Options

Sausage Party

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm watching the trailer thinking "wow, talk about misleading titles" .. but then .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7cCtceU5Rc

Defintely want to catch it now :)

Comments

• Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crying with laughter
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    More kidult rubbish. I'll stick with my colouring books.
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm...can't help thinking that once the premise of cartoon characters swearing wears off, that is going to get old very quickly, probably about 30 mins into the film.

Looking at the cast, it looks like more of a private joke they cooked up (no pun intended) over a drunken weekend.

Can't see this sustaining a whole movie.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...can't help thinking that once the premise of cartoon characters swearing wears off, that is going to get old very quickly, probably about 30 mins into the film.

Looking at the cast, it looks like more of a private joke they cooked up (no pun intended) over a drunken weekend.

Can't see this sustaining a whole movie.

Didn't laugh once at the trailer.

At least Anomalisa has some interesting ideas along with the swearing and the sex.
  • Options
    pad-epad-e Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last few films Rogen has made with his buddies have been vanity projects where they are allowed to blow studio money on stupid films.

They are almost getting as bad as Sandler and his ilk. When will this madness stop?
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pad-e wrote: »
    The last few films Rogen has made with his buddies have been vanity projects where they are allowed to blow studio money on stupid films.

They are almost getting as bad as Sandler and his ilk. When will this madness stop?

Agreed, they're getting more and more puerile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha, at least I know i'll enjoy it then ;)
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Looks really funny, but I can't see how they can keep up that level of comedy for 60, never mind 90 minutes.

Hopefully will be great
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,682
    Forum Member
    There have been reviews of this because it's already premiered at SXSW, I believe.

Anyway, long story short, keep an eye on this, apparently the trailers don't do it justice in any sense of the word.

But without that knowledge, I thought it was a decent trailer, about the kinda material you'd expect from Seth Rogen and Co. Although, I have to say, I did majorly roll my eyes at Seth's sausage character smoking weed though, like, seriously? Does his contract now say he won't do a movie unless he gets a self-indulgent scene of his character smoking weed?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Inkblot wrote: »
    Didn't laugh once at the trailer.

At least Anomalisa has some interesting ideas along with the swearing and the sex.

Come on, the thing with the flour was funny.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed, i thought it looked really funny.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this yesterday.

Highly offensive, vulgar and immature (and I mean highly) but also funny. The plot isn't Shakespeare but it's not throw-away either; there's a few interesting ideas there. Basically though it's 90% food-based sex jokes (which you'd expect from the title ;-)) combined with a lengthy discussion of the nature of religion (which you probably wouldn't expect).

I think one problem with the film is that Pixar has conditioned us to expect a lot from animated films and this clearly is just happy being a stoner comedy.

Edit - Just saw that the box office is currently sitting at $104m - which isn't bad for an R rated movie which cost $20m to make.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cried with laughter at parts of this and as the above poster says there ARE some ideas flung about in the film.

and lots of swearing a dirty jokes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly looking forward to seeing this now it's finally out.
  • Options
    Captain DallasCaptain Dallas Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rogen is ploughing the same puerile crap over and over. The movie just gets more and more puerile as it goes on. Not a single redeeming feature to recommend it. Agree that it's another green lit vanity project. Time to stop giving him and his mates money, they're as bad as the Wayans brothers movies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rogen is ploughing the same puerile crap over and over. The movie just gets more and more puerile as it goes on. Not a single redeeming feature to recommend it. Agree that it's another green lit vanity project. Time to stop giving him and his mates money, they're as bad as the Wayans brothers movies.

Out of interest, why did you go and see it if you're not a fan of Seth Rogen ?
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well it's already grossed more than 5 times it's budget - so not so much of a vanity project.

But yeah, why bother watching it if you're not a fan? :p
  • Options
    Captain DallasCaptain Dallas Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a fan. I liked This Is The End and Knocked Up and his more recent dramatic role in Steve Jobs, but the frat boy humour is getting tedious now, the trailer made it look like it was going to be something different, but the film ran out of steam ten minutes in.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like puerile humour.
    But the problem is that you can have too much of it, and it would need skill and talent to maintain that type of humour and keep it funny for the length of a feature film.
    If the film itself doesn't work well as a narrative that puerile humour will probably get more irritating than other types of humour would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it today. Very, very funny although there was a lull of about 20 minutes in the early stages of the film where not much happened.

It's an interesting script as well. There are long parts about belief in religion and questioning that belief as well which I thought was surprisingly intelligent for such a crude film.

And that end scene as well .. *covers eyes* :D
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised so many folk type in defence of the fact that these films would be a third or less of their lengths if you took the f-words out.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this last week, i thought it was really funny. The scene near the end had me and my brother crying with laughter, it was just so ridiculous.
  • Options
    KekebearKekebear Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    We saw this on Bank Holiday Monday and if the cinema wasn't packed, we would have walked out. Crass for the sake of being crass, really unfunny throughout and the food gang bang at the end was just ridiculous. I'm a HUGE Seth Rogen fan and this was the first film of his I hated.

The biggest laugh it got in our screening was when the toilet paper goes "you don't want to know what it does with me". :rolls eyes: otherwise the cinema was quiet to small chuckles throughout.
  • Options
    John_Adam1John_Adam1 Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Sausage Party today on Sky Cinema and it reminded me of a long episode of South Park in terms of its style of humour/comedy. I did find it quite funny overall and certainly very watchable, but I agree with the previous poster who said the ending was a bit ridiculous. :#