tears about her demise.

Besides, since when did anyone pay any attention to the singles chart nowadays?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When it suits it seems...
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand what that poster is saying. Harry Styles tweeted RIP Thatcher yesterday and then we had loads of 13 year old girls doing the same and saying the abuse she was receiving was disgusting. None of these kids have a clue what they are talking about! I find their attitude more annoying because they have jumped on a bandwagon, so I think that's what the op is referring to.

What, in the same way that all these young know-it-all students are jumping on the bandwagon of celebrating as if everything will suddenly change and the world's problems will all go away now? I would happily bet that most of those kids also don't have much idea what they are on about, and go by the political bias they've been fed by the people they know and what they read, so they just go along with these crass 'celebrations' because it makes them look good, apparently.

Granted, I myself am not old enough to have lived through that time either, so I don't have any real opinions on Thatcher and her ways, but I'm not going to jump on any bandwagons for my own self-importance, nor am I going to judge from all the bias from either side of the fence. What I will say though is that those 'kids' showing some respect at least appear to have some dignity about them, as opposed to those kids gleefully bragging about the death of an elderly woman who hasn't even been in power for over 20 years. Some people are really showing their true colours over all this.

Everyone's a sycophant.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I have opinions on Thatcher and I don't think people should never speak ill of her again just because she has died but I don't understand why people are elated enough that she's dead to go spend a euro or a pound or whatever to download a song.
    She was 87 and died, she hadn't been active for years!
    If it was 25 years ago I could understand (not saying it would be right or wrong but I could understand). But as kutox rightly posted, it makes no difference now!! It doesn't change anything that happened in the past.
    People can hate the public figure, resent the things she did, have opinions on her of course but rejoicing in the fact she has now passed on?
    What's the point?!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    sorry but if you didnt live through 'her' era (as an adult) then tbh you have little say in the matter.

I didn't as I'm too young. I was born in 1990. I've heard about her though.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #11 now!
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thing is how many peoples family's and lives were destroyed as a direct result of her leadership, it is entirely understandable that some feel the need to celebrate her death....
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry but if you didnt live through 'her' era (as an adult) then tbh you have little say in the matter.

Good point. I now don't think the Holocaust was a terrible event because I wasn't born at the time.

As for this, I'm no Tory fan, not at all. But this is ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    WelshNige wrote: »
    Thing is how many peoples family's and lives were destroyed as a direct result of her leadership, it is entirely understandable that some feel the need to celebrate her death....

But why? She was 87 - Nature ran it's course, old woman dies. What difference does it make in 2013 that she has died?
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's up to 37. If this charts it would not only be an utter disgrace, but also a national embarrassment.
    How perfectly appropriate, considering that she was an utter disgrace and a national embarrassment.

I've never downloaded anything from iTunes in my life, but I'm spurred to, just to help this climb the charts.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why? She was 87? Nature ran it's course, old woman dies. What difference does it make in 2013 that she has died?

I guess it shows just how deep rooted and long ranging her actions have had on many people, her death just brings all that back to the surface I imagine????
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But why? She was 87 - Nature ran it's course, old woman dies. What difference does it make in 2013 that she has died?

The legacy she left is what we are now living with. As has been said constantly over the news these past 24 hours. What Britain now is, she created. So for many its too much hurt all over again now she is back at the forefront of it.
    Forum Member
    The legacy she left is what we are now living with. As has been said constantly over the news these past 24 hours. What Britain now is, she created. So for many its too much hurt all over again now she is back at the forefront of it.

But she passed away peacefully at the age of 87.
    If it was a tragic or particularly hilarious death (eaten by a monkey or hit by a blimp) I could maybe understand the singing and dancing but really it just looks silly.
    It hasn't changed a thing.
    People can and will of course still be angry about the things that happened and that's normal. But if you are suffering a consequence today of something she did does it really make you smile that she died yesterday? And if so why?
    I'm genuinely curious, I'm Irish and would not be a supporter of her to put it mildly.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she passed away peacefully at the age of 87.
    If it was a tragic or particularly hilarious death (eaten by a monkey or hit by a blimp) I could maybe understand the singing and dancing but really it just looks silly.
    It hasn't changed a thing.
    People can and will of course still be angry about the things that happened and that's normal. But if you are suffering a consequence today of something she did does it really make you smile that she died yesterday? And if so why?
    I'm genuinely curious, I'm Irish and would not be a supporter of her to put it mildly.

Actually I'm one of the very few who is at middle ground with her. Some things she did needed to be done and she was the only one who had the guts to do them. Other things were totally disgusting and are to blame for most of the problems we have right now.

I'm not happy nor sad she died. I feel for her kids and grandkids but I also don't see why those who are happy at her death shouldn't be allowed to express it. Its good for those who believe that's in ill taste to call people out on it but its also good to be part of a country were freedom of expression and speech is allowed.
    Forum Member
    They can express whatever they want I just don't understand it personally and am curious about it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is pretty tasteless and disgusting but we have free speech so it shouldn't be taken off the charts.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    This is disgusting. That should be pulled from the charts immediately

Your answer is censorship?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I have opinions on Thatcher and I don't think people should never speak ill of her again just because she has died but I don't understand why people are elated enough that she's dead to go spend a euro or a pound or whatever to download a song.
    She was 87 and died, she hadn't been active for years!
    If it was 25 years ago I could understand (not saying it would be right or wrong but I could understand). But as kutox rightly posted, it makes no difference now!! It doesn't change anything that happened in the past.
    People can hate the public figure, resent the things she did, have opinions on her of course but rejoicing in the fact she has now passed on?
    What's the point?!

People's lives are still suffering. Come to Kent and see what she did to the mining communities. They don't exist any more.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
    Forum Member
    It's currently at #9 on the iTunes chart and rising..

Does anyone else think this is in very poor taste? Understandably many do not like her policies, and consequently dislike her.. and i'm no fan of her policies myself. But even still, this seems very petty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I'm not downloading it and it does seem petty, but the 'market forces' of it potentially topping the chart seem more appropriate than public money going to her funeral.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it seems petty too.

I didn't have much time for her and can't say I'm in mourning but that is distasteful, in my opinion.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    There will always be morons, OP.
  • UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    It's currently at #9 on the iTunes chart and rising..

Does anyone else think this is in very poor taste? Understandably many do not like her policies, and consequently dislike her.. and i'm no fan of her policies myself. But even still, this seems very petty.

Nope, perfectly understandable. I was actually singing it yesterday and wondered why it came into my head. Very apt. Thatcher was an evil monster.

No sympathy for her whatsoever.

Any truth that 'Devil Woman' is at number 10?

Yours ... A Moron