Options

Just Good Friends BBC2 Every Week Day at 4.45pm

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
Forum Member
In the slot recently occupied by Hi-De-Hi, the next classic comedy to be repeated is Just Good Friends. This is one of John Sullivan's underrated sitcoms imo, some good writing and a great cast.

Comments

• Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the slot recently occupied by Hi-De-Hi, the next classic comedy to be repeated is Just Good Friends. This is one of John Sullivan's underrated sitcoms imo, some good writing and a great cast.

Love Just Good Friends have it all on DVD. Such a classic :)
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always liked Just Good Friends and had a bit of a crush on Jan Francis back in the day. Nice to have a bit of classy comedy too after the double entendre laden farce of Are You Being Served and Allo' Allo'.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    I bet they won't show the 1984 Christmas Special.
  • Options
    PubcrawlerPubcrawler Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I bet they won't show the 1984 Christmas Special.

Why who was on it? JS, GG, JK, DLT, RH......................
    Great lines read by Vince :)
  • Options
    ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know there's a music copyright issue with a Rolling Stones song used in a scene at the beginning of the special, but they did bring out a version on DVD. As I have an original copy I haven't seen it, so I don't know what exactly they do to get around this,
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClareB wrote: »
    I know there's a music copyright issue with a Rolling Stones song used in a scene at the beginning of the special, but they did bring out a version on DVD. As I have an original copy I haven't seen it, so I don't know what exactly they do to get around this,

They did with the complete series they used sub-titles through out the scenes with the copyright issues.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is good to see it again, but don't get too used to it as due to snooker it will not be on for a couple of weeks after today's episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is good to see it again, but don't get too used to it as due to snooker it will not be on for a couple of weeks after today's episode.

I noticed that and I'm hoping the rest of it gets shown when the snooker has finished. But knowing the BBC and the recent Hi-De-Hi fiasco they'll probably just leave us dangling at the first five episodes of series one :D Or maybe the next episode back after the snooker will be the Paris one from the final series :D
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that and I'm hoping the rest of it gets shown when the snooker has finished. But knowing the BBC and the recent Hi-De-Hi fiasco they'll probably just leave us dangling at the first five episodes of series one :D Or maybe the next episode back after the snooker will be the Paris one from the final series :D

:D I would not be at all surprised if you're right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The reason it's not on tomorrow is a Bahrain GP practice session!
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourites, loved everyone in it especially Vince and his Mum.