Options

Stacey Solomon

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Stacey released her new song today, Shy on iTunes, and quite surprised it isn't in the top200? When there's other rubbish around, yet Stacey can't get into the top200? I thought she would easily get into the top10

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    dagger42 wrote: »

with that amount of views it should easily be in the top100
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not actually released until Monday. I'll be shocked if her single doesn't get to NO1 in the Top 40, given that she's become such a likeable and well-known TV personality since X Factor.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey is great, but she has left it far too late for a singing career, considering she was last on The X Factor six years ago. She should have started a career back then, or a year after, not six years later.

Every year, there will be different artists from The X Factor, so not everyone will remember Stacey and will go on to the next X Factor contestant. It is Stacey's own fault if the song doesn't do well,, because she has left it too late and went down the reality TV route first, which wasn't a wise choice. She should have put a singing career first, before those reality TV shows if she wanted a successful music career. I personally cannot see her song making the top 40, but would be shocked and happy if it did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Stacey is great, but she has left it far too late for a singing career, considering she was last on The X Factor six years ago. She should have started a career back then, or a year after, not six years later.

Every year, there will be different artists from The X Factor, so not everyone will remember Stacey and will go on to the next X Factor contestant. It is Stacey's own fault if the song doesn't do well,, because she has left it too late and went down the reality TV route first, which wasn't a wise choice. She should have put a singing career first, before those reality TV shows if she wanted a successful music career. I personally cannot see her song making the top 40, but would be shocked and happy if it did.

Stacey Solomon will make the top 40 easily; she is one of the most well-known singers to come from the X Factor and her reality TV career will only help to boost her single sales. This single may have been a long time in the making but I think there's definitely plenty of people who remember her for both X Factor and I'm A Celeb.
  • Options
    bh21bh21 Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Think it could be quite big . getting massive airplay on radio 2
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is she has had no publicity i didnt even know she was releasing a song
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can both preceding posts be true? :D I have heard it loads on R2 - and it has become something of an ear-worm for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is she has had no publicity i didnt even know she was releasing a song

She's been publicising this publically since 2009!
  • Options
    dagger42dagger42 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dagger42 wrote: »

Thought she'd do well. Stacey Solomon is easily going to get the NO1 this weekend.
  • Options
    dagger42dagger42 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Radio 2 album of the week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist#aotw
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    No 31 in the midweeks yesterday. Radio play doesn't seem to be helping her which surprises me.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very confused, Shy didn't even chart in the top 40 in the official midweeks and is nowhere near the iTunes top 100 either. Is it some kind of joke that she's going to top the charts? I've always been fond of Stacey Solomon as a person, I'm just confused by this thread
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is going to do really well, and a step up in class above Ben Haeman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very confused, Shy didn't even chart in the top 40 in the official midweeks and is nowhere near the iTunes top 100 either. Is it some kind of joke that she's going to top the charts? I've always been fond of Stacey Solomon as a person, I'm just confused by this thread

She's at NO1 in the iTunes charts:

http://itopchart.com/gb/en/top-songs/vocal/
  • Options
    Forum Member

She's No 37 in the abum charts today and isn't mentioned on Buzzjack in the top 40 singles today, so that's a vocal chart which doesn't seem to reflect the popularity of the track.

It's a shame, I like Stacey.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The vocal charts aren't the official iTunes charts. She's not even within a sniffing distance of the top 100 and hasn't reached the overall top 40 all week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vocal charts aren't the official iTunes charts. She's not even within a sniffing distance of the top 100 and hasn't reached the overall top 40 all week

She is doing well which is all that matters. Being on the A list on Radio 2 gives her a huge chance of progressing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her new album is Radio 2s album of the week starting today.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    She's No 37 in the abum charts today and isn't mentioned on Buzzjack in the top 40 singles today, so that's a vocal chart which doesn't seem to reflect the popularity of the track.

It's a shame, I like Stacey.

Well 37 is a lot better than I thought. At least it has managed the top 40 anyway. Imagine if she released her material straight after The X Factor. She would have probably had a top ten hit with her album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Well 37 is a lot better than I thought. At least it has managed the top 40 anyway. Imagine if she released her material straight after The X Factor. She would have probably had a top ten hit with her album.

Really? I thought it would have got the NO1 easily.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter anyway she'll never sell enough to secure a second album unless she does it independently. I agree, she should have done this YEARS ago even if it meant she wasn't co-writing everything. However i got to say considering her management is her label and she has no proper major label behind her the album and lead single is decent. Think she'll get a Top 40 album this week but thats it...

She still has a future in TV at the moment...! and she's doing those children books, released an autobiography, won I'm a Celebrity, did ads for Iceland, presented etc - thats alot of things. Quite good considering she just came third on X Factor 6 ish years ago. She can just say i released an album. It won't top the charts but how many people can say that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She charted at No 45 with sales of 1,606