iPod Touch Guide

Missy MooMissy Moo Posts: 474
Forum Member
Hi, I received an iPod Touch for Christmas - completely unexpected, so no idea where to start! Rather than clutter up this forum with questions, can anyone recommend a good online guide for getting the best out of it? I know that the Apple website is the obvious place to start, but I'd also like to learn the non-authorised stuff which Apple don't want you to know about. Nothing illegal, but I'm sure there must be freebies, shortcuts and tips that are reputable (and plenty that aren't which I don't want to get caught out by!).

Cheers! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    You mean getting it jail broken, which voids Apple's warranty?

Hmmm. I wouldn't like to lead you down that path.

Just enjoy what Apple's given you.

One tip though: Pressing the home button and the power button together for a second or two, takes a photo of the current screen, and holding them for more than 6 seconds resets the device.
  • Missy MooMissy Moo Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not! :eek: Too old and honest for that. Just want a balanced review of what the iPod can or can't do. For example, already found out that I can't watch certain clips as I don't have Flash and don't believe I can install it(?)

Thanks for the tip though - that was more what I was after!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    if you don't want to jailbreak then just watch the guided tour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    Missy Moo wrote: »
    Absolutely not! :eek: Too old and honest for that. Just want a balanced review of what the iPod can or can't do. For example, already found out that I can't watch certain clips as I don't have Flash and don't believe I can install it(?)

Thanks for the tip though - that was more what I was after!

Ok, one thing you can do is watch iPlayer programmes, go to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer, then you can add the icon to your screen.

Make sure you go to the App Store and check out all the free (or paid, if you wish) Apps and Games there.

The thing with the Touch is, it doesn't need a user guide, just switch it on and experiment.