Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    on facebook[...]theres people with names like Kelly Rodgers WasThompson

That is annoying. I'm guessing that it is entered by people who don't understand 'née', as opposed to it being an automatic change once you add a maiden name. The latter was what I previously thought to be the case, due to how often I'd seen this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who "ahhhh" after taking a sip of a hot drink. Drives me effing bonkers.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    people on facebook not using their proper names.

eg

Lisa Mummytobe Smith

also people who dont put their maiden name correctly. i know a woman whos name comes up as Ann Jones, yet if you click her profile its Ann Jones (Smith) so if you searched ann smith (if you didnt know her married name) you would still find her.

yet theres people with names like Kelly Rodgers WasThompson

To me it just screams look at me, I've just got married. Even worse is the likes of Lisa Soontobe Evans.

whats wrong with just using your own name?

I do that on my FB page as I didn't marry until I was 37 so most of my friends knew me by my maiden name (I still get called it today!).
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say Moreish. It's NOT a word and why do they have to do that camp, 'ooh they're very moreish aren't they?' in their best Julian Clary voice. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

Anyone who dares utter the word I just want to clobber.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    People who say Moreish. It's NOT a word and why do they have to do that camp, 'ooh they're very moreish aren't they?' in their best Julian Clary voice. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

People who don't realise that once a word is in the dictionary, it IS a word, no matter how much they don't like it :p

moreish
    adjective /ˈmɔː.rɪʃ//ˈmɔːr.ɪʃ/ UK informal approving

Definition
    (of food) having a very pleasant taste and making you want to eat more

(from Cambridge Dictionary Online)

[EDIT: Another online source says it was first used in 1690!)
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next door who has a driveway for 2 vehicles, yet park 1 of their cars on the pavement because they cant be arsed moving it back into their own driveway. Obscures my view of street when leaving my driveway and obstructs the road for other cars too. Selfish, ignorant people, phew....rant over :mad:
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh almost forgot, they have dogs that bark constantly too, their solution is to put them in back garden- instead of taking them for a good walk and tiring them out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    People who don't realise that once a word is in the dictionary, it IS a word, no matter how much they don't like it :p

moreish
    adjective /ˈmɔː.rɪʃ//ˈmɔːr.ɪʃ/ UK informal approving

Definition
    (of food) having a very pleasant taste and making you want to eat more

(from Cambridge Dictionary Online)

[EDIT: Another online source says it was first used in 1690!)

When it says 'informal' it means it's slang therefore not a proper word.

Still hate it though. It always sounds so annoying. In the same way that I can't stand it when people say, 'having steak for dinner, oooh nom-nom-nom.'

Incidently nom nom is also in the online dictionary as an informal saying. Still doesn't make it a real word. It's slang hence why the listing says informal. Personally when I see anyone write this like in Facebook statuses, I want to punch them right in the face. The phrase makes me SO angry. It's like having a verbal description of that God awful sloppy chewing noise that people make when they can't close their mouths when chewing their food. Disgusting phrase.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who talk loudly in a public place.

I don't particularly want to know how well your child is doing at school, how awful the weather is today, how wonderful your darling is with his hands and how much a trip to Tahiti will cost you two.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member

Me too. I was at dinner at a friend's house and one of their neighbours kept saying that. My mate said he was getting ready to grab me in case I took a swing at them. I didn't even realise it but I was sitting clenching my fists everytime they said that word.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My partner finds trivial pursuit incredibly annoying. Perfect example
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    It really annoys me when you pull over to allow another car through, and they don't acknowledge you - not even a nod!:mad:

YES! This is my massive pet hate. It genuinely makes me grumpy for the rest of my car journey.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Pot noodles two minute wait :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont' wait I like them crunchy
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say Moreish. It's NOT a word

Its been in the OED since 2002 apparently.

Its also defined in these online dictionaries.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/moreish

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moreish

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/moreish
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    I dont' wait I like them crunchy

I will NOT disobey preparation orders
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's things that annoy you intensely, but I have a person that does.

The guy who more often than not sits next to me on the train in the morning. To start with, he walks round the side of the queue for the train to push in, then he sits with his laptop bag on his lap the whole journey so it digs into me. He then opens his flask with a squeaky lid - I've not worked out whether it is hot chocolate, coffee or some mixture of both - but it stinks, and he also eats a nutty breakfast bar with it. After that, he'll then sit there for the rest of the train journey breathing really heavily, whilst searching around in his bag, his elbows hitting me in the process, for something he never manages to find.

This happens EVERY DAY.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moony wrote: »

I don't care. It's one of those stupid made up words that's become common saying which is why it's in there. It's still rubbish. Should we all start saying things like lessish and a lotish?

Soon if not already well be having words like 'chillax' and 'amazeballs' in there. Doesn't make them proper words, or at least not in my vocabulary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who won't disobey preparation orders.
    Gets on my wick.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    People never calling back after you have left messages for them or reply to emails that you have sent them. :mad:

I am getting married in September and since the very beginning with trying to contact venues to make appointments to view it has been an uphill struggle with people not returning calls or responding to emails. It makes me wonder if they want the business or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hangnail!

I had that today, and I couldn't get rid of it for hours :mad:

I know it's not a big deal, it just annoys the crap out of me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People never calling back after you have left messages for them or reply to emails that you have sent them. :mad:

I am getting married in September and since the very beginning with trying to contact venues to make appointments to view it has been an uphill struggle with people not returning calls or responding to emails. It makes me wonder if they want the business or not.

One of my pet hates. The hight of rudeness. And people who have mobile phones but never bother to answer them. What's the point in having a mobile if they never answer it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my pet hates. The hight of rudeness. And people who have mobile phones but never bother to answer them. What's the point in having a mobile if they never answer it?[/QUOTE]

play angry birds?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who put a letter to be posted on your desk without saying anything. Ok, sometimes I need to post letters. That does not mean I am the post fairy. Selfish rude arrogant f**kwits
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care. It's one of those stupid made up words.....

Most words are......

Just look at some of the words in common use that Shakespere just "made up".

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/biography/wordsinvented.html
This discussion has been closed.