Hollyoaks- time for Theresa McQueen to Leave?

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
Forum Member
is it just me or does she no longer have any real place in the village and time for her to go?

i think the best way would be she joins forces with will after she finds out he will texas and agrees to help him take down dodger after a final showdown will is arrested for the murder of texas but theresa gets off scott free just as dodger gives up hope he finds evidence linking her to calvins murder as she makes a flee to the airport shes arrested and charged with his murder and goodbye hollyoaks two most hated:D

any thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it just me or does she no longer have any real place in the village and time for her to go?

i think the best way would be she joins forces with will after she finds out he will texas and agrees to help him take down dodger after a final showdown will is arrested for the murder of texas but theresa gets off scott free just as dodger gives up hope he finds evidence linking her to calvins murder as she makes a flee to the airport shes arrested and charged with his murder and goodbye hollyoaks two most hated:D

any thoughts?

I don't know, I find Theresa pretty dull but as long as there's storylines then there's a place for a character. Well Tony's still in the village this many years on and they're still finding stories for him so.... I'm sure they'll keep her around until Jorgie decides to move on.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, all she does is shag and is very selfish and only thinks about herself, she's also a bit of a bunny boiler and a crap actress. Time for Teresa to be killed or sent to prison.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely time for her to leave. She's already shagged and snogged half of the village boys... what else is there for her to do? Similarly, I'd like Mercedes to leave for the same reasons. Tedious characters with no direction. They just seem to go from one shag to the next.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Definitely time for her to leave. She's already shagged and snogged half of the village boys... what else is there for her to do? Similarly, I'd like Mercedes to leave for the same reasons. Tedious characters with no direction. They just seem to go from one shag to the next.

Agreed 100%
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy Theresa as a character, especially when she's in bunny boiler mode! I believe that they need to give her a decent storyline away from men and something meaty/gritty!

Also, I love Mercedes. ES gave her a new lease of life and I hope they give her more dramatic and serious SLs as well as some comedy ones as Jen Metcalfe is great with both. Luckily she's contracted until Summer 2014.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    She should have left a looooooooong time ago as far I'm concerned.
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a good opportunity for her to leave - she's not a good actress at all and although it can be difficult to predict who will be a good soap actor initially, I would like to see them get rid of those who can't cut it as soon as possible. It would at least indicate that the show does aim to be good quality entertainment
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Half the McQueens need to go - Mercedes in particular is deadwood, followed by Theresa and Myra too.

Carmel is redeemed due to the accident which she had last year which IMO changed the character for the better and made her more interesting to see Gemma Merna actually act for a change.
  • Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and mercedes needs to leave at the end of her contract in May next year
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, god I hate the stupid ugly bint soooooo much:mad:

I bet you anything they will shove her with one of the Rosco's aswell, and they will be bogged down by her:rolleyes:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,261
    Forum Member
    Corrie2010 wrote: »
    Yes, and mercedes needs to leave at the end of her contract in May next year

I think after only signing for a year this might happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I think after only signing for a year this might happen.

Normal contracts are for 6 months or a year.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in terms of her mothering skills she reminds me of Denise from the Royle Family :D
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    at least she is easy on the eye that makes up for her shortcomings
  • ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Theresa and Mercedes extremely irritating and repetitive characters.I think they could both be gone within the year.With the arrival of the Roscoes,I think the focus will be taken off the McQueens,who have arguably been their most dominant family for years.Their strongest member,Jacqui has left,Myra's more of a supporting character to her children and JP is quite capable of existing indepedently without his family.
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I say yes, and take Mercedes with her.
    I never warmed to Theresa, but when she was paired with Joel, I really liked her.
    As soon as he left she moved onto Dodger even though she "really loved Joel".
    It's kinda the same with Mercedes. She "really loved" Russ, Malachy and Riley while having affairs with Calvin and Carl. And now she's with Browning. I guess I find the constant man-switching off-putting.

Then they are both unbelievably selfish, always seem to land on their feet, get away with anything and everything, and don't care about their kids.
    I don't remember Mercedes mentioning Bobby once since she was freed from Clare.
    And I don't rate the actresses much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I say yes, and take Mercedes with her.
    I never warmed to Theresa, but when she was paired with Joel, I really liked her.
    As soon as he left she moved onto Dodger even though she "really loved Joel".
    It's kinda the same with Mercedes. She "really loved" Russ, Malachy and Riley while having affairs with Calvin and Carl. And now she's with Browning. I guess I find the constant man-switching off-putting.

Then they are both unbelievably selfish, always seem to land on their feet, get away with anything and everything, and don't care about their kids.
    I don't remember Mercedes mentioning Bobby once since she was freed from Clare.
    And I don't rate the actresses much.

And Warren. During his trial for who injured Clare, she had to confess to the entire court she was in bed with him when it happened. And yes it is annoying and not exactly "dramatic". Sorry for posting on a old thread by the way. Myra calling Joel "a wrong un" pissed me off. The hypocritical bitch doesnt even know what the word means given that she IS obsessed with Theresa.
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    ...Sorry for posting on a old thread by the way.

I'm glad you said that, but you're clearly not. Why do you keep bumping ancient threads just to say the same old nonsense?

It's getting beyond a joke now.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Not sorry at all though are you?!
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Who cares if it's an old threads its a valid question more so now. For me Theresa would've worked SO much better if she'd become Mercedes Jnr and just embraced her darkside rather than trying to be Carmel 2.0 all sweetness and selflessness and understanding.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    There's about 10 threads on the first two pages about Theresa, bumped by the same poster. It's getting slightly frustrating
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    In my opinion she should never have come back. Irritating character (in a bad way) played by a substandard 'actress'. The whole thing with Patrick and her is beyond ridiculous, as is the permenant open mouthed pouty type thing she does. In fact I would go as far as to say the McQueen family should have been consigned to Hollyoaks history a long time ago instead of bringing in random cousins etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion she should never have come back. Irritating character (in a bad way) played by a substandard 'actress'. The whole thing with Patrick and her is beyond ridiculous, as is the permenant open mouthed pouty type thing she does. In fact I would go as far as to say the McQueen family should have been consigned to Hollyoaks history a long time ago instead of bringing in random cousins etc.

totally agree. Apart from Jacqui, I've never been a MacQueen fan. Most of the younger ones have clearly be chosen for their aptitude for Lads Mags modelling rather than their acting ability and I dont get why we just keep getting more of the same
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit that I am liking her relationship with Patrick, personally. Somehow they work well.

Jorgie Porter's not the best actress in the world (easy on the eyes though ;) ), but as a character Theresa is far from the worst on the show. Sinead, Scott, Lindsey, Freddie, Jason, Robbie, Leela, Peri, Tom, Diane, Kim....all of them are just woeful to watch. Notice how they're the ones we always say f*** off to in the E4 First Look threads :D

The one McQueen I am really impressed with is Porsche. The promo shots of her late last year made me think she was a Mercedes clone - eye candy but likely to lack any of Mercy's spark. How wrong I was! She's definitely different to her cousin.