Options

Joint of beef still a bit frozen in the middle any quick defrosting tips ??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
Forum Member
I want to get in on pretty soon and it was defrosting in the fridge for 2 days and has not fully defrosted yet :(

Help !!!

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Do you have a fan oven? In mine you can put the fan on and it doesn't half help defrost meat.

Or you could try nuking it in the microwave on defrost. It may start to cook the outside though. Not a problem if you are going to sear it or sear it first.

Or if it is red meat joint you could just go fo it and cook it. As long as it gets upto the right temp in the middle when cooked then you should be ok.
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, your fridge sounds like its buggered, meat should well and truly defrost after 2 days.......:eek:

Take the beef out and place in plastic bag and defrost in COLD water for a little bit of time.........Once defrosted make sure you dry the meat well with kitchen roll...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your tips :)

OH went for the cold water option, I have got a fan oven and if it was up to me I would have cooked it like it is.

I think I might have a fridge problem but the meat is rather large and it does seem colder at the bottom of my fridge.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your fridge must be close to freezing.

I suggest you get a thermometer for your fridge and callibrate it up to 5 degrees.

Unless you've got a piece of meat to feed a banquet, there is no way it should still be frozen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Your fridge must be close to freezing.

I suggest you get a thermometer for your fridge and callibrate it up to 5 degrees.

Unless you've got a piece of meat to feed a banquet, there is no way it should still be frozen.

Lol no it was not that big and only still a bit frozen in the middle, I do like a really cold fridge I should turn it down really :o