Options

Father Jack from Father Ted to join Emmerdale (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drink.... Girls..... All they need now is Pauline McLynn to come in as the housekeeper!:D
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »
    I'm excited to see how they fit in. I think the Wyldes have run their course.

Well, as they're all leaving, they won't be there much longer anyway! lol
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Crikey! I used to watch Doctors when Helen (Corinne Wicks) was in it. She was in from the start and I watched the first few years of it. Used to like her as Helen.

She's either engaged or married to Tom Butcher, also formerly of Doctors who used to be in The Bill.

Very soapy all round, really, so it's apt she's ended up in a real soap! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    dronkula wrote: »
    Ok - just remember that Frank Kelly is *completely* and *utterly* different from Father Jack in real life. In interviews he's hardly recognisable from the character.

He's actually quite a posh guy.

Yeah I saw an interview with him and hardly even recognised him. He's a great actor but Father Jack will always be his best role even if it didn't allow for him to shine.

He'll probably be quite posh in Emmerdale as that would fit it with the Home Farm dynamic, but either way he's a great actorr so its a great signing!
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!! can we now have father Dougal as the new Vic?? ;)

Looking forwrd to this, he is a lovely fella.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No drinking? No swearing? F.eck!
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    excellent casting for emmerdale!!!!! frank kelly is an irish legend
  • Options
    Amber27Amber27 Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Crikey! I used to watch Doctors when Helen (Corinne Wicks) was in it. She was in from the start and I watched the first few years of it. Used to like her as Helen.

She's either engaged or married to Tom Butcher, also formerly of Doctors who used to be in The Bill.

Very soapy all round, really, so it's apt she's ended up in a real soap! lol

She's married to Tom Butcher who played Marc in Doctors. Great she's back on TV and the part she plays will fit her brilliantly.

Loving all the new "posh" characters!
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    father Jack & sandy in the pub roflmao can you imagine the stick betty & edna will get from them two.
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Has anyone heard his version of 'The 12 Days Of Christmas' ?

It is basically him playing the part of a man living with his elderly mother and how they are driven mad but a well meaning lady friend, Nola, who sends him all the gifts in the story.

You should find it if you Google.

I LOVE that song/poem. It is so funny. I remember hearing it for the first time when I was about 10 and I have loved it ever since.

DEAR NUALA..... :D
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    Drink.... Girls..... All they need now is Pauline McLynn to come in as the housekeeper!:D

No! She's not a nice woman, and hates when people associate her with Mrs Doyle. Ungrateful bint.

Sorry, I know you were joking but it feels good to vent :p
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Well, as they're all leaving, they won't be there much longer anyway! lol

Yeah but even if they weren't leaving I'm getting sick of them and their storyline personally.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    phasers wrote: »
    No! She's not a nice woman, and hates when people associate her with Mrs Doyle. Ungrateful bint.

Pauline is lovely and it was father ted that made her big so she's no problems talking about it. She's busy with shameless these days....
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davedub wrote: »
    Pauline is lovely and it was father ted that made her big so she's no problems talking about it. She's busy with shameless these days....

And also she's quite a good author too... Sorry getting a bit off topic.

It will be interesting to see Frank Kelly as I haven't seen him in anything other than FT.
  • Options
    CiceraoCicerao Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I hope he's going to be playing a similar part, Emmerdale needs a new professional pisshead since Shadders died :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Father Ted was one of my favorite shows of all time :D! And Frank Kelly was simply amazing as Father Jack :). I was just looking at the family portrait there in the news section, and wow he looks different :eek:. I reckon he'll be a completely different character from that of Father Jack :(, but it's still a great signing for Emmerdale nonetheless :)
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    phasers wrote: »

I beg to differ...there was an interview up on DS very very recently and she was more than happy to talk about Mrs Doyle.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity they won't have Frank shouting "****!!" at Edna:D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pity they won't have Frank shouting "****!!" at Edna:D

he'll probably shout it at Nathan! :D

A pair of ****in women's knickers!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he'll probably shout it at Nathan! :D

A pair of ****in women's knickers!

:D:D

He would certainly deserve it (even though I like him!)
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D:D

He would certainly deserve it (even though I like him!)

I like Nathan too!

can't wait to see frank in action though!

I hope they take on the kings- carl could do with a good beating