Options

Electronic cigarettes- where to buy from online

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
Forum Member
Like the post says, wanting to give up the **** as costing a fortune and we all know the health implications.
I have been reading good things about these on different forums but am still a bit confused about where the best place to buy from is.
So i was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as too websites, that im not going to get ripped off on, also i see theres quite a few types of electronic cigarette, so any tips on any decent ones would be much appreciated many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I get mine from totally wicked e juice. I have the Titan 510. Since I got it 3 months ago I haven't smoked a single ****!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought mine from www.easycigarette.com, the guy on the help desk is great, really helpful, I think his name is Andy, and they have loads of the most bizarre flavours of the e-liquid, the nicest I've found is coffee.

They really helped me stop. I bought the Titan, but if you don't want a fancy box get the Joye510, it's exactly the same - just cheaper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Do they give you a nicotine rush like cigarettes? Forgive my ignorance but I am not a smoker but I am trying to get my mum to quit :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replys, and carmen from what ive read they do give a rush like cigarettes, you can buy the liquid or cartridges going down from 36mg to 0 mg nicotine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought mine from www.easycigarette.com, the guy on the help desk is great, really helpful, I think his name is Andy, and they have loads of the most bizarre flavours of the e-liquid, the nicest I've found is coffee.

They really helped me stop. I bought the Titan, but if you don't want a fancy box get the Joye510, it's exactly the same - just cheaper.

the joye 510 is not the same as the tornado, the tornado is the upgarded and newest version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they give you a nicotine rush like cigarettes? Forgive my ignorance but I am not a smoker but I am trying to get my mum to quit :o

You can buy different strenghts of nicotine, highest I have tried has been medium and I dont get the same feeling as I did with cigarettes. But I imagine the super high strength would.

The ability to smoke indoors and taste the different flavours more than compensates for that for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electronic cigarette company is where I get mine.
    Tried four different ecigs before this. Been using them for three years now. I buy the mini and buy blank cartridges and refill with the eliquid, it works out cheaper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like Red Bull flavour best :)
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got a leaflet from tesco today for desposible electric cigs.

http://www.10motives.com/order-now-e-cigarettes/disposable-electronic-cigarette.html?SID=q665ljqcaq1nikpj6ivsa7mup0

They're £6.99 for one that'll do 30 ****. Worth giving it a go before they invest. :cool:
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Totally Wicked as well. I have several Tornado's and they are brilliant. I haven't had a real cigarette for nearly 2 years now but more to the point, I haven't wanted one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes Carmen, they do. You get the same throat hit and you blow out water vapour which looks like smoke. It's the closest thing to smoking without actually lighting up.

I bought my mum one and she hasn't had a real one for over a year now and she smoked for 50 years! Basically, all a smoker wants is nicotine. This way, you get that but without all the carcinogens that are created when you set fire to tobacco. I've converted about 6 people so far and every one of them has quit easily.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk
    Take a look at their forum too, lots of really useful information there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got a leaflet from tesco today for desposible electric cigs.

http://www.10motives.com/order-now-e-cigarettes/disposable-electronic-cigarette.html?SID=q665ljqcaq1nikpj6ivsa7mup0

They're £6.99 for one that'll do 30 ****. Worth giving it a go before they invest. :cool:

My advice

If you want to get into ecigs avoid the cheapy ones, they are chinese made, taste awful and dont last very long.

They will put you off.

Spend a little more on a well known respected model like the tornado or the screwdriver, it will be a little expensive at the start but in the long run it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than smoking, and will also give you the best chance of quitting 'analogs'.

The word needs to get out about ecigs, they could and will save lives
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    I like Red Bull flavour best :)

LOL, I haven't tried that one?
  • Options
    ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have tried a couple of types & have not been over impressed so far - Can anyone recommend one that provides a decent amount of vapour?

The ones I have you can suck on for hours and they only provide a very small amount
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what do you current E-Smokers recommend for someone looking to give this E-Smoking lark a try?

After looking at that "totally wicked" website, it's a toss-up between 2, both with pros and cons.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/titan/titan-510-e-nic-compact-starter-kit-2-2-product.html
    Pros
    Reasonable price
    Comes with refilable cartridges
    USB charger
    Cons
    Stupid colours

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tecc-branded-goods/tecc-ecigarette-kits/electronic-cigarette-starter-kit-white-2-product.html
    Pros
    Reasonable price
    Looks like an actual cigarette
    Cons
    No refillable cartridges
    No USB charger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkeylord wrote: »
    So what do you current E-Smokers recommend for someone looking to give this E-Smoking lark a try?

After looking at that "totally wicked" website, it's a toss-up between 2, both with pros and cons.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/titan/titan-510-e-nic-compact-starter-kit-2-2-product.html
    Pros
    Reasonable price
    USB charger
    Cons
    Stupid colours

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tecc-branded-goods/tecc-ecigarette-kits/electronic-cigarette-starter-kit-white-2-product.html
    Pros
    Reasonable price
    Cons
    No refillable cartridges
    No USB charger

The Tornado is the best i've tried (and i've been through them all!). Currently the red one is discounted, maybe it's not a popular colour. So good value, and it lasts me a good 6 hours between charging.
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/tornado/wicked-tornado-e-nic-or-electronic-product.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Tornado is the best i've tried (and i've been through them all!). Currently the red one is discounted, maybe it's not a popular colour. So good value, and it lasts me a good 6 hours between charging.
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/tornado/wicked-tornado-e-nic-or-electronic-product.html

It's also out of stock, and £10 more than the kits. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

Thing is, cos I haven't tried anything like this before I obviously want to spend as little as possible - Don't really want to be spending out £50-£60 for the device and consumables only to find that I don't get on with it.

Another thing that comes to mind is running costs. Some of you say about how you've been using them for years... can you give some example of running costs?

Currently I've been smoking roll-ups for the past year or so as they're much cheaper than tailor made cigs. I spend on average £6 every 3 to 4 days on 2 boxes of tobacco (I buy the small boxes so it doesn't all dry out before I've got through it) and get packets of filters every few weeks from the local market (2 packs for a quid), so on average I spend around £13 a week (well, every 8 or 9 days or so, anyway).

Obviously initial set-up costs of going electronic is gonna be high in comparison to what I currently spend on tobacco, but any indication of on-going costs would help. I'd love to be saving money, but I'd be happy with not ending up spending more than I usually would.

I feel like a right pain in the arse, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is, cos I haven't tried anything like this before I obviously want to spend as little as possible

Biggest mistake you will make

Tornado starter pack = (roughly with postage) £30

Bottle of 30ml ejuice (approx 200 ****) = £15 - £20 max

Packet of 200 **** = £30

tar, cancer you can have for free
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pros
    Reasonable price
    USB charger
    Cons
    Stupid colours

Pros
    Reasonable price
    Cons
    No refillable cartridges
    No USB charger

you dont need cartridges

Buy a drip tip and a bottle of eliquid, this will allow you to drip 2-3 drips straight onto the atomiser and will last the equivalent of about 3 ****. Depending on how much of a smoker you are the bottle will last at least a week.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    How are these not better advertised or known about ...

Its not that im living under a rock or anythin but I just stumbled across this thread and you all seem to have pretty good things to say about them. It costs a little bit but surely the pros well outweigh the cons. I gave up smoking a few months ago (tho i do occasionally have 1 - like once a month) and I knew nothing of these !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    How are these not better advertised or known about ...

Its not that im living under a rock or anythin but I just stumbled across this thread and you all seem to have pretty good things to say about them. It costs a little bit but surely the pros well outweigh the cons. I gave up smoking a few months ago (tho i do occasionally have 1 - like once a month) and I knew nothing of these !!

The short answer and my opinion is that they are not endorsed and are kept quiet because the government cant currently tax them like they do cigarettes.

The FDA in America are I believe trying to get them banned, there are also measures being taken in the EU to have them regulated under tobacco regulations - even though they contain no tobacco whatsoever.

They are also relatively new, within a few years unless they are banned this industry will be huge imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's partly the old US story, if it's a foreign import squeeze or restrict it until domestic production develops. This is what the US Food & Drug Administration says it's concerned about:
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm225210.htm

However for now they can be imported:
    Judge OKs imports of e-cigarettes, blasts FDA
  • Options
    anfortisanfortis Posts: 459
    Forum Member

You only get one battery with this kit, and you really need 2 as a minimum (one on charge while the other is in use) - I normally cycle 3 batteries per cigarette. In addition, I am not too impressed with the standard 510 battery charge - they only last me ca. 90 mins. If you are going the 510 route, seriously consider the Mega battery option, or better still the Tornado if your budget will stretch (all in my opinion, of course, and I am a heavy vaper).

The Mini (also known as the 901) was my first e-cig, and still one of my favourites - Good value and a real workhorse. Liberty Flights' kit includes a USB charger if that's what you're looking for, and is cheaper than TW if you apply the 15% discount below (TW has a 7.5% discount code there too):

http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/discount%20codes.html

ETA: Sorry, just realised that your second link is to the Super Mini, not the 901. I've never personally used them, but they are known for poor battery life - consider the 901 instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anfortis wrote: »
    You only get one battery with this kit, and you really need 2 as a minimum (one on charge while the other is in use) - I normally cycle 3 batteries per cigarette. In addition, I am not too impressed with the standard 510 battery charge - they only last me ca. 90 mins. If you are going the 510 route, seriously consider the Mega battery option, or better still the Tornado if your budget will stretch (all in my opinion, of course, and I am a heavy vaper).

The Mini (also known as the 901) was my first e-cig, and still one of my favourites - Good value and a real workhorse. Liberty Flights' kit includes a USB charger if that's what you're looking for, and is cheaper than TW if you apply the 15% discount below (TW has a 7.5% discount code there too):

http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/discount%20codes.html

ETA: Sorry, just realised that your second link is to the Super Mini, not the 901. I've never personally used them, but they are known for poor battery life - consider the 901 instead.

Thanks for the info and links. I'm not a particularly heavy smoker myself. I'll have one every hour or so when i'm at work, and maybe one every 45mins or so when I'm at home (in the garden, which is less than ideal in this weather, lol).

I'll definitely look into that 901 kit you linked. The £39.99 version of the kit seems the best value for me... but like I said I'll have to look into it further. Just a shame that it looks nothing like a cigarette. You would have thought the manufacturers/designers of these things would realise that like it or not, having the thing look like a proper **** (moreso than just being the same shape) is pretty key (or is it just me?)