Options

Metro: Celebrity of The Year

2»

Comments

• Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't these awards basically get given to whichever saddo is desperate enough to turn up on the day?

They have as much meaning as the Celebrity Mum/Dad of the year awards...it's all just PR teams manipulating the brainless.

It's just a bit of fun... gauge public opinion.

I wouldn't worry about The Spice Girl's turning up to accept an award for Celebrity Of The Year from The Metro.....lol.

Still, it's nice to see after such a Spicy year, Girl Power is still as strong as ever.

:)
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Surely Saint Gary will win this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Saint Gary will win this!

Not looking likely.
    Borelow is lingering around the bottom of the barrel with Rita Ora and Tulisa... :D

Girl Power!
  • Options
    Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever darling. :D:D

kenny12 worries me, and reminds me strongly of the "Leave Britney Alone!" guy.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 worries me, and reminds me strongly of the "Leave Britney Alone!" guy.

Me too.

When people won't accept any criticism of their favourites it's a rather worrying trait.
  • Options
    Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.

When people won't accept any criticism of their favourites it's a rather worrying trait.

Especially if they are, indeed, over the age of 12! ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Especially if they are, indeed, over the age of 12! ;):D

I love being accused of not accepting any criticism... just after I stated that I believe that Mel B now makes a living being a 'mouthy cow'.

I also stated that Emma Bunton doesn't do much. Her biggest 'job' is being a presenter on heart fm...

Where you're confused is that I deal in facts, when someone makes a statement that is factually incorrect about The Spice Girls brand then I will correct it.

They are factually the second most watched moment of the entire Olympic Games globally.

They are factually leading this silly poll, ahead of One Direction by over a thousand votes.

Opinions are fine - some like apples some like onions.

But just try to grasp the difference between opinion and fact.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    I love being accused of not accepting any criticism... just after I stated that I believe that Mel B now makes a living being a 'mouthy cow'.

...but only after agreeing when I said it first. :D
    Mel B makes money from being a mouthy cow
    Opinions are fine - some like apples some like onions.

I could also say opinions are like ar*eholes - everyone has one. ;)
    They are factually leading this silly poll, ahead of One Direction by over a thousand votes.

Which shows there are people around with absolutely no taste....:D
    'Silly poll'? Thought you'd be delighted to see your 'heroines' doing so well? :D

I think you'll agree what I stated was fact too then in that Emma and Vic are doing OK?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll agree what I stated was fact too then in that Emma and Vic are doing OK?

That's opinion.

Some may say that Emma is doing okay because she is now a Radio presenter on Heart FM..

Others may say that it's a bit embarrassing to go from international pop icon to Radio Presenter.

She's quite low-key outside of her Spice Girls commitments, she's a mommy first and foremost.
    However... calling a spade a spade, none of the other 'Girls would consider presenting for Heart FM.

As for Victoria, I would agree, The success of her fashion empire is undeniable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously Kenny, you're so blind to any criticism of the SG's nothing will ever get through to you.

I'll leave you to your fantasies darling and hope you might eventually be able to get yourself a life. :D
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So only people working in the notoriously self-gratifying and bloated music industry merit the title of 'celebrity', these days?

I give up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously Kenny, you're so blind to any criticism of the SG's nothing will ever get through to you.

I'll leave you to your fantasies darling and hope you might eventually be able to get yourself a life. :D

I just stated that in my opinion Emma Bunton is not 'doing okay for herself' as you put it.
    Her job is presenting on Heart FM for goodness sake!

How is that being blind to criticism?

You clearly didn't read my response - or you have serious comprehension issues.