Celebrities for 2013?

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I do think that tweet is referring to Strictly (although hopefully she's exaggerating on the 'today' part!)
    She's quite well known in business circles, but she's not exactly from a strong fanbase.

Unless it is indeed DOI as she didn't get the Dragon's Den role, so perhaps the Beeb wouldn't consider her for Strictly either. I guess she'll just have to be known in skating circles now her taking to the floor seems unlikely.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    I do think that tweet is referring to Strictly (although hopefully she's exaggerating on the 'today' part!)

Unless it is indeed DOI as she didn't get the Dragon's Den role, so perhaps the Beeb wouldn't consider her for Strictly either. I guess she'll just have to be known in skating circles now her taking to the floor seems unlikely.

If it is indeed SCD I personally don't think today is actually right...I think she has just decided to tweet today...but things have been rolling for a while... but that's just my take on it...
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Just shows how easy it is for the producers to keep the lineup a secret since Leveson !!

Twitter "follows" of pro's is about the biggest real clue nowadays.

Gone are the days of "Benji the binman" and good old fashioned phone hacking !!!

Yes so once the pro's have met the celebs we might start getting somewhere.

I'm happy with Sophie taking part, but i am not interested in Teri taking part at all :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this has been posted about already but thought i'd post it again anyway :)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/film/gallery/2013080613973/strictly-2013-rumoured-line-up/1/

I find Jet an interesting rumour as where would her name come from exactly? what does she do now, why on earth would her name come up?
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    I know this has been posted about already but thought i'd post it again anyway :)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/film/gallery/2013080613973/strictly-2013-rumoured-line-up/1/

I find Jet an interesting rumour as where would her name come from exactly? what does she do now, why on earth would her name come up?

She appears on the Big Brother spin-off, as a psychologist usually.

I'm surprised she's still coming up in these named parts, as technically she only really was rumoured once or twice a while ago.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised that there are places saying we'll find out the cast on the 3rd (red carpet day). Don't we usually find out the day before or something?
  • serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year the cast was announced on The One Show on 10th September - although Dani Harmer had been officially confirmed before that, and Victoria Pendleton had confirm her participation herself on the morning of 10th September. The red carpet show was one day later on 11th September.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    She appears on the Big Brother spin-off, as a psychologist usually.

I'm surprised she's still coming up in these named parts, as technically she only really was rumoured once or twice a while ago.

Oh ok thanks, I didn't know this.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »

A Big yes to Jet on Strictly, we need a real live gladiator on the show.
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    serafimo wrote: »
    Last year the cast was announced on The One Show on 10th September - although Dani Harmer had been officially confirmed before that, and Victoria Pendleton had confirm her participation herself on the morning of 10th September. The red carpet show was one day later on 11th September.

I think Richard Arnold had confirmed himself before the One Show as well, I seem to recall that he and Dani were confirmed very quickly on the costumes/clues page (and I think he'd said something on Daybreak to confirm himself too).

On that subject, I think we managed to get most of the cast right last year - think the only somewhat 'surprises' were Kimberley and Lisa (Lisa was guessed very late on).
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jet would be great, also seems a plausible rumour
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I think Richard Arnold had confirmed himself before the One Show as well, I seem to recall that he and Dani were confirmed very quickly on the costumes/clues page (and I think he'd said something on Daybreak to confirm himself too).

On that subject, I think we managed to get most of the cast right last year - think the only somewhat 'surprises' were Kimberley and Lisa (Lisa was guessed very late on).

Either Kimberley or Nicky were also revealed on the website clues page... Can't remember which one though :rolleyes: :p
    Forum Member
    Either Kimberley or Nicky were also revealed on the website clues page... Can't remember which one though :rolleyes: :p

Nicky was revealed beforehand on the One Show in a swivel-ly chair.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    I don't get why Teri and Fiona couldn't be in the same series, 99% of people wouldn't remember Teri Hatcher as a Bond girl. :confused:

Methinks people will remember Fiona (Bond girl or otherwise) even less...

cwickham wrote: »
    Ali was part of The Bill by then, although that year had two ex-EastEnders, two ex-Footballers' Wives (although again, the latter had more recent parts by the time they did Strictly) and a member of Corrie to boot.

In series 6 they had three ex-Eastenders in the one series: Gillian Taylforth, Phil Daniels & Jessie Wallace
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    A Big yes to Jet on Strictly, we need a real live gladiator on the show.

I can reveal that Jet is not really a gladiator - this is a real live gladiator.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15300000/Gladiator-movies-15324569-1280-800.jpg

I'm not trying to derail the thread again honest :p

Back on topic - I never watched 'Gladiators' in the 90s so don't know much about her. Not sure what to make of this 'rumour' - I don't think it's likely she'll be in the line up but you never know - I read that she used to be a gymnast in her youth so she could be good and I'm presuming she's quite a character.
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I can reveal that Jet is not really a gladiator - this is a real live gladiator.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15300000/Gladiator-movies-15324569-1280-800.jpg

If I'm being pedantic, that's Russell Crowe portraying a real live gladiator in a movie...

(so he isn't a gladiator, nor a chef. Nor black. Nor worthy. Think that's all basis covered. ;))
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gladiators was awesome. Mortals had to do battle with the Gladiators in a variety of often quite wierd physical challenges. Jet and Lighning were the best as they were pretty much unbeatable. It was a bit like Total Wipeout with fighting. As far as on screen character goes you didnt get to see much, just kick ass action

Do we have any rumors from The Downton Abby cast, I think they will have finished filming this years series
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Gladiators would have been relevant 15 years ago- now, not so much.

Surely we can do better?
  • SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely we can do better?

I'm falling into your camp here too. I do think there could be a few more 'inspired' signings. Each to their own though I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    is one of the Hairy Bikers doing the show?
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Gladiators was awesome. Mortals had to do battle with the Gladiators in a variety of often quite wierd physical challenges. Jet and Lighning were the best as they were pretty much unbeatable. It was a bit like Total Wipeout with fighting. As far as on screen character goes you didnt get to see much, just kick ass action

Do we have any rumors from The Downton Abby cast, I think they will have finished filming this years series

Surely they'd want someone from DA which is the biggest show around ATM, maybe someone from CTM if not?
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I wonder if we might get Michaela Strachan this year?

She's said before how much she wants to do it, and is now a Springwatch presenter (a show I'm surprised Strictly haven't tapped into before)
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely we can do better?

Sorry to show my ignorance, but what was the Gladiators?
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »

The cheesy 90s TV series, hosted by Ulrika Jonsson and the other guy. Lightning, Hunter, Wolf, etc.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »

It was an ITV game show - it had a long and successful run in the 90s. I said before that I never watched it but I think I did watch it on a few occasions - it was hard to avoid! I couldn't really get into and didn't get the all fuss and hype about it. Also Ulrika presented it so that was enough to put me off!

Sue has explained a bit about the show above. Obviously it was a popular show because it did have a long run and I think a few years back they did try and revive it.
This discussion has been closed.