Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't make light of anyone dying of cancer, (having lost my own father to it last year), but did it turn into TV gold for the programme makers? To have someone, on TV, be diagnosed and go through the first stages, at least, with the prerequisite family suffering probably had the cynical producers jumping for joy.
    Peter lost his brother. That is sad. I would have more respect for him if he'd shown some concern for, or consideration of, Andrews family back in Oz. I haven't heard him mention once, or make reference to his wife (and i suppose, children). Also, why wasn't he repatriated back home. PA can visit his grave and blub for the cameras, but what about his wife? How can she visit her deceased husband?
    But it's all about HIS suffering. I watch out of sufference with the 'other half' who is a secret PA fan, but cringe at the quite frankly juvenile banality of his life style. He's a 40 year old man FFS, but has someone style his hair and needs 'permission' to make big spends. And as for being late for his own birthday! What sort of example does he set for his kids, who seem to accept it as normal.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Me neither. And the evidence is there on screen. Is it because he's that lacking in self-awareness that he thinks this is what he needs to do to appeal to people?

Whatever, nothing can excuse it, no blaming his management or the tv company. He makes the choice to be seen in this light.

They are filming him and his actions so he can't blame anyone for what they film..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a chance in hell Fizgig ...anything he is on I avoid .. I do post a lot about him..he does a lot to post about....

I always think one day I am going to watch his shows, just to see what it is actually like. Then I realise I would like to keep my sanity intact, so I quickly find something else to do.
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree what is wrong with showing grief [everybody goes through it at one time or more in their life] To me telling someone how to grieve is way more out of line.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me. I prefer to lurk but have to say I agree with a lot of Lexi, DD and Betty's posts. Does this mean I'm a member of the "abomination gang"? :):p

well lets hope we both are livingdeadgirl :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance in hell Fizgig ...anything he is on I avoid .. I do post a lot about him..he does a lot to post about....

That's just it, he doesn't. And if he did, most people on here wouldn't know because they don't watch his show.;)
    There's not much to go on in the reviewage, and it's not there from your own perspective, but someone elses.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    That's just it, he doesn't. And if he did, most people on here wouldn't know because they don't watch his show.;)
    There's not much to go on in the reviewage, and it's not there from your own perspective, but someone elses.

That is your opinion and many others disagree. The topic is Pa, not the posting habits of other FM's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is your opinion and many others disagree. The topic is Pa, not the posting habits of other FM's.

Then alert it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a chance in hell Fizgig ...anything he is on I avoid .. I do post a lot about him..he does a lot to post about....[/QUOTE]

You could be right about him not doing much... Maybe that's why his veiwing figures are dropping each week..because he is becoming boring and predictable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then alert it.

Why? I'm not here to get people banned or threads shut. As a poster on a forum you have to accept that not everyone shares your point of view. When you are on topic, you post interesting ideas and points. It would be a shame to see you go just because you do not understand why not everyone loves pa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You could be right about him not doing much... Maybe that's why his veiwing figures are dropping each week..because he is becoming boring and predictable

Maybe. But he seems to hold people's interest regardless. I don't know why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? I'm not here to get people banned or threads shut. As a poster on a forum you have to accept that not everyone shares your point of view. When you are on topic, you post interesting ideas and points. It would be a shame to see you go just because you do not understand why not everyone loves pa.

Betty can take a joke. Why would I be going anywhere when I haven't abused a poster? I've never had so much as a warning, so don't you worry about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe. But he seems to hold people's interest regardless. I don't know why.

For me ..I can't believe people are taken in by his facade of mr nice.. And I'm waiting for it to all go t#ts up ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then alert it.

I can indeed take a joke Fizgig..but you didn't reply this to me ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me ..I can't believe people are taken in by his facade of mr nice.. And I'm waiting for it to all go t#ts up ..

I don't think it will. But I think the reality show should end, for his sake after this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

artlesschaos was having a go at me for my comment about you watching PA's show over your ipad I think. Said your posting habits shouldn't be commented upon.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your instructions were to sit on your hands.;)
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His new girlfriend is very good looking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

I am not sure it is a facade - people do seem to like him, in fact, I can't remember ever reading or hearing anything negative about him as a person.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I am not sure it is a facade - people do seem to like him, in fact, I can't remember ever reading or hearing anything negative about him as a person.

except on this thread :D
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it is a facade. But that is just my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:o:o:o sorry ... *must try harder ...must try harder ...must try harder**
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is nice because he knows the cost of being "not nice". I am not saying he is bad to the bone, but he is someone who learned a hard lesson the first time round.

I do not think a nice person would behave the way that pa does towards everyone around him. He really believes that he is the most important person in any room he is in.

And privacy should be valued. Privacy is not the same as secretive, or hiding. It is very close to dignity, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is nice because he knows the cost of being "not nice". I am not saying he is bad to the bone, but he is someone who learned a hard lesson the first time round.

I do not think a nice person would behave the way that pa does towards everyone around him. He really believes that he is the most important person in any room he is in.

And privacy should be valued. Privacy is not the same as secretive, or hiding. It is very close to dignity, though.

Apart from KP, who has he been unkind to?
This discussion has been closed.