Morecambe Festival (Featuring Several X Factor Acts)

RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
Forum Member
So this is just a quick FYI for anyone who may be interested. Was visiting some family in Morecambe for the Bank Holiday Weekend where a local Radio Station "The Bay" was hosting their annual Morecambe Festival...It was free with a lot of Fun Fair style stuff and live music.

There were a lot of unknowns playing the live music stage but their named acts featured a lot of former X Factor acts in the forms of Paul Akister, Nicholas McDonald, Stereo Kicks and Shayne Ward.

Also featured name arts were 2014 Voice UK Winner Jermaine Jackman and the Headline Act was 90's Boyband "911".

Paul got a nice reaction being his hometown was about 5 miles away from Morecambe and his family were in the crowd watching him. He didn't do any songs that he did on X Factor but he closed up his performances with James Bay's "Hold Back The River" and Nick Jonas "Jealous". He briefly mentioned he has been working with some people about his career but wouldn't say who. Also in between songs asked his Mum what was for Dinner and said "She wont make me nothing...said I should cook for myself at 26" :D

Interestingly when promoting people still to come Paul spoke mostly highly of Nicholas McDonald and Nicholas spent time praising Paul. Guess they must have been good friends from 2013 Series of X Factor. :)

Nicholas is going by the name Nicky McDonald now, I haven't followed his career post X Factor so I don't know if this is new or has been on going for a while. He mainly did cover songs too including Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" and interestingly enough finished his set with "Uptown Funk". He seemes less uptight than he was on X Factor, like he was loosened up and enjoying himself a bit more.

Jermaine from the Voice 2014 came out to perform next, was very apprecative for anyone who voted for him on the Voice. He mainly performed songs from his debut album but finished his set with "And I Am Telling You"...he described it as his best Voice performance that helped him win. He interacted with the crowd quite a lot and looked happy to be there. :)

Stereo Kicks out next...Teenage Girls lost their minds for a while and SK got the crowd going pretty good. Mostly cover songs. Tom and Reece played Guitar for most of the set providing the backing music. Im not a Stereo Kicks fan but one of their performances was "Naive" by The Kooks. Tom provided lead vocals doing the verses himself and actually sounded really good. They also performed an Ed Sheeran song which I forget now, "Fix You" by Coldplay and finished off with their debut single...No idea what its called something about a Bedroom Floor crying or something.

A lot of the crowd sang along with their debut single, they said the Video will be available from Tuesday and asked people to buy the single because "If it does well then we get to carry on doing this a lot more for all of you"

Shayne Ward then took to the stage and had a slightly older fan base but he seemed to love being on stage. Performed his own singles for the most part and threw in "That's My Goal" making a joke about never escaping it :p. Thanked people for support throughout the past decade and promised there were a few surprises to come from him.

Before Shayne was introduced they described him as Globally the most successful Male X Factor UK Winner (I have absolutely no idea if this is true, but seems reasonable as most have struggled and Shayne Ward is apprently HUGE in Asia).

So there may be nothing to gain from this but I just thought maybe some of you would enjoy little tidbits from it. It was a fun show for what it was being free of charge :)