How to get away with Murder - US Pace Thread

Comments

• TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I knew Annalise was going to know he was dead and they killed him but it was still an oh my god moment her sat there when Wes came back
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wes was too in contrrol of everything re disposal of the body, it made sense Annalise gave him the plan.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Rebecca was setting Sam up, but she kept saying she was friends with Lila so I don't understand why she would kill her.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only person who detests Rebecca? She is the weak link for me, I wouldn't mind seeing her get sent down.

I also found Sam's murder unjustified - hopefully there is some justice even if he is a cheating bugger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a question, I think I missed something.

They set fire to the body and so what were they dumping in the bins that the truck took away? It looked like body parts but I missed the bit where all the bags came from.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »

They set fire to the body and so what were they dumping in the bins that the truck took away? It looked like body parts but I missed the bit where all the bags came from.

Probably bought the bags at the same time they bought the fuel for the fire from that shop they stopped at.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Wooow what an episode. I did sort of predict how it would go down too, which surprised me but not as much as that ending :o:o:o

Surely Sam is too obvious now as Lila's murderer. I don't think it's Rebecca either (though I do think there may have been some jealousy on her part over Mr Darcy).

I can't remember if we saw them burn the body or not but I definitely think they were dumping the remains in the bins. Connor said something about there goes his fibula, implying that they were chopping him up in the woods??

I also think that this is where the plan will start to fall apart. I think it's obvious that Annalise gave Wes instructions on what to do and he wanted to incinerate the body, so I'm assuming she told him this was the best method. But everyone else outvoted him, so I am fully expecting there to be some sort of repercussion of not following what Annalise said to do. Someone will probably find a hand at the dump or something.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only question I have. Obviously they'll get caught. But what happens to the show then?

Maybe Annalise represents them and wins. So we can have a second series. Or we get a whole new class for season two. But I'm not sure how even Annalise can get out of this scott free. Given that we now know that she's in on it too.

I just don't see how they can have a second series of a show like this without it going the same way as heroes and just being terrible.

What does everyone think will happen? Entirely new class? This cast somehow saved. Annalise sailing out of court with a win. Or do you think they'll stretch it out and have them not get 'caught' until the last episode and having next series be the fall out and court cases etc?
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Only question I have. Obviously they'll get caught. But what happens to the show then?

Maybe Annalise represents them and wins. So we can have a second series. Or we get a whole new class for season two. But I'm not sure how even Annalise can get out of this scott free. Given that we now know that she's in on it too.

I just don't see how they can have a second series of a show like this without it going the same way as heroes and just being terrible.

What does everyone think will happen? Entirely new class? This cast somehow saved. Annalise sailing out of court with a win. Or do you think they'll stretch it out and have them not get 'caught' until the last episode and having next series be the fall out and court cases etc?

I personally love this cast and would be disappointed if they went down the new cast each season route.

I think that
    Rebecca is guilty of the Lila murder and probably gets off with it. Then I guess on the finale Wes / Annalise discover she is truly responsible. Leading to Wes choosing to either go side with Rebecca / Annalise and he will pick Annalise. Rebecca somehow takes the blame for the Sam killing??? :confused:

edit

OR
    As you said for the Finale. Annalise + Co. get found not guilty etc and escape justice. Then I think we see flashbacks of Rebecca killing Lila. Goading Sam minutes before he tried to strangle her. Then as the season ends the OMG WTF moment is the fact Rebecca is the true one who Got away with murder. Leading it into Season 2. I am so convinced Rebecca is guilty lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wes was too in contrrol of everything re disposal of the body, it made sense Annalise gave him the plan.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Rebecca was setting Sam up, but she kept saying she was friends with Lila so I don't understand why she would kill her.
    I don't know Rebecca's motives but I am convinced she did something. Either she strangled Lila with some gloves / manipulated Griffin like she did with Wes. I remember we had a scene on one of the episodes where Rebecca was checking her hand size to the Lila picture of her neck marks and cause she was wearing gloves I imagine she knew it would clear her as it accounts for the difference in size. I think she wanted the Sam evidence to pin it on him so he gets found guilty for the murder. Sam did not want the text etc being shown cause he maybe felt he would have no chance of defending himself.
    I found Rebecca very calm after the murder. She bought Wes Baggles and Coffee afterwards. LOL who does that. So unless its poor character writing I think she was calm cause she did it before.
    We had the autopsy scene mixed with the sex scene. Which I implied as she killed Lila.
    We shall see. I do think if this is the case though Wes will be her downfall
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I personally love this cast and would be disappointed if they went down the new cast each season route.

I think that
    Rebecca is guilty of the Lila murder and probably gets off with it. Then I guess on the finale Wes / Annalise discover she is truly responsible. Leading to Wes choosing to either go side with Rebecca / Annalise and he will pick Annalise. Rebecca somehow takes the blame for the Sam killing??? :confused:

edit

OR
    As you said for the Finale. Annalise + Co. get found not guilty etc and escape justice. Then I think we see flashbacks of Rebecca killing Lila. Goading Sam minutes before he tried to strangle her. Then as the season ends the OMG WTF moment is the fact Rebecca is the true one who Got away with murder. Leading it into Season 2. I am so convinced Rebecca is guilty lol

I'd be sad to see the cast go too. So am hoping they don't do the new class route. But am not sure if the series has any longevity that way. New class, new stories etc. this class is in its last year. They're not all going to get jobs with Annalise and she can't teach them for season after season.

Obviously time will tell and if the show is as gripping as it has been this far I'll be happy.

I'm also convinced Rebecca is guilty.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant episode, and that ending....

"I'm sorry"
    "Don't be"

Ah damn! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be sad to see the cast go too. So am hoping they don't do the new class route. But am not sure if the series has any longevity that way. New class, new stories etc. this class is in its last year. They're not all going to get jobs with Annalise and she can't teach them for season after season.

Obviously time will tell and if the show is as gripping as it has been this far I'll be happy.

I'm also convinced Rebecca is guilty.

I thought this was their 1st year?

Cause they've already been to uni. This is the next stage.

Michaela did pre medicine if you remember
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I assumed it was their last year. They must still be in uni given we still see them in class.
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I assumed it was their last year. They must still be in uni given we still see them in class.

Yeah first year of Law School, post-graduate. Usually Law School is 3-4 years depending on your course load in the US.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember if we saw them burn the body or not but I definitely think they were dumping the remains in the bins. Connor said something about there goes his fibula, implying that they were chopping him up in the woods??

I also think that this is where the plan will start to fall apart. I think it's obvious that Annalise gave Wes instructions on what to do and he wanted to incinerate the body, so I'm assuming she told him this was the best method. But everyone else outvoted him, so I am fully expecting there to be some sort of repercussion of not following what Annalise said to do. Someone will probably find a hand at the dump or something.

There are at least two outstanding ways to convict Annalise and the group. Michaela's ring and the blood on the floorboards, down the sink etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    There are at least two outstanding ways to convict Annalise and the group. Michaela's ring and the blood on the floorboards, down the sink etc.

And the burnt broken body parts in the rubbish bags.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Michaelas ring will definitely come back to haunt them.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sure Wes was going to reveal his dastardly ways, by placing Michaela's ring next to Sam. Oh, well, there's still time for that. I had assumed Annalise was involved but not the mastermind -That was a surprise.

Overall, the episode wasn't as intense as previous episodes, because It just plugged holes of events we've already seen. But it was good to get the answers.

I 'am another who thinks Rebecca is guilty. She's never shown any emotion towards finding her friends killer. Just trying to clear her name.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Connor's DNA is the sink
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    Don't forget Connor's DNA is the sink

Agree.

The mistakes for me so far are.

Michaela's Ring
    Connor DNA
    The police officer who saw them carry the rug out the door.
    Asher seeing Connors car in the drive along with knowing they where liars due to appearing at the bonfire.
    Putting Sam's body in the dumpster which was not part of Wes / Annalise plan.
    Laurel's phone ringing with those passers by hearing when in the woods.
    Rebecca calling the police in a panic at the motel. Just to quickly hang up.
    Trophy scales missing
    Street camera's recording them.
    Connor's breakdown in front of Oliver.

That's what I have picked up on. Anyone get any more?? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sams DNA all over the back of the truck?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree.

The mistakes for me so far are.

Michaela's Ring
    Connor DNA
    The police officer who saw them carry the rug out the door.
    Asher seeing Connors car in the drive along with knowing they where liars due to appearing at the bonfire.
    Putting Sam's body in the dumpster which was not part of Wes / Annalise plan.
    Laurel's phone ringing with those passers by hearing when in the woods.
    Rebecca calling the police in a panic at the motel. Just to quickly hang up.
    Trophy scales missing
    Street camera's recording them.
    Connor's breakdown in front of Oliver.

That's what I have picked up on. Anyone get any more?? :)

Asher knowing it was Michaela and not Lauren who took the trophy.
    Lauren lying to Frank about the trophy.
    The detective knowing he sent Rebecca to Sam & Annalise's house for evidence.
    Bonnie knowing she told Annalise about Sam.
  • lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I must be the only person who doesn't think Rebecca is guilty! I wouldn't be surprised if there was some twist and it turned out to be Annalise or her man on the side.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Asher knowing it was Michaela and not Lauren who took the trophy.
    Lauren lying to Frank about the trophy.
    The detective knowing he sent Rebecca to Sam & Annalise's house for evidence.
    Bonnie knowing she told Annalise about Sam.

BIB - I assume Annalise's alibi is sleeping the night with the detective and leaving the voicemail on Sam's phone.

IMO the only one that will be immediately in the frame for Sam's murder is actually rebecca since the detective did send her there with the USB and she has no alibi because the others have the bonfire cover story and if Sam's hands havent been completely burned her DNA may be under his fingernails from when tried to strangle her.

Michaela I think is an opportunist as shown when she stole the trophy and then the next day when she signed the pre-nup which now enables her to marry into a wealthy family with the reputation and the resources to protect her, should the need arise. So I think if her ring gets found with Sam's body she may try to say that Rebecca stole her ring during one of her legal defence preparation sessions at the house/office.

Frank will probably try to protect Lauren and that could be his downfall because now, so far, only his fingerprints are on the murder weapon after it was cleaned.

Connor is probably the weakest link in the group and will crack at some stage and spill the beans to the tech guy.

There's probably too many variables for them all to get away scot free
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member

I've been wondering this too.

I will be surprised (and disappointed!!) if they don't get caught. I mean, they are not forensic experts and were pretty panicked/scared and left a lot of breadcrumbs. The only thing I'm not sure on is just how the show proceeds from there. My initial thoughts were that the 5 involved would get arrested towards the end of the season with season 2 being their trial (trials? Would they get tried together or separately?), but I can't see Annalise being the one defending them. How could she, when they are on trial for murdering her husband? Unless she can plausibly convince people that she genuinely doesn't believe it was them who did it without raising some serious, serious eyebrows.

Or maybe only one of them gets caught? The two likeliest I'd say are Michaela and Connor. Michaela obviously for her ring and Connor because Asher saw his car outside the house. Of course it will also be full of evidence that I'm doubtful he'll be able to completely get rid of.