Working at Yodel?

tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello,
I am considering this, I do like the idea you sort of manage your own time. But I imagine half the places there is probably no parking? Has anyone any experience of it?

Comments

• GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parking would be the least of my worries as you are only somewhere for a few minutes. It would be the tuppance per delivery and the amount you need to do per day to make it worth it that would worry me.
  • bluesmurfbluesmurf Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    It depends really as what I know from our delivery drivers at work certain types of routes suit some people and other types they hate and are useless at.

By this I mean:

Rural routes - typically loads of house names, loads of hard to find places, generally a lot less drops and more driving. Some people completely fail at these routes whilst others take to them like a duck to water. Typically have a higher drop rate to compensate for the extra driving and fewer drops.

Non town routes. Residential and industrial estates. Probably the easiest of the lot. Residential parking can be a bitch in some areas.

Town routes. Sink or swim on these. Some love them, others absolutely hate them. Generally more traffic and harder to park. Can take a while to build up the required knowledge to do them.

Depending on what you do you will find people tend to lie a lot, you will become to hate blocks flats and will soon discover how senders have a habit of missing off parts of addresses.
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I read it's 68p a drop Gogfumble.

That's great answer bluesmurf, thanks.