Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shraine wrote: »

That's just for a photo shoot isn't it? :confused:
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Dress rehearsals are usually Thursday and Friday each week so assuming it's the same this year we should know for definite (well, if anyone comments on a new set or tweets a picture) tomorrow

I won't be looking at a picture but I really hope there's a new one, it's long overdue
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Jackk wrote: »
    Dress rehearsals are usually Thursday and Friday each week so assuming it's the same this year we should know for definite (well, if anyone comments on a new set or tweets a picture) tomorrow

Wonder if anyone's seen an image yet?
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Wonder if anyone's seen an image yet?

Yes...?
    Forum Member
    Just stumbled across this pic on Sam's Instagram (even though I didn't actually want to see an image LOL), but it doesn't matter...it is unfortunately exactly the same as last year's :(

http://instagram.com/p/fSRYXyNmgZ/

I'm assuming those steps by the doors in the background are props, in which case it hasn't changed one bit. Very disappointing.
    Forum Member
    So its the same as last year...

I didn't like those monitors on the side. I wish they had gotten rid of them.

I suppose with a set like that, there aren't many ways they can change it.
    Forum Member
    I didn't mind the side monitors but the problem was when the judges made their comments they mirrored one of them and it made their faces look lopsided, it was really distracting.

Fifth year with the same set, I wish they'd reinvented it a little after changing up so much of the rest of the show.

Oh well, it's just weird that that set is up again and it's that time of year already :p
    Forum Member
    Jackk wrote: »
    I didn't mind the side monitors but the problem was when the judges made their comments they mirrored one of them and it made their faces look lopsided, it was really distracting.

Yes it was. I preferred what they had in place of those previously in series 6-8. Not sure what you'd call it.

They don't need more than 3 monitors for enhancement on long shots though. They had quite a number for series 3-5 (that set was a bit messed up tbf).

I'd like to see better camera angles - I'm not sure of that one which rives from the stage to the audience, past the judging panel.
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    It looks slightly different, I think.

Large screens on the side at more of an angle and the steps stand out more :confused:

Would have been good to have a new set, it would have helped freshen up the live shows for sure :rolleyes:
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks a lot better in purple and with the new X.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    It looks a lot better in purple and with the new X.

It was in purple last year for sat nights. I preferred the red blue look from 2009.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @SethXF: @Chris_Grigg1987 @officialroycey We have a new satellite stage, new backstage area and brand new show graphics.
  • tvmad999tvmad999 Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    It was in purple last year for sat nights. I preferred the red blue look from 2009.

Yeah last year it was purple on Saturday nights and gold on Sunday nights, so I'm assuming these colours won't change this year.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    So its the same as last year...

I didn't like those monitors on the side. I wish they had gotten rid of them.

I suppose with a set like that, there aren't many ways they can change it.

Seconded - I hate those side screens. The old set was much better with the rounded sides.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Who cares what the set is?
    The smaller the better. Want to listen to singing not watch a bunch of performing dancing clowns cover for lack of singing talent...
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it won't happen, but I hope they'd got rid of the ITV 2 studio and install extra seating. I don't mind them keeping the same set as long they change a few things to keep it fresh. I preferred the 2006-8 set aswell, but this one ain't bad. It looked best in 2010, it all depends on the colours and graphics used. I hope they've installed something better on the walls behind the audience though.