Options

Overall I think this is the best 12 finalists we have seen for a while!

rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
Forum Member
✭✭✭
looking forward to it

usually i only like 3/4 acts

its only nicolo im not into much

Comments

• Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    They're better than last years, but I don't think we'll ever get a group as good as series 5. I think "for a while" is a bit of an exaggeration :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only like Matt this year. I'm indifferent to the rest, except Katie whom I think is terrible, in attitude, personality and ability.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Season 5 and Season 2 I think were better on the whole
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    I don't like the fact that Simons Makey-Up Bands both got through - I really much prefered Hustle and the other boyband don't know their name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    They're better than last years, but I don't think we'll ever get a group as good as series 5. I think "for a while" is a bit of an exaggeration :p
    JG000 wrote: »

I agree.
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5 had the most depth of talent I think, despite THE QUIGG lingering like a fart until the end. 4 was quite bad.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    well its a final 16. but we dont know how long that is going to be for though, they might only choose one of the wild cards to continue
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    XF5- best year ever
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JG000 wrote: »

This.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    XF5- best year ever

Agreed, though I think it's very possible this series could top it. It's certainly a better final 12 line up compared to last year.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's better than last year.
  • Options
    cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP you gotta be kidding!

Only one person is a recording artist, that is Rebecca.

The rest of them will not sell records, they will be just like last years winner! I can't remember his name! All I know about him, is that he has come out of the closet. As reported by the press.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a great final 12. The ratings at 14.5m on Sunday are the highest ever for this stage of the competition and are 2m up on last year.

I think the wildcard is a good twist but some of the choices are poor (if as speculated).
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    The only one I think stands a chance of a career is Matt Cardle, by comparision the rest are just there to make up the numbers. The over 28's bring down the quality of the final 12 and Cher and Katie.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I think they're awful this year, one of the worst yet. Certainly as bad as last year.

I find it mystifying that people think Matt has a career in the charts. :confused:
  • Options
    myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 had the most depth of talent I think, despite THE QUIGG lingering like a fart until the end. 4 was quite bad.

I didn't particularly like Eoghan that year but he was only 16 at the time and coped effortlessly in the competition week after week right up until the Final and even then took his eviction with fine dignity.

Cher, this year, is of comparable age, and we're not even into the lives yet, has crashed and burned, so regardless of the supposed talent Eoghan imo is a much better contestant than Cher. Unless that is you prefer car crash TV.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myoldmate wrote: »
    I didn't particularly like Eoghan that year but he was only 16 at the time and coped effortlessly in the competition week after week right up until the Final and even then took his eviction with fine dignity.

Cher, this year, is of comparable age, and we're not even into the lives yet, has crashed and burned, so regardless of the supposed talent Eoghan imo is a much better contestant than Cher. Unless that is you prefer car crash TV.

Lloyd also dealt with the pressure and being in the bottom 2 constantly very well. He also came in for a lot of stick about him not being able to sing and knocking out some more talented people. But he took it really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lloyd also dealt with the pressure and being in the bottom 2 constantly very well.

That's because he knew he shouldn't really have been in the finals in the first place!
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are all better than last year's bunch and overall the best I think in a long while.
  • Options
    myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all better than last year's bunch and overall the best I think in a long while.

Last year was dire (the right act won) but this year, although good, is still not up to the standard of '08, which imo will never be beaten.
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myoldmate wrote: »
    Last year was dire (the right act won) but this year although good still not up to the standard of '08, which imo will never be beaten.

I think they are better than 08's bunch. overall. perhaps there were some stronger contestants from 08's bunch, but we haven't yet heard this lot sing live.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this year's bunch are the best after XF5 but I still don't think we'll be able to beat XF5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I think they're awful this year, one of the worst yet. Certainly as bad as last year.

I find it mystifying that people think Matt has a career in the charts. :confused:

Do you live in Germany?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mazzamac2 wrote: »
    Do you live in Germany?

No I do not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    No I do not.

:D just wondered if there was a reason for your being out of touch with reality:D