Options

Recieved an email from Humax...

-GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
Forum Member
Got this email from Humax today and thought I would share it with you.
I wrote to them regarding lock-ups and deleted recordings re-appearing.........

Dear Customer;

Thank you for your email; it has come to our attention through customer feedback that our Duo Visio unit is suffering from ‘Lock Ups’. The circumstances of this fault vary from customer to customer as well as various transmitters nationwide. To this end our software developers and engineers have been studying this issue with an aim to produce a software resolution as soon as possible. Please bear with us through this trying time and try to leave your set top box in the Stand-by mode whenever is not in use to minimize the occurrence of this faulty until such time as we broadcast the software OTA or release it on our support website www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/. We are curenetly investigating this prolem with delated recording reappearing and will realease a software update over the air to resolve it. To avoid it in the mean time do not delete recordings in order from your Recorded Programmes list.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.

Best regards,

If replying to this message please include all original and relevant emails.

Pat Arthurs

Customer Support

Humax Electronics Unit 1 Jubilee Rd

Newtownards Co.Down N.Ireland BT23 4YH

UK Helpline Tel: 0870-247-8800

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting this.

I'm not sure what they mean by "do not delete recordings in order from your Recorded Programmes list".

Do they mean don't delete any programmes? The "in order" bit confuses me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took it to mean that, say you wanted to delete recordings 41,44 and 48, don't delete them in this order. i.e. delete 44 first, then 41 then 48...or maybe not :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GONZO what was the email address you used to communicate with Humax? Mbailey has asked on another thread and has been trying a couple of email routes with no answer...I presume its the one thats printed on the manual or their web site??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    GONZO what was the email address you used to communicate with Humax? Mbailey has asked on another thread and has been trying a couple of email routes with no answer...I presume its the one thats printed on the manual or their web site??
    I just followed the links on their site for technical queries.

uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk
    or
    tech-info@humax-digital.co.uk

Mind you though, dont expect a fast responce as I emailed them on the 9th January, so its taken just over a month for a reply..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stephenbw wrote:
    I took it to mean that, say you wanted to delete recordings 41,44 and 48, don't delete them in this order. i.e. delete 44 first, then 41 then 48...or maybe not :confused:

I think you could be right.. I recorded a film which I havent watched yet. So far at the moment when i record stuff and watch it then delete it, nothing has re-appeared as the first recording is still there..
    So maybe try recording something for about a minute and leave it there at the top of the recorded program list and just delete the other stuff once done with and see what happens...