America get Season 7 part 2 bluray set early (Merged)

1131415161719»

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The US are premiering more and more shows online these days, last hear, alot of the pilots were released online early.

This is the way forward, if you believe otherwise, you are clearly in denial. Netflix is a good example, with House of Cards, next Arrested Development, as pointed out, the BBC are already looking into this going forward too......

Except House of Cards and Arrested Development have been made/revived by Netflix to air on their system. Not to show before a TV premiere.

Pilots always get released early, that's nothing new.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That didn't happen, as I thought. ;)

Nope and the fact they didn't just makes me think that the whole thing was a sham. I suspect it was a well concocted PR stunt.
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Except House of Cards and Arrested Development have been made/revived by Netflix to air on their system. Not to show before a TV premiere.

Pilots always get released early, that's nothing new.

It's new original content. It's TV of the future. Amazon are also making TV shows too. Online is the way forward

tysonstorm wrote: »
    Nope and the fact they didn't just makes me think that the whole thing was a sham. I suspect it was a well concocted PR stunt.

Right, even tho Moffat said 210 got sent out to people, 2 people proved they received it and the US & British press, including the BBC reported on it, you still think it's a PR stunt?! BBC news would not be allowed to report it as a leak if it was faked by the BBC as a stunt, or they'd risk being investigated and fined.

Not everyone has the inclination or the ability to rip and upload a blu ray, plus,with so little copies released, they would easily be traced and legal action would occur. If I was one of those people, I wouldn't have done it either
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's new original content. It's TV of the future. Amazon are also making TV shows too. Online is the way forward.

Exactly, original content made by Netflix so of course it will debut online. That's bugger all to do with Doctor Who which is made to air on television. It's not going to be premiering online for a long time.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Not everyone has the inclination or the ability to rip and upload a blu ray, plus,with so little copies released, they would easily be traced and legal action would occur. If I was one of those people, I wouldn't have done it either

I've got to agree with this. I've had a few major press screeners over the years and I'd never ever share them with anyone and certainly not online. It's just not the right thing to do...
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Exactly, original content made by Netflix so of course it will debut online. That's bugger all to do with Doctor Who which is made to air on television. It's not going to be premiering online for a long time.

My point is that it's demonstrating the way forward. New original content online first. The BBC are testing this very concept themselves.
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    I've got to agree with this. I've had a few major press screeners over the years and I'd never ever share them with anyone and certainly not online. It's just not the right thing to do...

Indeed. Some people just think the worst of people and apply that to everyone else.