Tulisa Investigated by Ofcom

PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Oh dear, what is she up to now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15825920

The more I see and hear of that woman the more I dislike.

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous.

The only people promoting the perfume here is Ofcom.
  • bouncer11bouncer11 Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, what is she up to now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15825920

The more I see and hear of that woman the more I dislike.

There was a thread about this yesterday.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt she's going out her way to plug her perfume. The Female Boss is just her street-name, which is what she's "promoting", and it also happens to be her perfume's name.

I'm willing to bet that if she didn't have a perfume, she'd still do the same arm-gesture thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silly, silly OfCom! I really thought it was her 'wave', like Simon's salute and had no idea it could have any other purpose. It's their stupidity that has brought this to the fore, and I'm sure Tulisa is savvy enough to know the Ad rules.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Silly, silly OfCom! I really thought it was her 'wave', like Simon's salute and had no idea it could have any other purpose. It's their stupidity that has brought this to the fore, and I'm sure Tulisa is savvy enough to know the Ad rules.

I don't know she didn't know the very popular Aretha Franklin song Think and she is a judge on a pop reality show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know she didn't know the very popular Aretha Franklin song Think and she is a judge on a pop reality show.

True, but she should have at least read her contract clauses and understood them before she signed for all that money!
  • jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems really stupid to suggest anyone would notice a tattoo on her arm-I know I haven't???
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She probably reported herself to OFCOM for the publicity.... I've got a nice big telly but I could never read her tatt'. I just assumed it was yer average tramp-stamp "spiritual" shite.... "I am an idiot" written in some old script.
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bouncer11 wrote: »
    There was a thread about this yesterday.

Sorry - I did have a look but obviously not far enough. Quick moving forum this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boselecta wrote: »
    She probably reported herself to OFCOM for the publicity.... I've got a nice big telly but I could never read her tatt'. I just assumed it was yer average tramp-stamp "spiritual" shite.... "I am an idiot" written in some old script.

http://www.badreputation.org.uk/2011/08/22/holiday-notes-the-tramp-stamp/

Off topic, I know, but don't care for the term :)
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Ridiculous.

The only people promoting the perfume here is Ofcom.

The BBC advertises all the time (yet no one complains )here is a short list
    top of the pops promoteing a band or singers new song.
    East enders you see tins of heinz bakebeans and kellogs corn flakes.
    Casualty the NHS and private hospitals drinks like coca cola.
    even advertiseing the other sides progams andthe news programs i saw thomas cooks and holidays programs advertised
    The list is endless does not OFCOM have anything else to do? maybe we should cut OFCOMs money (they are a quango) A organisation we could do without . sack them for wasteing the publics time and money
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That stuff smells like cats pee after a few days on your clothes!
  • XadXad Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty amazing that there are people who are so sad and have nothing better to do than complain to Ofcom about a silly thing like that, especially when you compare it to all the other things that appear on TV.

What would they like Ofcom to do? Force Tulisa to laser off her tattoo? Wear long sleeves? Cut her arm off? How the heck would the majority of viewers know that her arm is related to her perfume anyway, you can't even read what it says on her arm unless you freeze frame and zoom in.

Ofcom should only respond to complaints if they receive at least several hundred complaints, i've read news stories in the past where Ofcom were investigating things because 3 or 4 people complained. Such few people should not be able to dictate what appears on TV.