Three Up, Two Down repeats starting on Drama 1st June

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
Forum Member
BBC2 recently repeated this and now Drama will start re-runs next Monday at 1.30pm and again at 6pm.

You wait years for this to be repeated and it's shown twice within the space of a few months! Anyone who missed the recent repeats on BBC2 might be interested in seeing this comedy again :)

Comments

• Peter_GazzardPeter_Gazzard Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great series but as its only just been repeated, Drama could have gone for Sorry! or Don't Wait Up
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id love to see Sorry again, 'language Timothy!' :D, watched Three Up Two Down on its BBC2 run, great series, as said.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great series but as its only just been repeated, Drama could have gone for Sorry! or Don't Wait Up

It does seem to get a bit like buses, wait for one and then three turn up together.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member

Maybe it's because Sorry! is being repeated on GOLD, that's why Drama aren't showing it yet. BBC2 should show Sorry! though as not everyone has GOLD. Don't Wait Up is a good idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually have Sorry! on DVD but I never tire of it.
    Forum Member
    I actually have Sorry! on DVD but I never tire of it.

I haven't got that on dvd yet, but it's on my list :)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's because Sorry! is being repeated on GOLD, that's why Drama aren't showing it yet. BBC2 should show Sorry! though as not everyone has GOLD. Don't Wait Up is a good idea.

Another vote here for a repeat of 'Don't Wait Up' .... been a while since I have seen that.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Wish 'A Fine Romance' would be shown again...great series with Judi Dench and Michael Williams...
    Forum Member
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Wish 'A Fine Romance' would be shown again...great series with Judi Dench and Michael Williams...

So do I! I've been looking for the DVDs recently and they seem quite reasonably priced. ITV3 should show it again, they've had Second Thoughts, Faith in the Future, Fresh Fields and On the Buses quite a few times so it would be nice to see AFR again. Has it ever even been repeated?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV3 could also show Oh No It's Selwyn Froggitt,,Keep It In The Family,That's My Boy and In Loving Memory,while Drama could show I Didn't Know You Cared and Rosie,two shows I've never seen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do I! I've been looking for the DVDs recently and they seem quite reasonably priced. ITV3 should show it again, they've had Second Thoughts, Faith in the Future, Fresh Fields and On the Buses quite a few times so it would be nice to see AFR again. Has it ever even been repeated?

on Gold possiibly
  • MissCharleyPMissCharleyP Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the old sitcoms! Wish Drama would show '2.4 Children' again. It was about 18 months since it was last on and is one of the few BBC sitcoms not available on DVD. Very rare it's on GOLD now either. I'd also like a showing of 'Me & My Girl' as I'm a big Richard O'Sullivan fan and have never seen this repeated or on DVD.
    Forum Member
    Love the old sitcoms! Wish Drama would show '2.4 Children' again. It was about 18 months since it was last on and is one of the few BBC sitcoms not available on DVD. Very rare it's on GOLD now either. I'd also like a showing of 'Me & My Girl' as I'm a big Richard O'Sullivan fan and have never seen this repeated or on DVD.

Series 1-3 of 2.4 Children are on Amazon :)

Me & My Girl is another one I remember from my childhood! Would love to see it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITV3 could also show Oh No It's Selwyn Froggitt,,Keep It In The Family,That's My Boy and In Loving Memory,while Drama could show I Didn't Know You Cared and Rosie,two shows I've never seen

'That's My Boy' .... that's a blast from the past. Love Mollie Sugden. Wish someone would repeat that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'That's My Boy' .... that's a blast from the past. Love Mollie Sugden. Wish someone would repeat that.

its on DVD if you can't wait
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member

Not that I know of but then I do tend to miss the repeats. I only found out about
    'Three Up Two Down' from this forum.

Hopefully if it is ever on again someone will post on here..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    its on DVD if you can't wait

So it is. :) I never even thought to look if it has been released.

Knowing my luck I'll buy them all and then they will be repeated on TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 1-3 of 2.4 Children are on Amazon :)

Me & My Girl is another one I remember from my childhood! Would love to see it again.

Thanks! Just had a look and its a bit pricey! Really wish they'd realease the lot, I understand its just one scene that's causing a problem so surely they could just delete that?!
    Forum Member
    Thanks! Just had a look and its a bit pricey! Really wish they'd realease the lot, I understand its just one scene that's causing a problem so surely they could just delete that?!

I didn't know that, what scene is causing the problem? It's a shame they won't release series four onwards though, but it's the same with TUTD, only series one and two are available :(
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As others have said it's only just finished a full run of all the episodes on BBC2, ad free, so I can't why anybody would want to watch it again so soon. It's not even that good, it's OK but I wouldn't call it a comedy classic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that, what scene is causing the problem? It's a shame they won't release series four onwards though, but it's the same with TUTD, only series one and two are available :(

As I understand it, its from one of the later series and its the scene when they get the Thunderbird 1 replica car. Apparently the money required for the clearance to have this on DVD is too high to justify, similar I suppose to the nightclub scene in 'The Jolly Boys Outing' episode of 'Only Fools and horses ', though they just cut that scene for DVD release. I can't believe its not popular enough for a full release - I've seen loads of comments and even a petition on other sites. In its day I recall it got good viewing figures, must have been equal to other sitcoms of the same era and they're all now available!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    As others have said it's only just finished a full run of all the episodes on BBC2, ad free, so I can't why anybody would want to watch it again so soon. It's not even that good, it's OK but I wouldn't call it a comedy classic.

wasn't quite a full run,one episode wasn't shown, thought to be too racy for showing in the afternoon
    Forum Member
    wasn't quite a full run,one episode wasn't shown, thought to be too racy for showing in the afternoon

Which one was that?
    Forum Member
    As I understand it, its from one of the later series and its the scene when they get the Thunderbird 1 replica car. Apparently the money required for the clearance to have this on DVD is too high to justify, similar I suppose to the nightclub scene in 'The Jolly Boys Outing' episode of 'Only Fools and horses ', though they just cut that scene for DVD release. I can't believe its not popular enough for a full release - I've seen loads of comments and even a petition on other sites. In its day I recall it got good viewing figures, must have been equal to other sitcoms of the same era and they're all now available!

It's a shame, there must be something they can do. This was a popular sitcom at the time certainly, I remember watching it and I think you're right about the good viewing figures. I remember repeats of it on Gold and Drama in recent years and there was a good reaction to them. Hopefully the remaining series will be released at some point. When you see some of the cr@p that gets released it makes you want to go >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame, there must be something they can do. This was a popular sitcom at the time certainly, I remember watching it and I think you're right about the good viewing figures. I remember repeats of it on Gold and Drama in recent years and there was a good reaction to them. Hopefully the remaining series will be released at some point. When you see some of the cr@p that gets released it makes you want to go >:(

We can but hope....!