Are we all foolishly buying into the hype on bblb??

chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
Forum Member
I dont understand bookies odds but hubby tells me there is noone to touch Pete. Endemol have promoted Grim as the challenger to make it a two horse race. Last year if i remember rightly, it was quite close re the betting right up to kick off with Eugene and Ant, but Ant still won with nowhere near the gap like the one between Grim and Pete. BBlb are doing a grand job and they will reep the rewards come final night.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe last year Anthony won, at least in part, because Eugene had already bagged half the prize money for himself.

Yes you are correct that Endemol are trying to keep the show interesting by promoting a contender to the current firm favourite.

Save for any major upsets, then Pete is still favourite to win. However some people think Aisleyne is a strong contender too based some of the posts in this forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Glyn will win, im not happy about that, but Glyn will win.

Its not sour grapes but its just total biaseness towards Glyn right now.

I don't hate the guy hes a decent enough guy but surely anybody can see he hasn't got that quality to make him a winner.

After watching BBLB today i won't watch another one, enoughs enough on Glyn really.
  • ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete or Glyn will win.. there can be no doubt of it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Stopped watching it 3 weeks and it's absolute twaddle.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone takes BBLB seriously.
  • rachelb65rachelb65 Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's my theory ;)

Pete is the chosen one, we all know Pete will win. They can't be seen to be backing Pete the chosen one so they back Glyn. So when Pete does win they at least can say "they thought Glyn was popular we backed him to win but it just shows the public decide not us"

Glyn will be seen in a bad light soon enough by BB ;) This week more than likely, they have started already over the w*nking business. The intelligent HM thing will make it look as if he had us and the HMs all fooled. The getting BB to pull his finger and fart will make out to be an obnoxious lout.
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBLB spoke about Sherrif Stu non-stop during BB5 and he never even made it to the final night.

People like who they like, BBLB wont affect people's voting.
  • SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand bookies odds but hubby tells me there is noone to touch Pete. Endemol have promoted Grim as the challenger to make it a two horse race. Last year if i remember rightly, it was quite close re the betting right up to kick off with Eugene and Ant, but Ant still won with nowhere near the gap like the one between Grim and Pete. BBlb are doing a grand job and they will reep the rewards come final night.

I don't buy into hype. And I don't watch BBLB, unless a favourite housemate of mine is on there, as I can't stand Dermot or BBLB. I choose who I want to support on what I see for myself, not follow a crowd. Whether they be a favourite or not :) I haven't picked a winner since BB1 now, but all my favourites apart from last years have made the final week :)
  • SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    centrino04 wrote:
    BBLB spoke about Sherrif Stu non-stop during BB5 and he never even made it to the final night.

People like who they like, BBLB wont affect people's voting.

Didn't he have posters of Stuart up and go looking for support at a supermarket for Stuart at the time :eek: :D

His promotion of Cameron worked, remember the armbands :eek: :D but that was more down to all those nomination free weeks.
  • gizmoBBgizmoBB Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided today not to watch BBLB and from reading about it here am rather glad I didn't.
    Not going to be watching the 'lowlight' show tonight either. Its a shame as ive always made an effort to watch every BB.
    I just dont like any of the people left and nohings happening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't listen to it - I extract the entertaining bits and move on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well if glyn wins, we should be proud. we have one of the most entertaining big brothers in the world, the australians love it and watch clips of ours whenever they can and we produce winners like anthony and glyn! how good, NOT!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete is going to win by a mile. He will get 45-50% of the vote. Glyn will get 20% maximum.

BBLB have been trying all year to make Glyn a contender, and yet the polls all still show Pete with enormous leads over everyone. The BBOnline poll which is one of the more reliable ones for summing up current sentiment has Pete on 51%, Glyn on 17%, Aisleyne on 10%, and Richard on 9%. Although Glyn has gained some support in the past few days (since Endemol are pretty much turning BB into the dull Glyn show), that support is coming from other housemates, not from Pete.

Glyn stands next to zero chance of catching Pete, thank god!!
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Susann wrote:
    Didn't he have posters of Stuart up and go looking for support at a supermarket for Stuart at the time :eek: :D

I don't remember that but I do remember Dermot asking practically every female guest if they fancied Stu.

Most of them didn't :D