Continuous Play ... anyone still paying into this?

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how long does it take to repair or replace console with ylod and does it cost anything since my ps3 got ylod tonight as i have been covered since october 2009 and this is the first time i have used it

If you have CP then it doesnt cost anything. They come and exchange on the doorstep and is normally within a couple of days, holidays and weekends excepted I'd presume

They use DPD couriers (here anyway) and the courier comes with a replacement sealed in a red/pink box. They cut it open in front of you. give you it and you give them your old one. no leads or anything, just the console and original HDD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    If you have CP then it doesnt cost anything. They come and exchange on the doorstep and is normally within a couple of days, holidays and weekends excepted I'd presume

They use DPD couriers (here anyway) and the courier comes with a replacement sealed in a red/pink box. They cut it open in front of you. give you it and you give them your old one. no leads or anything, just the console and original HDD.

i do have continuous play ringing them on monday to deal with it does it matter if its a pre owned console
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say all going well you should get your new one by thursday/friday at latest.

I've had 2 replacements through it so far and its a first class service !!

Sony will contact the insurers to check everything is in order and you are still covered then they'll give you a date.
    Forum Member
    I'd say all going well you should get your new one by thursday/friday at latest.

I've had 2 replacements through it so far and its a first class service !!

Sony will contact the insurers to check everything is in order and you are still covered then they'll give you a date.

ok thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ring now , they are open 24/7 so you should get a replacement by mon/tue.
    Forum Member
    N43 wrote: »
    Ring now , they are open 24/7 so you should get a replacement by mon/tue.

rang them last night they said need to contact insurers to confirm insurance then they said they will ring back by monday to sort whatever they need to sort out
  • frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    I wish I had something like this. Day 16 of a dead ps3 at the mo :cry:
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frailfury wrote: »
    I wish I had something like this. Day 16 of a dead ps3 at the mo :cry:

Thought you bought a new one? I seen you online last night aswell.
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this service this ongoing and how much does it cost?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this service this ongoing and how much does it cost?

Not taking new subscribers mate. People were abusing it so they are now only honouring the existing payers.
  • frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    Thought you bought a new one? I seen you online last night aswell.

I did buy a new one, but I have a 120GB sitting here as a paperweight right now. Tempted just to sell it for £135.
    Forum Member
    anyone know if they send fat or slim ps3's when they send replacements or is it just pot luck what you get
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like for like.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been lucky so far, my current refurb is from June 2009. A 60gb phat.
    Forum Member
    rang them at 6pm today said replacement will be here tomorrow between 8am and 6pm
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rang them at 6pm today said replacement will be here tomorrow between 8am and 6pm

It is a very quick turnaround, you probably will have your refurb as I type this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    It is a very quick turnaround, you probably will have your refurb as I type this!

How'd you get on Chanandler ???
    Forum Member
    How'd you get on Chanandler ???

got replacement at about 1pm on tuesday same model as already had, 40gb model first thing i done was put my 120gb hard drive in the console that i had bought when upgraded the original console just after i bought it only annoying thing is that i had to redownload all purchased content on the ps3 mainly rock band dlc and little big planet dlc and restart games from the start due to having to format the hard drive, apart from that happy with the service by sony
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just dawned on me I had skipped over this.

My DS3 is playing up. The left stick is wanting to constantly head down. Can I claim this on my CP ???

also, if so, do they exchange this also or just send you out another ??

Depends if the DS3 came with your PS3, if it didnt then no, if it did then yes. They will know what controller came with it via the PS3 serial number BTW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got replacement at about 1pm on tuesday same model as already had, 40gb model first thing i done was put my 120gb hard drive in the console that i had bought when upgraded the original console just after i bought it only annoying thing is that i had to redownload all purchased content on the ps3 mainly rock band dlc and little big planet dlc and restart games from the start due to having to format the hard drive, apart from that happy with the service by sony

Hopefully now you have learned your lesson and will now do a regular back up of your gamesaves?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »
    Depends if the DS3 came with your PS3, if it didnt then no, if it did then yes. They will know what controller came with it via the PS3 serial number BTW.

quite an old quote you dug up from me. I have a new DS3 that replaced my broken six axis ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    The SIXAXIS was discontinued in April 2008. The official replacement is the DualShock 3 which is why you have been receiving them.

Odd that i was offered a Sixaxis then 2 weeks ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quite an old quote you dug up from me. I have a new DS3 that replaced my broken six axis ;):p

I didnt dig it up berk it was someone else i was just reading the entire thread. Hope you are your pad are happy together, it seems to have enriched your life greatly ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah Sack, the new pad is great. Has quite a Matt finish, which I presume was to match the slims. However Sony owed me one anyway since my actual DS3 should have lasted longer. Not only does the left stick play up but think the R2 button is away on it too.

I'm tempted to open it up but fear it will all spring all over the place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Continuous play has come in handy for me. My PS3 just suffered YLOD, and I phoned Sony this morning and a replacement PS3 will be delivered on Tuesday.