How to Wrap a Cat for Christmas

Comments

• Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well some people rip out cats claws for a living and think that is fine...

don't they? :D

Who does?
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    furry_face wrote: »
    Oohh! So many defensive replies!
    Methinks maybe these posters are of the opinion that the animals' mental well being is irrelevant when it comes down to the amusement of humans....

I think it's more likely that some people know cats a lot better than others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Methinks maybe these posters are of the opinion that the animals' mental well being is irrelevant when it comes down to the amusement of humans....

Mental well being of a cat is destroyed by it sitting there while owner wraps it up?.

The only way the well being of the cat could be damaged would be if it hated the colour of the wrapping paper.

Other than that HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Who does?

Some defend it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love cats and if the cat was being ill-treated I would be the first to say so! The cat wasn't bothered at all by it and you could tell the owner loved his cat. What a gorgeous cat! I want it for Christmas!! :D
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, I have four cats of my own and I know that any one of them would just lie there and be wrapped up, a couple of them would probably wrap themselves up. More to the point though, if they didn't like it then they'd just get up and walk off.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you get a grip and tell me that it's ok to use an animal to make a so-called amusing video. Are you really blind to the cats facial expressions? Not exactly looking content.....
    I have three cats- none of them would calmly sit and let me wrap them. I reckon the cat was enjoying it just as some cats enjoy water :p
    There is NO way that a cat would simply sit there like that. He has OBVIOUSLY been drugged in some way.

A definite possibility :D

Best comment on the DM site is: "The post office wont let you send cats unless they are wrapped correctly, post-persons certainly wont deliver letters to houses with fierce kitties." :eek::D
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, you are correct. My 22 year old feline says you are her new hero. Well done, now be off with you...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    regardless of how it was wrapped up... if anybody gave me a bloody cat for xmas... I wouldn't be very happy with them at all!
  • rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, it's just obvious the cat doesn't mind. It wasn't being held down, it wasn't wagging its tail, it didn't try walking off, it didn't look agitated or upset.

I have seen plenty of videos where I think the owner is exploiting the pet, but just because it's an amusing video doesn't mean that it is upsetting the animal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Who does?

Stupid people who do it for their equally vain and stupid customers.

Then again, there are those who defend the practise too.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well some people rip out cats claws for a living and think that is fine...

don't they? :D

OMG- the whole de-clawing thing is disgusting and despicable :eek: :mad:

If you want to Troll a cat site in the US (where this does happen sadly) just post that there :(:cry: :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have two cats and I know a distressed cat when I see one. That cat was perfectly happy. Some people really do need to chill out... I sometimes think people get outraged for outrage's sake.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MY god! :mad:

How can anyone find amusement in this is beyond me. Simply SICK, a lot of people should be ASHAMED of themselves.

I have reported the clip to youtube, hopefully it will be pulled.

There is NO way that a cat would simply sit there like that. He has OBVIOUSLY been drugged in some way.

For someone who claims to work for a cat shelter you don't seem to know much about cats. Or is your 'job' just as made up as some of your stories?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    I have one cat (four in total) who would let me do that, he's so placid it's unbelievable. Cats have different personalities, some are highly strung, others wouldn't particularly care if a building was falling down around them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Mmm ok, for the record, I have four cats and would not dream of even attempting to wrap them up in xmas paper with cellotape and then film the results for the amusement of others.
    I prefer to treat them as animals with respect, care and attention without resorting to demeaning stunts such as the one in question to belittle them and try to justify the way a lot of animals are exploited for laughs (ha ha).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MY god! :mad:

How can anyone find amusement in this is beyond me. Simply SICK, a lot of people should be ASHAMED of themselves.

I have reported the clip to youtube, hopefully it will be pulled.

Please do not be so stupid. Cats, like other animals, can love and trust their owners. Nothing that was being done to the cat in that video would have made him love his owners less.

It was a silly CAT GAME, cat probably loved it!
    To suggest this animal was drugged is insane!
    Forum Member
    Mmm ok, for the record, I have four cats and would not dream of even attempting to wrap them up in xmas paper with cellotape and then film the results for the amusement of others.
    I prefer to treat them as animals with respect, care and attention without resorting to demeaning stunts such as the one in question to belittle them and try to justify the way a lot of animals are exploited for laughs (ha ha).

It's not belittling the cat at all. FGS!
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    I have three cats- none of them would calmly sit and let me wrap them. I reckon the cat was enjoying it just as some cats enjoy water :p

One of mine will stand inside the cubicle when one of us takes a shower - the other will sit outside and try and catch the drops of water!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    It's not belittling the cat at all. FGS!

OK, Jane. In what way is it not belittling the cat? Bear in mind that acquiescence does not equal contentment....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, funny! Not :mad:
    Yet another example of an animal being abused for our amusement. Ask yourself this: does the cat look like it's amenable to it's forced circumstances? Ermm, no.

If the cat didn't like it he.she would've struggled and run off. The owner was just playing about in a way with the cat not hurting him/her.

My oldest cat is very relaxed and would easily let me do that. My youngest would've ripped the paper to shreds.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat won't tolerate ANYTHING that is vaguely outside my daily remit of feeding, gentle head stroking and the occasional stomach rub at a time of her choosing. Anything else is rewarded with glaring, hissing and then full out attack. My parents' cat though will let you do absolutely anything to her. She doesn't care, she'll sit there happily while you examine her teeth, put her eye drops in, clip her claws, comb her belly, put her in comedy hats... so long as you don't remove her from my dad's prescence, she's happy. I might try and wrap her up for him on Christmas morning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    That cat is probably male as male cats tend to be more docile. My daughter's cats could be dressed up in baby clothes and pushed around the house in a pram.

The cat was fine.

Lordy! You just reminded me. When I was little and I learned to knit, I made "cat coats" for our cats. (They looked a bit like a square saddle with a strap underneath and one at the front that fastened with fetching buttons) ...and they wore them round the house, not seeming to mind all the holes and dropped stitches.. LOL!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Jane - you're probably right, it's my male cat that is the placid one. Often when i pick him up he'll climb up over my shoulders and deposit himself as if he's a shrug with his front and back legs dangling either side of my neck. The females would never, ever let me do that (to clarify: not that i would).

They will wrap themselves up in wrapping paper though if i leave it lying around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer to treat them as animals with respect, care and attention without resorting to demeaning stunts such as the one in question to belittle them and try to justify the way a lot of animals are exploited for laughs (ha ha).[/QUO

I only have 1 cat now. She is 22, and is the best cat who has ever lived. When she was younger she would have been right up for this 'cat- wrapping game', maybe not so much noe, but hey, she's 110 in human years!

I'm sorry, but I think Maisie (my cat) is cleverer than you. She has the sense to know when something is a joke. She can also compel me me to feed her tuna or chicken anytime she feels like it!