Options

Vodafone Sim Card issues

Dave ADave A Posts: 54
Forum Member
I've just reasently changed over from Payt to Contract still useing the same sim card that i had from payt all the calling fuctions, text fuctions work fine, but the only problem is the payt menu (eg for checking say your balance is in still in the sim card menu, not the phone, but no longer works.

I did explain this to the operator who said that i would get a sim update and all payt fuctions that are in-built the sim card menu would be removed, this has not yet happend? the sim card is only about 6 months old so it's not as if it's that old, if a rephone customer services can thay send sim updates, the only networks that i knew that send sim updates was just orange o2 and t-mobile.

Any suggestions in this matter would be a great help

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Just don't use the function? You know you're on Pay Monthly and that it will not work so you could just leave it alone.... :confused:
  • Options
    ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    voda do sim updates just not very often i had one the other day changing my payg contact from 3 to about 12
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Da/\/\aged wrote: »
    Just don't use the function? You know you're on Pay Monthly and that it will not work so you could just leave it alone.... :confused:

hmmm i guess so, the only downside is that there are more fuctions enabled on a contract sim, like fixed dialing than on a payt sim .....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Dave A wrote: »
    hmmm i guess so, the only downside is that there are more fuctions enabled on a contract sim, like fixed dialing than on a payt sim .....

Not sure mate, I would be tempted to leave it as once you change things they are never the same again! In my experience anyway lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Da/\/\aged wrote: »
    Not sure mate, I would be tempted to leave it as once you change things they are never the same again! In my experience anyway lol.

True, cheers anyway
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    The sim update to change the SIM services menu, takes a while to do. If I remember correctly it happens when you switch the phone on and doesn't appear in your inbox as some do. I would ask them to send it again. Then shortly afterwards switch your phone off, take out battery and SIM for a few minutes and then replace.
    Let the phone do its stuff for ten minutes or so and then check.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Hello Dave,

The simplest thing for us to do to sort this for you is to replace your SIM card. Please complete the Vodafone Online Contact Form and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Please ensure you include all of the requested details, as well as the code FIT135 within your message; this ensures the email comes to the forums team.

Hope this helps,

edwardpeter
    Vodafone UK