PS3 Twisted Metal - UK Release

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
Forum Member
✭✭
I've seen footage of the new game for this long running game franchise, and it looks absolutely fantastic. I've been a fan of the game ever since the PS1 days. An IGN article recently stated that the game was getting delayed until early 2012.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1186386p1.html

Yet despite this, other sites including game.co.uk, allows you to pre-order the game for when it supposedly get's released on 07/10/2011 :D

So what would happen if anybody was to pre-order the game?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably be notified that the game has been delayed before 07/10/2011.

I am glad to hear it has been delayed as Dark Souls, Skyrim, Uncharted and Battlefield will keep me company until 2012, maybe even 2013.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a local co-op in this. The best times were my sis and I tearing through the other cars and if it's online only it'll be off my list of games to get.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a local co-op in this. The best times were my sis and I tearing through the other cars and if it's online only it'll be off my list of games to get.

It will have a 16 players online co-op, so I'm sure TM fans will be over the moon. And thanks shoozle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morton100 wrote: »
    It will have a 16 players online co-op, so I'm sure TM fans will be over the moon. And thanks shoozle.

But I don't play online:o
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TSA are reporting a 14 February release date in the US - so hopefully we will get this around the same time.
    Looks like a fun game - I agree with Mr Iguana - it would be great to see local co-op included. Many fond memories of playing this split screen on the PS2

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/08/25/twisted-metal-release-date-announced/
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    But I don't play online:o

It might have split screen. They don't always advertise that ahead of time as it isn't used much any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TSA are now reporting that there will be a mulitplayer only demo for this in next weeks update. Only confirmed for the US at the moment but hopefully will hit the EU too.
    Will definitely be giving this one a go...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like this is the longest wait for a game ever. Sadly, though, I still won't get it without local co-op.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the demo(beta) supposed to work online or just offline ??
    I've never managed to connect to a game yet.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The game has been delayed in Europe so they can cut stuff out!! The games creator spoke out in Public how the release in the EU had to be delayed so they can edit in game content to be less "Violent" stating things had to be cut or edited such as a cutscene showing someone getting stabbed in the eyes with a pair of scissors and game play changes such as players now launching a corpse with a bomb strapped on it as a special weapon instead of a tied up screaming man. This was ordered by SCEE.

So if you guys want the full uncut version, you best order from the US and you'll get your copy before it's even out over here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    The game has been delayed in Europe so they can cut stuff out!! The games creator spoke out in Public how the release in the EU had to be delayed so they can edit in game content to be less "Violent" stating things had to be cut or edited such as a cutscene showing someone getting stabbed in the eyes with a pair of scissors and game play changes such as players now launching a corpse with a bomb strapped on it as a special weapon instead of a tied up screaming man. This was ordered by SCEE.

So if you guys want the full uncut version, you best order from the US and you'll get your copy before it's even out over here!

Import job for me then. Whats the best site for US PS3 games?

EDIT: Just looked on play-asia its £35 region free
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like this is the longest wait for a game ever. Sadly, though, I still won't get it without local co-op.

Just been through the training mode on the demo. controls felt good, similar to the old games (a good thing in my eyes.)

The promo blurbs after the training mentioned 2 and 4 player split screen.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is online supposed to work or not on the demo ???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    From what I have read just import the US version
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Is online supposed to work or not on the demo ???

Its meant to work. i havent been able to get a game though. matchmaking errors or something.
    shame, was looking forward to giving it a go