Hard drive to DVD

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
Forum Member
Please can you help. I have a foxsat hdr and on the hard drive i want to copy a news item and send to my daughter. My wife and I have spent the night trying our best and no luck...Thank you all.... roger and val

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a USB Flash memory stick or an USB external hard drive (not NTFS format) you should be able to get the file off of the box.

Plug the stick/drive in and the machine should say USB device detected on screen.

Press the Media button.
    Press Opt+ button
    Press OK to pick file manager
    Press right arrow to select the USB device window
    Press OK so it shows the folder icon followed by two dots
    Press left key and highlight recording to copy
    Press green button to copy

Three files should now copy to the USB device.

When finished power down the HDR and unplug USB device.

Plug USB device into a PC then copy to CD or DVD is the file one with extension .ts (the big one).

Good luck

Automan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your message. I will now have a very happy daughter......Roger.
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the particular news item you wish to send was recorded in Standard def and not Hi def. If it was HD then your efforts will be in vain, due to the encryption. If whoever it was an SD recording, your daughter will need someting to play the video file back. VLC is a free player that will play .ts files available from www.videolan.org
    Forum Member
    Thank you all. I put it on a external hard disk then dragged it onto my laptop desktop and then she put it on her p/c. GB62 page in the manual was not much help to me. The news by the way was a 106 birthday...Roger and Val
  • Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How times have changed - back in 1905 John Ambrose Fleming had just invented the vacuum diode (or 2 electrode radio rectifier tube as it was known). We've come a long way to Satellite TV, Freesat, HD, HDDs, DVDs, laptops and USB devices since then. :)
    Forum Member
    How times have changed - back in 1905 John Ambrose Fleming had just invented the vacuum diode (or 2 electrode radio rectifier tube as it was known). We've come a long way to Satellite TV, Freesat, HD, HDDs, DVDs, laptops and USB devices since then. :)
    Hey !!! I still use Morse Code !!!!!
  • Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey !!! I still use Morse Code !!!!!
    .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- ..--.. .. ... .. - - .... . .- -- . .-. .. -.-. .- -. --- .-. - .... . .. -. - . .-. -. .- - .. --- -. .- .-.. ...- .- .-. .. . - -.-- ..--.. :D:D:D
  • BillybassBillybass Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Many thanks,automan,works a treat.
  • beemanbeeman Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Automan wrote: »
    With a USB Flash memory stick or an USB external hard drive (not NTFS format) you should be able to get the file off of the box.

Plug the stick/drive in and the machine should say USB device detected on screen.

Press the Media button.
    Press Opt+ button
    Press OK to pick file manager
    Press right arrow to select the USB device window
    Press OK so it shows the folder icon followed by two dots
    Press left key and highlight recording to copy
    Press green button to copy

Three files should now copy to the USB device.

When finished power down the HDR and unplug USB device.

Plug USB device into a PC then copy to CD or DVD is the file one with extension .ts (the big one).

Good luck

Automan.

Just read this post about powering down the HDR before unplugging the USB device. Is that power down so the red light is on the front or power down switch off at the mains?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beeman wrote: »
    Just read this post about powering down the HDR before unplugging the USB device. Is that power down so the red light is on the front or power down switch off at the mains?

You only need to do that for firmware upgrades. After copying content to and from usb just make sure the transfer is complete. Look at the drive activity led, when it is complete just unplug it.
  • Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beeman wrote: »
    It's not necessary, the Humax USB ports are plug'n'play just like PCs USB ports.

Just be sure to wait until the HDR has finished copying the file before unplugging as it could cause file corruption if done mid-process.