Doctor Who - 18th June (Pre-Air Discussion)

1235»

Comments

• bayardsbayards Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't forget there is "An Ultimate Guide" programme on before the last episode , around 6:15 pm on BBC 1 tonight!

H
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Well I did my best to avoid spoilers but I somehow seem to have ended up knowing what happens tonight (or as this is a post-air discussion should that be 'what happened tonight').

I feel rather miffed and blame the BBC for the photos they released to the media. It's one thing making sure you don't read an article but when there's a huge pic that gives the game away you can't 'un-see' it :mad:

In fact it's made me wonder why I watch TV at all - for instance, I never watch Eastenders yet know who the key characters are and the plotlines!

Why can't we go back to the days when we really didn't know who had shot JR until the episode was screened????

Ah well, whinge over, am gearing myself up for the 6.15 docco which I expect will get me in the mood :D
  • cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be very interesting to see if someone's opinions differ once they have watched them again. I really disliked Rose/AOL/WW3 for the sloppy direction and the endless farting gags in the latter but want to watch them again and see if in the cold light of day I can find more to like about them.

I have found the episodes are better after the first viewing. As for the Slitheen- I have said it before - I think they are a Fantastic creation. I would have found the farting juvenile if it werent important to the understanding of the Slitheen themselves. In the AOL/WW3 eps it was inferred that they could have stopped the farting except it is something they have noticed about human behaviour, and therfore wouldnt be out of place

Cj
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wel i've resisted reading the spoilers but coudn't resist looking at the pictures.OMG can't wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote:
    Wel i've resisted reading the spoilers but coudn't resist looking at the pictures.OMG can't wait.
    I've avoided everything - pictures, spoilers, radio, TV, conversation and almost every DS thread. I haven't got a clue. Not a clue....

ONE HOUR TO GO!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?Is it on yet?

*Jumps up and down excitedly on the sofa* :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much spoiler-free here - though my work colleagues are trying to tell me they won't let me take my break at 7 :eek: Lucky I'm in charge today bwahahahaha :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so glad i haven't clicked on that spoiler thread - the temptation has been HUGE!!!!

Definately paid off though... this pre-airing special looking back at athe whole serie is only building up the excitement even more!!!

anyway... now time to sit in my nest surrounded by lager and munchies, switch off the lights, turn up the entertainment system and enjoy... seeya on the flipside!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Eccleston wanted the challenge of the role, to work with RTD and to challenge the expectations of his peers.

In doing all three he has succeeded. But I feel sorry for the millions of children who have had their 'first Doctor' only to have lost him so soon (too soon...).

Two series minimum would have been the best option...but to have the Doctor regenerate now only proves how dangerous travelling through time and space is...

David Tennant, the new tenth Doctor (and don't forget his has only three more bodies left), has a challenge to follow Eccleston's stunning performance.

If the writing, direction, production, music, FX and costume quality continues to be as good then Tennant will only have himself to blame.

He'll be, to coin a phrase, fantastic.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    gymboy wrote:
    ... okay, I admit, I just want a little model of Christopher Eccleston for my bedside table... ;)
    In that case, can I have a Billie P please? :D