Options

TV shows taking a lot longer to appear "on demand"?

retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
Forum Member
Noticed the last few days that most of the shows I watch are taking considerably longer to appear on demand. Not just Sky's shows, but across the whole channel range.

I obviously record everything usually, but when I want to binge a few shows at once I usually grab the on demand ones to save me skipping the adverts.

Any one else notice this? Cheers

Comments

• Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last one of Dark matter has not been added on Syfy yet so downloaded it else where.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    As I've always got a nearly full box I can't even record any programmes off air normally as it might run out of space. So I rely on catch up TV for "Coronation Street" but as you can get it in 1080 and with less adverts anyway it's a pretty ideal way to watch, unless that is they don't put the episode up from that night, which happens from time to time for some reason. That's very annoying, because you've got to them use lower resolution from accessing the ITV Hub on the Fire Stick or PC, or just download a quick torrent which is usually in 720p to watch it.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I've noticed a few of the progs I watch on catch-up are only available in SD instead of HD, even when taken from an HD channel (they don't show up as orange in the EPG). But it seems a bit random as to which ones will turn up like this.