5ive, 911, Liberty X, B*Witched, and Atomic kitten reuniting...911 aged well

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    I watched this on Catch up
    It was interesting to see what really went behind the scenes because i rather young at the time and use to like all these now shameful cheesy pop groups.

The Bewitched one looks interesting. Very intense by some of the previews. One of them can't even bear to be in a room with one of them.

me too. :D
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poo on a stick...I missed this:(
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    ^ It's on ITV catchup on sky anytime. :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    If you have sky+ it'll be on Anytime at some point under ITV. Failing that it's probably online somewhere. :)

I don't have Sky+ :( I was supposed to get Sky in 2010 but never did. It's a long story. I'll see if I can find it somewhere online that is legal and works here in Ireland ;)
  • Magic TorchMagic Torch Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah shame about eternal - isnt this year 20 years since the first album?

Wow, yes, it's 20 years since Always & Forever was released :eek: That makes me feel so old! I loved every track on the album.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
    Forum Member
    Eternal were a great rnb pop girl band ... good solid albums and some great pop tunes....
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched and enjoyed but really am only watching for B*Witched. It was a great watch looking back and its amazing now to know exactly what went on its sad liberty x ended like they did as they were an okay pop band with some nice songs and even now Just A Little sounds brilliant fresha nd exciting and could do well today.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the first show, not looking forward to Katona next week. What are they going to do with "Rise and Fall" of Atomic Kitten, since really they kind of just went off to do solo things, and even reunited a while after they ended to do a track for a Liverpool event.

I thought they were all still friends, until this reunion that is, It better not be a hatchet job on Jenny! It'll probably end up as yet another "I fell into drink and drugs, lost my husband, found Maaaarrrrk" etc Katona story. BORING.
  • 87Ben87Ben Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Loved the first show, not looking forward to Katona next week. What are they going to do with "Rise and Fall" of Atomic Kitten, since really they kind of just went off to do solo things, and even reunited a while after they ended to do a track for a Liverpool event.

I thought they were all still friends, until this reunion that is, It better not be a hatchet job on Jenny! It'll probably end up as yet another "I fell into drink and drugs, lost my husband, found Maaaarrrrk" etc Katona story. BORING.

I absolutely agree. Even on this morning they were all interested in Kerry. Atomic Kitten were successful after she left the band. So its ridiculous in my opinion. I don't want to hear about Katona either I hate the way she is still in the media she is and will always be a nobody. I hope Atomic Kitten decide not to release music with her as their albums will just head in the bargain bin.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think they've only got Katona on board just for the headlines and how much of a car crash she is... I don't think they'd have bothered with Atomic Kitten otherwise.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    FernandoM wrote: »
    For me, the biggest shame is Eternal not featuring in this programme. They were the leaders of the pack.

Eternal had some great songs - the early stuff like Stay, Just a Step from Heaven etc, and I Wanna Be The Only One was a great RnB/gospel tune :)
    When I was about 12 I fancied some of the members rather :):o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    SUCH good tv!
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the problem with 5ive, when you see only 4 in a photo, lolz!!
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I actually feel kind of sorry for Liberty X cos it seems they just had to admit they weren't selling and their popularity had waned in an ever-changing industry. Unlike most other groups of their ilk, I didn't get any sense of discord and animosity between individual members as seems to be the case with most of the others. They did seem to be exhausted with the pop treadmill but I think any pop star/group with longevity learns to slow that down and have a proper work/life balance just like everyone needs and they would've got that eventually.

I really liked them when they were around. Seems a shame that people with a talent get so sickened with it all that they don't do the thing they love anymore, i.e. singing!
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    87Ben wrote: »
    I absolutely agree. Even on this morning they were all interested in Kerry. Atomic Kitten were successful after she left the band. So its ridiculous in my opinion. I don't want to hear about Katona either I hate the way she is still in the media she is and will always be a nobody. I hope Atomic Kitten decide not to release music with her as their albums will just head in the bargain bin.

i really hope they don't let her sing any of Jenny's songs.

She can slaughter Ladies Night if she wants, but other than that I don't want to see her singing If you Come to Me, Last Goodbye, It's Ok etc.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really hope they don't let her sing any of Jenny's songs.

She can slaughter Ladies Night if she wants, but other than that I don't want to see her singing If you Come to Me, Last Goodbye, It's Ok etc.

Tide is High & Whole Again are 100% not sure what their third will be!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    the problem with 5ive, when you see only 4 in a photo, lolz!!

I used to wonder if their name should have been pronounced "Five-ive" or something :D:o
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sureley they can't just be doing the ONE show? I bet they will see the type of money on offer if they do an arena tour and scream, right?
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sureley they can't just be doing the ONE show? I bet they will see the type of money on offer if they do an arena tour and scream, right?

There was something mentioned in twitter saying that due to how quick the tickets for the one off sold, considering tour. However nothing concrete has been said, plus I would imagine with do many people involved scheduling could cause some issues.

Did any one else watch last night, never realised that one from 911 was married to Lynsey from b witched.
  • brunoloverbrunolover Posts: 2,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing the list of artists involved does really highlight how bad mainstream pop music was back in the late 90s for kids. Add Boyzone, Westlife in the mix and it's all pretty hideous. Not that I'm necessarily a massive fan of today's music but today's kids surely have it better with the likes of Rihanna, Gaga, Calvin Harris, Adele and 1 Direction.
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The B*Witched one looks interesting. Very intense by some of the previews. One of them can't even bear to be in a room with one of them.

Where have you got this from? And which two are you talking about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Well it seems to be Sinead with the problem and I can't wait to see why!
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    brunolover wrote: »
    Seeing the list of artists involved does really highlight how bad mainstream pop music was back in the late 90s for kids. Add Boyzone, Westlife in the mix and it's all pretty hideous. Not that I'm necessarily a massive fan of today's music but today's kids surely have it better with the likes of Rihanna, Gaga, Calvin Harris, Adele and 1 Direction.

Highly debateable - I think the likes of B*witched, Steps, S Club 7 were a LOT better than One Direction, Little Mix and the like! But I'm a child of the 90s and proud. :D
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's MENTAL to think of how successful they all were. Like 5ive sold 20 million and I dont even remember 911 that well but they seem really famous internationally. Crazy how everyone just forgot about them and didn't give a crap about them like a year later after they broke up.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble with 5ive trying to find a replacement with J is that J had a distinctive 'rap' voice and he had a lot of solo sections aswell. How are they going to replicate that?