• colin25colin25 Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Have I got a corrupt planner?

What would a sky customer say...for $100

Jeopardy? :)
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,925
    Forum Member
    dallardice wrote: »
    What I dislike about the Continue tab is that if you watch a programme from there, when it finishes it has vanished from the tab, so you have to hunt it out in the main list to delete. Unless I have missed a UI trick...
    No you haven't.
    It has been suggested that you should be able to delete from the Continue tab.
    The problem with that is that as you say, items disappear from the tab when they have been watched, and worse still if you have just finished watching one of a stack, the next recording will then automatically appear in the continue tab, as it should, and if there was a delete option you might delete that by mistake.
    Of course you can then undelete it, but it would still be annoying!
    :)
  • ProjectionistProjectionist Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Yep, got mine too unfortunately, truly awful.

Yes, I use the "Extra channels" function a lot, to watch Other regional news - & that is even more difficult to access now - thanks Sky!
  • RAYJORAYJO Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Fixed query myself
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Since the latest update which I believe happened before last weekend, I've had terrible trouble. I've got a 2tb box.

It kept crashing when watching from my planner, now it doesn't change channels. I've rebooted about three times a day, done a planner rebuild and system reset.

I think the hard drive is knackered as the box makes clcking sounds like a needle flicking back and forth.

Initially they tried to get me to pay £60 for a call out but I insisted the problem only started after the update. They're coming out for free on Monday.

Any ideas of what I might expect? What happens if they can't repair?

Has any others had this problem? The CS said my box is rare so perhaps that's the reason?

Any comments appreciated
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »

..........................The CS said my box is rare so perhaps that's the reason?

Any comments appreciated

2TB boxes are So rare,I only have 3 in my house :)

They won't even try to repair , they will simply swap boxes and take all your recordings away with them
    Forum Member
    2TB boxes are So rare,I only have 3 in my house :)

:D I only repeat what the dude said

They won't even try to repair , they will simply swap boxes and take all your recordings away with them

My recordings are already gone since I sys reset.

Oh well, suppose there's nothing I can do - they won't charge me for a call out - will a swapped box be free for me?
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well, suppose there's nothing I can do - they won't charge me for a call out - will a swapped box be free for me?

Yes, the callout includes any Sky equipment that requires replacing. A replacement box will be a refurbished unit unless none are available.
    Forum Member
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Yes, the callout includes any Sky equipment that requires replacing. A replacement box will be a refurbished unit unless none are available.

Cheers. Hopefully this will end satisfactorily.
    Forum Member
    He came today and replace the lot! New dish, new box and cabling as well apparently.

I've been told it all works fine (not checked myself). All for free - very pleased with the service.
  • JauntyMontyJauntyMonty Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Since the update the channel won't switch automatically if I'm recording two channels and watching another.

There has also been a couple of times where it won't let me stop watching something on my planner and other instances where it won't let me delete something. These issues are cleared by a reboot.
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    The Sky Q app has been updated to work with iOS 10.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my 2tb box has become really buggy again its back to crashing a few times a week.
    if its recording a HD channel and then trying to playback another recording at the same time is very choppy like when playing a file on a slow PC.
    Is any one else having this?
    this 3rd box must be 13 months old now.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok I dont think its the box being choppy but the actual show running wild on discovery HD as others have been OK must just be very bad recording.
    just done planner rebuild so hope it does not crash to soon.
  • barnsburybarnsbury Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Since the latest update which I believe happened before last weekend, I've had terrible trouble. I've got a 2tb box.

It kept crashing when watching from my planner, now it doesn't change channels. I've rebooted about three times a day, done a planner rebuild and system reset.

I think the hard drive is knackered as the box makes clcking sounds like a needle flicking back and forth.

Initially they tried to get me to pay £60 for a call out but I insisted the problem only started after the update. They're coming out for free on Monday.

Any ideas of what I might expect? What happens if they can't repair?

Has any others had this problem? The CS said my box is rare so perhaps that's the reason?

Any comments appreciated

After reading this thread. There is definitely a problem with 2 TB boxes since the update.

I have never had any issues with my 2 TB box before, which I have now had for years. Since the update, its been a nightmare. Very slow and buggy. Often cant change channel. If I live pause/rewind - it often freezes and I have to switch it off at the mains to get it to work again.

Have re booted several times, same problems persist. I am very disappointed.

Hope they issue a fix...
  • HDCriticalFanHDCriticalFan Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well ...

I put 2TB HDDs (Seagate Pipeline) in both of my Sky+HD boxes in June 2011. I have had no problems with them in over five years, before or after the latest EPG (touch wood).

[Both are used quite heavily and are invariably over 50% full].

I think that the last EPG update has slowed the boxes down a bit. In particular it now takes a second or so to be able to delete a recording after you finish watching it. It sort of continues to play in the mini TV screen for a bit with a "PLAYING" label before becoming "VIEWED" after which you can delete it.

To be fair, that's not really too bad is it ? Is anyone completely happy today with the performance of a smart phone that they bought over five years ago ?

I only wish it was as easy to upgrade the CPU as it is the HDD. Can you imagine how the EPG would zip along with a top of the line 2016 CPU instead of whatever is in the Sky box (I'm guessing a mid-level 2010 or older chip) ?
  • bhr1bhr1 Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Help!

I have a standard Sky+ HD box that's only 18 months old.

It's no longer connected to the internet.

Since the latest update, I have lost Sky Sports in Hd.

All the other HD channels are working and in their correct EPG spot (e.g. Sky 1 HD at 106) but Sky Sports 1-5 in SD are in epg slots 401-405.

When I go to the HD versions of the channels it just says I need to upgrade or connect to the internet to reactivate my sub.

Mix and SSNews HDs are working fine.

I've tried re-pairing my card to the box and also a box reboot but nothing seems to be working.
    Forum Member
    It isn't a requirement that your box be connected to the internet, so your linear satellite channels should not be affected if there is no internet connection.
    Ring Sky up and tell them what's happened and I'm sure they'll check your subscription level and reactive the HD sports channels if it's in order.
    I think what's happened is probably just a glitch, but only Sky can sort it out now as you've done everything else you can try as far as I can see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying that as we speak but already been on hold for 25 minutes. I'd be happy to email them or use chat but chat is always "busy" and they don't provide an email option. Does anyone know if they react on social media?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorted. For some reason, they had removed the Sport HD pack but left on the Box sets hD pack?!?
    Forum Member
    Oops! Glad you got it sorted.
  • barnsburybarnsbury Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Following my last post about the 2 TB boxes having issues.

I have noticed that the vast majority of the freezing problems happen when 2 simultaneous recordings are taking place. Otherwise, things are not too bad,
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    The Sky Q app has been updated today.
  • DoddieDoddie Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only wish it was as easy to upgrade the CPU as it is the HDD. Can you imagine how the EPG would zip along with a top of the line 2016 CPU instead of whatever is in the Sky box (I'm guessing a mid-level 2010 or older chip) ?

I could be wrong but I believe Sky dictate what the speed is for the software functions.
    [Assuming the latest HD boxes capable of 2TB drives don't have an undisclosed issue with the latest software.]

e.g. When I was invited to beta test a new build some years ago there was a beta release that was so ridiculously fast many testers complained it was too fast causing them to enter menus and functions they didn't expect, Sky 'slowed' down the software in the next release issued to testers... presumably by increasing the 'delay' between button press and menu options.

My point is, I suspect that Sky just need to tweak the software a bit for 2TB HD boxes rather than the boxes not being capable of fully supporting the latest software.