'The Sculptress' and 'The Ice House' on the 'Drama' Channel

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,047
Forum Member
I saw an advert for what's coming on 'Drama' in the summer and two dramas being shown are The Sculptress and The Ice House (both by Minette Walters) for anyone interested. I've never seen either of them and I've heard they're very good. Hopefully I'll remember by the time they finally air!

Comments

• ChoppyChoppy Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both very good - I saw them when they initially aired, then bought a boxed set of the 2 of them and The Scold's Bridle. Hope you remember to catch them!
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sculptress was amazing. Will watch it again
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw an advert for what's coming on 'Drama' in the summer and two dramas being shown are The Sculptress and The Ice House (both by Minette Walters) for anyone interested. I've never seen either of them and I've heard they're very good. Hopefully I'll remember by the time they finally air!
    Well spotted ILW ill look out for these. The Sculptress was repeated a while back on BBC4 I think and it was as gripping as the first time around. Pauline Quirke does sinister outsider very well (saw a bit of that again from her in Broadchurch). I know I saw The Ice House but can't remember the story now. Read a few Minette Walters due to these TV adaptations.
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pauline Quirke is really good in The Sculptress. Will re-watch when it's on
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ILoveMyDog wrote: »
    Pauline Quirke is really good in The Sculptress. Will re-watch when it's on

I think Pauline Quirke is very under-estimated as an actress.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Anybody watching The Sculptress now on Drama Channel (Freeview Ch 20)? Ep 2 on now!
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice ambiguous ending with The Sculptress.

Minette Walters early books are all very readable - some of her latter ones less so.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    Nice ambiguous ending with The Sculptress.

Minette Walters early books are all very readable - some of her latter ones less so.

I agree, she hasn't had a new book out in a while either
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand Pauline Quirk, but I did enjoy "The Ice House" a second time.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I think Pauline Quirke is very under-estimated as an actress.

I think she is a brilliant actress.

I watched The Sculptress again last night and was not disappointed.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,047
    Forum Member
    I recorded this last night, I've heard good things about it, especially about Pauline Quirke's performance. I really enjoyed The Ice House, but missed The Scold's Bridle as the tv signal kept breaking up>:(

The Dark Room is on next Saturday at 9pm.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching my recording. Think this is the best of the Minette Walters adaptations so far. PQ is excellent and such a chilling ending. Fortunately I recorded the next programme as my recording of The Ice House two weeks before cut off before the end. Same happened with this so was at least able to play what should have been the start of Lovejoy to get the missing minutes otherwise it would have been 4 hours of drama watching wasted! Not sure if it's my PVRs fault or the channels.

Don't remember The Dark Room but I'll record that - and the following programme - next week.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    Just finished watching my recording. Think this is the best of the Minette Walters adaptations so far. PQ is excellent and such a chilling ending. Fortunately I recorded the next programme as my recording of The Ice House two weeks before cut off before the end. Same happened with this so was at least able to play what should have been the start of Lovejoy to get the missing minutes otherwise it would have been 4 hours of drama watching wasted! Not sure if it's my PVRs fault or the channels.

Don't remember The Dark Room but I'll record that - and the following programme - next week.

Same thing happened me and I didn't get the end of the Sculptress..I could have cried:cry:>:(
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,047
    Forum Member
    Same thing happened me and I didn't get the end of the Sculptress..I could have cried:cry:>:(

I haven't watched my recording yet, hope I've got the end on mine!
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched my recording yet, hope I've got the end on mine!

Hope so too. xx;-)