Mel Smith and Griff Rhys Jones’s comedy partnership was “not exactly a marriage made

MeMeMeIMeMeMeI Posts: 990
Forum Member
✭✭
Mel Smith and Griff Rhys Jones’s comedy partnership was “not exactly a marriage made in heaven”.
Jones, 59, told the Radio Times he and Smith, who died at his home in west London two weeks ago, were completely different.

But he said that there was no rivalry with actor and director Smith and that it was “sheer bliss” to perform together.

http://www.london24.com/entertainment/tv/comedy_partnership_with_late_mel_smith_no_marriage_made_in_heaven_says_griff_rhys_jones_1_2306404

I always remember them as a very funny comedy team..

Comments

• DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    They certainly weren't fans of Pepsi!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    They certainly weren't fans of Pepsi!

What does that mean?
    Forum Member
    They were more keen on their rivals. Especially when they were appearing in Charleys aunt at the Albery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Coke :confused:
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    There was an interview with them, years ago, where they talked about their working relationship (amongst other things).

I think that Smith and Jones were a bit like Laurel and Hardy in that respect: almost nothing in common, but good friends nonetheless - and a cracking comedy partnership. They spent little time together outside of work, but when Oliver Hardy died, Stan Laurel was devastated. I would imagine that Griff Rhys Jones feels much the same way.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were more keen on their rivals. Especially when they were appearing in Charleys aunt at the Albery.

Was Michael Ball in that as well?
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »

:eek::D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Misty08 wrote: »

Hehehehehehehehehehe