Options

Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor. BBC1. 25/12/13 19:30. Official Thread

Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And now it's time for one last bow, just like your other selves...
Eleventh's Hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelves...

What did you think of the episode? 845 votes

Excellent
34% 295 votes
Good
24% 205 votes
Average
19% 164 votes
Bad
8% 76 votes
Poor
12% 105 votes

Comments

• Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol well someone had to start it well done for being the first! I like the line too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    lol well someone had to start it well done for being the first! I like the line too!

I started it early to give people time to discuss The episode.
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <Joke>Well personally i think the nudity just cheapens the episode </>

Sorry couldn't resist, this only makes sense if you have been following the other thread ......
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    There's going to be nudity? GREAT!

Can't wait to see more of Clara!!

*Goes to read other thread*

Awwww :(

Well isn't that....wizard :blush:
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news is I will be able to see it even though I'm at my folks this year, bad news is I'll have to watch it with my step day no doubt complaining all the way through as he does with every TV show apart from Country File :p

Sad at the thought that Matt Smith will be the former Doctor in a few days :(

But I'm excited for Capaldi as well….
  • Options
    HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    .... I'll have to watch it with my step day no doubt complaining all the way through as he does with every TV show apart from Country File :p

I can just imagine how big a fan of the show he'd become if MS regenerated and instead of Peter Capaldi the new Doctor was being played by John Craven
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most exciting this for me about this episode will be the regeneration music. Murray should never regenerate :)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can just imagine how big a fan of the show he'd become if MS regenerated and instead of Peter Capaldi the new Doctor was being played by John Craven

Maybe I'll tell him that happens, might keep him quite for at least 55 minutes! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the theories on Lem's massive head shouting at the clock tower?
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    One of the most exciting this for me about this episode will be the regeneration music. Murray should never regenerate :)

Oh definitely. Whatever you think of the plot of 10s regeneration, the music still manages to cause a stir in my manly mind even now!

Such a brilliant piece of music, I hope 11 gets a similarly stirring composure for his swansong too.

Also the regeneration effect itself.
    I might be in the minority but I'm glad it's looked the same for the past 8 years now.
    I just hope the "morph" between Matt and Peter is better than the "ehhh, can't be bothered" one between David and Matt.
    Though the Morphing from Hurt to nearly Ecclestone was a good one in DOTD so I have a hope they've saved SOME budget for that ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Capaldi to be taking names and kicking a** pretty quickly, post regen. Maybe immediately.

The 'stare' in DOTD is epic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    I'd like Capaldi to be taking names and kicking a** pretty quickly, post regen. Maybe immediately.

Can almost see him there shouting at the Daleks "Just f*** off and stop being c***s"

Really looking forward to this episode, although I'm a bit worried about the pacing from interviews I've seen. Hopefully I'll be worrying for nothing, but I'll be sitting there on Christmas night in my new onsie, with a hot chocolate (with a fudge stick) and cheering on The Doctor.

Yeah, just kidding about the onsie and the chocolate......although, if some bugger's got me a onsie I might be busy at the police station around 7:30pm. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that from the trailers, the Daleks seem to know who the Doctor is, even though he was deleted from their databases?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that from the trailers, the Daleks seem to know who the Doctor is, even though he was deleted from their databases?

Was Time Lord history erased from their databases, too?

He's still a Time Lord. They only need to know that he calls himself The Doctor... a hole in his plan to step back in to the shadows, I dare say.

Well that, and the Daleks are surrounded by races that could know everything about him.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote:

He has quite a daring, staring look about him.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Has someone told him yet there is a Doctor Who fan club?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Has someone told him yet there is a Doctor Who fan club?

Technically he's the face of the fan club now! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Just rewatching nightmare in silver............Clara's last line to Matt is "Good Night"............
    Perhaps her last line to peter is, see you Wednesday, Good Night............
    Further I would love to see Matt the actor as the ghost saying "I remember when I was the doctor" just before he changes"..............
    And of course Matt as the doctor saying "Times change and so must I" just before that....to clara.
    We get 2 versions of Matt...........brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Matt too busy? Jenna seems to be doing most of the marketing for his last episode :(
    ----- wrote: »
    Just rewatching nightmare in silver............Clara's last line to Matt is "Good Night"............
    Perhaps her last line to peter is, see you Wednesday, Good Night............
    Further I would love to see Matt the actor as the ghost saying "I remember when I was the doctor" just before he changes"..............
    And of course Matt as the doctor saying "Times change and so must I" just before that....to clara.
    We get 2 versions of Matt...........brilliant.

Very random speculation? :p
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought that. I guess American Psycho is filling his time. Must be as hes doing zero promo. God bless Jenna though. She's a trooper!