Options

Unwanted Food

sands11sands11 Posts: 700
Forum Member
✭✭
Can you donate unwanted food anywhere. Will anyone actually want it.
I mean things like tins of biscuits and chocolates that are unopened. I have loads left from Christmas and we are all now trying to eat more heathily.

It just seems a shame to throw them away.

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We usually give to our local hospice or hospital not the patients but to the staff - they like a biccie or a choccie with their tea breaks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we have a thing called Food bank int he area they are always looking for food items. Maybe a homeless shelter?
  • Options
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    sands11 wrote: »
    I mean things like tins of biscuits and chocolates that are unopened. I have loads left from Christmas and we are all now trying to eat more heathily.

Keep em. Your will power will fade soon and then you'll regret that tin of Roses you chucked!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hobbes wrote: »
    Keep em. Your will power will fade soon and then you'll regret that tin of Roses you chucked!

My will power won't fade on the box of homemade Xmas sweets someone made for me. None of us dare eat them because we've all been inside her kitchen. :eek: Plus there were definitely hairs on top of one of them.
  • Options
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    My will power won't fade on the box of homemade Xmas sweets someone made for me. None of us dare eat them because we've all been inside her kitchen. :eek: Plus there were definitely hairs on top of one of them.

Maybe they're one for the compost heap them.
  • Options
    Annie1fortennisAnnie1fortennis Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sands11 wrote: »

You could also advertise on Freecycle. I am sure someone would love to have them.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feed it to the dog.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

Then why would give them to somebody else ?

Have a google on food bank to see whats available in you area
  • Options
    kizziekizzie Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Sally army is a good place as they give out food parcels to people in crises.

I know this because I had one the other week. There was a mix up with my bank and the utilities took out every penny I had in there. I had just moved and did not have any food in the house or a penny to my name. my support worker got in touch with the Sally army and they sent me a few bags of shopping. I was so grateful I cant tell you.. I am now buying a few bits extra in my shopping every week so I can return what I had plus extra to help out another person.

I know this is a old thread and the items have already gone but its still useful to know :)
  • Options
    AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacie, are you systematically trying to bump every thread since 1987 or something? :D:p
  • Options
    LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    Then why would give them to somebody else ?

Have a google on food bank to see whats available in you area

Don't even bother. This is an age old thread, people have already disposed of their christmas choccies.;)
  • Options
    LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacie, are you systematically trying to bump every thread since 1987 or something? :D:p

I just cannot find it funny. That is two days in a row and it is not as if it is a great contribution to the threads.
    I've lost all sense of humour !:(