Options

Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like a couple of songs (kiss you & one way or another) but that is how far I'll go. I don't dislike them, I dislike the fandom as some girls/boys can be really ungrateful for what 1D are giving them.

I do like What Makes You Beautiful. Genuinely good pop song and I can see how it put 1D on the map.

I certainly don't "hate" 1D (or many people at all, really) but I stand by my belief that they have had everything handed to them on a plate and don't have a creative or unique bone in any of their bodies. That's just my opinion and obviously anyone is more than entitled to disagree...but I honestly don't get why some fans have to act like everything thread should be an Appreciation thread. There is sticking up for your "faves" and then there is unhealthy, obsessive behaviour.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Directioners wonder why people hate them:
    https://twitter.com/Real_1DLiamgirl/status/336099604967849985
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like What Makes You Beautiful. Genuinely good pop song and I can see how it put 1D on the map.

I certainly don't "hate" 1D (or many people at all, really) but I stand by my belief that they have had everything handed to them on a plate and don't have a creative or unique bone in any of their bodies. That's just my opinion and obviously anyone is more than entitled to disagree...but I honestly don't get why some fans have to act like everything thread should be an Appreciation thread. There is sticking up for your "faves" and then there is unhealthy, obsessive behaviour.

I agree. A couple of their sings are ok enough pop tunes but, for me, they're so average. Average looking, average singers, average songs. I just can't see anything to love about them or anything that hasn't been done 1,000,000 times before.

I also hate the way some of their fans use 'but they are so sexy' to justify anything. Like when one of them was supposed to have cheated on his gf (who is also in a band iirc), fans were saying he was right to cheat because he's too good looking for her and she's lucky to have him at all.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    And Directioners wonder why people hate them:
    https://twitter.com/Real_1DLiamgirl/status/336099604967849985

It's of course a profoundly naive tweet, but I don't understand why it would warrant "hate". In a couple of years, these teenagers will realise that there are other things to love, but they trying to trend something nice for their favourite group... Why would it be a problem to more mature people? They shouldn't care about that at all.

What irks me is when people trend stuff to bash someone, but this is harmless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    annushka wrote: »
    It's of course a profoundly naive tweet, but I don't understand why it would warrant "hate". In a couple of years, these teenagers will realise that there are other things to love, but they trying to trend something nice for their favourite group... Why would it be a problem to more mature people? They shouldn't care about that at all.

What irks me is when people trend stuff to bash someone, but this is harmless.

When looking at Twitter normal people are just sick of seeing that Justin Bieber or One Direction trend every day with just shite who nobody apart from sick fans are interested in. 99 % of the world just don't want to hear from or even see anything about these talentless boys.
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When looking at Twitter normal people are just sick of seeing that Justin Bieber or One Direction trend every day with just shite who nobody apart from sick fans are interested in. 99 % of the world just don't want to hear from or even see anything about these talentless boys.

Seriously, what's your problem?! Do you actually care for twitter trends??? If you don't follow any 1D-fans you won't notice any 1D-related trends in your twitter feed, unless you go looking for them. But if that's the case, I can't understand why you're so upset about them?!
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Seriously, what's your problem?! Do you actually care for twitter trends??? If you don't follow any 1D-fans you won't notice any 1D-related trends in your twitter feed, unless you go looking for them. But if that's the case, I can't understand why you're so upset about them?!

To be fair, that is not really true. You don't have to follow 1D to see their trends. It is hard not to notice Twitter trends and they are all about 1D or Bieber, Just saying...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, that is not really true. You don't have to follow 1D to see their trends. It is hard not to notice Twitter trends and they are all about 1D or Bieber, Just saying...

And again, why are you also getting worked up with the previous comment? This again proves 1D fans always react so strongly whenever anyone say even a little comment about 1D that isn't positive. Just relax and accept the fact that 1D criticism will always be around. As long as the comments are not rude, snide and nasty like calling them rude names or saying they are talentless, puppets etc, there is seriously no need for such angry and frustrated reactions...
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I dont hate them just some of their fans who say things like they are better than the beatles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »

And again, why are you also getting worked up with the previous comment? This again proves 1D fans always react so strongly whenever anyone say even a little comment about 1D that isn't positive. Just relax and accept the fact that 1D criticism will always be around. As long as the comments are not rude, snide and nasty like calling them rude names or saying they are talentless, puppets etc, there is seriously no need for such angry and frustrated reactions...

Well, I think that's what the person above was doing, calling names and posting rude, snide and nasty comments:
    When looking at Twitter normal people are just sick of seeing that Justin Bieber or One Direction trend every day with just shite who nobody apart from sick fans are interested in.
    I find this comment a lot ruder and nastier than mine... He's basically saying people who are interested in these trends are sick and not normal.
    And that's why I find it ridiculous that he even cares...
    Regarding trends: I disagree with you, I only see them when I really want to see them. I need to look at the list of trends. Otherwise, I just read the tweets in my feed and won't notice any trends! Just saying...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I think that's what the person above was doing, calling names and posting rude, snide and nasty comments:
    When looking at Twitter normal people are just sick of seeing that Justin Bieber or One Direction trend every day with just shite who nobody apart from sick fans are interested in.
    I find this comment a lot ruder and nastier than mine... He's basically saying people who are interested in these trends are sick and not normal.
    And that's why I find it ridiculous that he even cares...
    Regarding trends: I disagree with you, I only see them when I really want to see them. I need to look at the list of trends. Otherwise, I just read the tweets in my feed and won't notice any trends! Just saying...

I didn't even say your comment is nasty, it is not. And I think you overreacted a little bit - when he said he meant normal people, I just think he meant people that are not Bieber or 1D fans. And you can't deny there are some disturbing tweets and trends like "DieLoki" for example just because one of them owns a dog. I think that is the reason why he said what he said. He was harsh at some parts, but I do understand his point of view.

Fine, disagree with me all you want about trending topics... but all I'm saying is that trends are very visible in the left corner so it is hard not to notice them. Ignoring them is a whole another matter. I do that all the time, but they are noticeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even say your comment is nasty, it is not. And I think you overreacted a little bit - when he said he meant normal people, I just think he meant people that are not Bieber or 1D fans. And you can't deny there are some disturbing tweets and trends like "DieLoki" for example just because one of them owns a dog. I think that is the reason why he said what he said. He was harsh at some parts, but I do understand his point of view.

Fine, disagree with me all you want about trending topics... but all I'm saying is that trends are very visible in the left corner so it is hard not to notice them. Ignoring them is a whole another matter. I do that all the time, but they are noticeable.

You might have misunderstood me, I didn't think you meant my comment was nasty :) I was referring to your reaction to my comment from last night: As long as the comments are not rude, snide and nasty [...], there is seriously no need for such angry and frustrated reactions...

I understood you thought my reaction to "Chris_Bayerstei" was angry and frustrated and for no reason. I just tried to point out that there was a reason for my reaction (his over-generalising comment about "normal people"), which wasn't angry and frustrated at all, by the way...

I think the reason why so many 1D fans are posting in this thread is precisely this: Some users (generally not you, zeze88; but Chris_Bayerstei for example) post gerneralising comments which they think are facts, but which aren't. Of course we feel the need to bring in another point of view, which is the purpose of a forum anyway, isn't it?!
    I don't understand why so many posters can't just state their opinions, but have to pretend their opinion is a general fact?! It would make a discussion so much more civilised ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, I agree that you can see the twitter trends in the box on the left, but I suppose I don't find them that important. We all know that the only people who truly bother to trend things on a regular basis are teenagers, so I am not surprised that 1D ,Bieber & Selena Gomez as well as Taylor Swift recently (UJ sometimes too) are more top trends than Adele or the Beatles.

What I don't get is why people (adults) would get worked up about that. It's just a couple of lines on the left of your screen, it probably doesn't appear in your timeline if you are not interested in them anyway.

It's like when people complain in comment sections of online articles that a topic is covered too much... Why did they click on it? No one is forcing them to read that, and by clicking on it, they send the wrong signal, making it seem that they are interested in said topic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I agree that you can see the twitter trends in the box on the left, but I suppose I don't find them that important. We all know that the only people who truly bother to trend things on a regular basis are teenagers, so I am not surprised that 1D ,Bieber & Selena Gomez as well as Taylor Swift recently (UJ sometimes too) are more top trends than Adele or the Beatles.

What I don't get is why people (adults) would get worked up about that. It's just a couple of lines on the left of your screen, it probably doesn't appear in your timeline if you are not interested in them anyway.

It's like when people complain in comment sections of online articles that a topic is covered too much... Why did they click on it? No one is forcing them to read that, and by clicking on it, they send the wrong signal, making it seem that they are interested in said topic.

I don't get the frustration either when it comes to Twitter trends - I just ignore them as I know trends about Bieber, Gomez or 1D are created by a young fanbase (11-16 girls).

However, I do understand why are people angry when some topic is covered too much. I mean, you can't help but notice the headlines and I guess people love posting their disagreements with it. On a personal note, I finished journalism so you can understand why I am annoyed:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member

Even in the newspaper and magazines or here on digitalspy you always have to read headlines about every fart One Direction or Justin Bieber produce. That's just so annoying. I mean it's ok if the teen press writes about them constantly, but the adult press should just ignore these talentless boys. We don't want to hear or read about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a483075/one-direction-cover-praised-by-backstreet-boys-they-did-a-good-job.html

Have BSB actually listened to 1D version? This sounds really bad and they are so dysfunctional. How they think 1D have done a great job, I just don't know...
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they are very good at what they do but i just dont like harry so that makes me dislike them all together
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    I dont hate them just some of their fans who say things like they are better than the beatles.

That's a matter of opinion - only ignorant people would say such a thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    they are very good at what they do but i just dont like harry so that makes me dislike them all together

:confused:

How does that work out?
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a483075/one-direction-cover-praised-by-backstreet-boys-they-did-a-good-job.html

Have BSB actually listened to 1D version? This sounds really bad and they are so dysfunctional. How they think 1D have done a great job, I just don't know...

Howie is a lovely guy but, yeah, I don't think he listened to it. :D To be fair, no boyband could touch BSB when they were at their vocal peak - they were out of this world. 1D's effort does seem extremely half-hearted in comparison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just read this:

It was a bit of a mess, but it could have been good had they rehearsed. It was OK considering it was just on the spot.
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get the frustration either when it comes to Twitter trends - I just ignore them as I know trends about Bieber, Gomez or 1D are created by a young fanbase (11-16 girls).

However, I do understand why are people angry when some topic is covered too much. I mean, you can't help but notice the headlines

I agree with both points. Well said!
  • Options
    Lil-MedonsterLil-Medonster Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I can understand the frustration of twitter/facebook as I have experienced it myself, there was a point a few months back when with the adverts that come up on your feed something bout 1d would constantly appear and it would really piss me of, I hadn't looked up anything about them, I hadn't liked anything about them and I don't want them to keep being forced down my throat until I like them, I have never done and never will and constantly forcing them into peoples life's only aggravates them so they dislike them if not more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    It was a bit of a mess, but it could have been good had they rehearsed. It was OK considering it was just on the spot.

I said this before... I understand that it wasn't rehearsed, but if you are in a group, your harmonies should be spot on even without a rehearsal. They have had a lot of training while on the X Factor and also a lot of opportunities to sing live with the X Factor tour and their first debut tour... they should at the very least harmonize VERY good even without a rehearsal. I have seen plenty of clips where older boybands could sing acapella of a song they have never rehearsed before. Even if everything else was a little messy, the harmonies were always spot on. When the band practices a lot and the members know each others vocal abilities, great harmonies happen even when the songs are not rehearsed. That is the beauty and natural talent of a boyband.

I think all these new boybands are missing great harmonies. And hey, if you can't be spontaneous, at least don't try to sing on the spot as it doesn't look good. But if they want to, 1D should then practice harmonizing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read this:

It's very obvious the BSB have not listened to it when they say that...
    The 1D boys obviously didn't know the words of the song apart from 1 of them, and just knew the melody a bit (& might not have heard the song in years), I thought only 2 of them sang it anyway.

Anyway, it's from the "twitter questions" part of the show: this part is about interacting with the public.
    The twitter questions can be anything: actual questions or dares to do something, such as this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig60K20KwrA (swimming on stage). It's the comedic part of the show.

I don't understand why anyone would judge them on that, but they can if they feel like it. However, it will be pretty inaccurate IMO.