Options

Oasis vs The Beatles vs Michael Jackson vs Elvis

Pacman 2011Pacman 2011 Posts: 939
Forum Member
✭✭
What is your personal opinion and what is facts?

Who really was or is the best!?

Baring in mind none of these singers or bands exsist anymore as they have disbanded or died :)

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Oasis are ok, Elvis is ok, the other two are overrated.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, personally:

The Beatles
    Oasis
    Michael Jackson
    Elvis Presley

I'd guess a lot of people would put Oasis further down, but I'm putting them high up just because I love some of their older stuff so much (What's the Story (Morning Glory) album, etc).

I'm not a fan of Elvis at all though, I've only got one song by him on my iPod. But hey, personal preferences.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My personal opinion is Oasis. I guess who was actually the best would go by record sales. I don't know. I love Oasis, they provided the soundtrack of my youth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oasis are decent, but completely overrated. Still, I really enjoy some of their earlier stuff.

The order for me:

The Beatles
    Elvis
    Oasis
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    The Beatles
    Elvis

MJ

Oasis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Oasis are ok, Elvis is ok, the other two are overrated.

Why do you think they are over rated?
    Jennymoo wrote: »
    My personal opinion is Oasis. I guess who was actually the best would go by record sales. I don't know. I love Oasis, they provided the soundtrack of my youth.

Love Oasis to, shame they have split!
    Gawge wrote: »
    Oasis are decent, but completely overrated. Still, I really enjoy some of their earlier stuff.

The order for me:

The Beatles
    Elvis
    Oasis
    Michael Jackson

Why is MJ last lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is MJ last lol

I was seriously debating putting MJ 3rd and Oasis last. I'd probably say that Michael Jackson is "better" than Oasis, however I probably prefer Oasis to MJ.

The Beatles and Elvis are considerably better than the other two though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawge wrote: »
    I was seriously debating putting MJ 3rd and Oasis last. I'd probably say that Michael Jackson is "better" than Oasis, however I probably prefer Oasis to MJ.

The Beatles and Elvis are considerably better than the other two though.

Is that because the 2 you put at the bottom are the same to that were inspired by the top 2 you choose?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Oasis should be in the same poll as those 3 personally. Maybe Marley or Sinatra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Oasis should be in the same poll as those 3 personally. Maybe Marley or Sinatra.

I will add Marley and Madonna to the list!
  • Options
    Wayne DibblyWayne Dibbly Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oasis shouldn't be on the list in that company. A 2nd rate Beatles/Lennon tribute band.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Out of those, Michael Jackson. But yeah Oasis seems a bit of a random choice. Yes, great britpop band, but if Oasis are in there, why aren't Stone Roses or Blur, for example

Always thought Elvis was overrated. Maybe it's because it was so different and new back then, or because his act was revolutionary for the time, but I don't rate him.
  • Options
    SassernachSassernach Posts: 1,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is your personal opinion and what is facts?

Who really was or is the best!?

Baring in mind none of these singers or bands exsist anymore as they have disbanded or died :)

It is unfair to compare these as they were from different eras.
    The Beatles help set the path for Oasis and bands like them.
    Elvis probably would not have been so big but for Jerry lee Lewis marrying his teenage cousin.
    Michael Jackson again another type of music. As they were all famous and their music is still played I cannot see that we can say any are lacking.

I have my own favourite musicians but I cannot pull down one artist at the cost of another. We should appreciate the artists and their talents.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of those, Michael Jackson. But yeah Oasis seems a bit of a random choice. Yes, great britpop band, but if Oasis are in there, why aren't Stone Roses or Blur, for example

Always thought Elvis was overrated. Maybe it's because it was so different and new back then, or because his act was revolutionary for the time, but I don't rate him.

Because Oasis achieved more then Stone Roses and Blur plus the list would take forever.
    Sassernach wrote: »
    It is unfair to compare these as they were from different eras.
    The Beatles help set the path for Oasis and bands like them.
    Elvis probably would not have been so big but for Jerry lee Lewis marrying his teenage cousin.
    Michael Jackson again another type of music. As they were all famous and their music is still played I cannot see that we can say any are lacking.

I have my own favourite musicians but I cannot pull down one artist at the cost of another. We should appreciate the artists and their talents.

:)

Aka sitting on the fence where your opinion counts :D
  • Options
    darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elvis ftw
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Elvis Presley (1954 to 1958)

2. The Beatles

3. Elvis Costello

4. Oasis

5. Elvis Presley (1959 to 1977)

6. Michael Jackson
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    The Beatles and Elvis.

Big space etc

The other lot.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What ages are you?

I like ONE Elvis song and ONE Beatles song.

Oasis and MJ are what I know.
  • Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oasis - my favourite group. For my money they had two of the best albums ever put together in DM and MG.

The Beatles - massive Beatles fan since I (and they!) were young. Some of their stuff hasn't stood the test of time but some still rocks to this day.

Michael Jackson - not a huge fan but liked some of his earlier stuff (probably up to, and including, Thriller)

Elvis Presley - never been a fan. Like a couple of tracks but that's it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Oasis, are you having a laugh.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    look

The Beatles
    Elvis

seminal influences in music

maybe you can add the Beach Boys, and maybe you need a R&B man also - not sure who - some say Chuck Berry, although he wasnt as prolific hitwise.

Oasis and MJ don't fit this.
  • Options
    robo2robo2 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What ages are you?

I like ONE Elvis song and ONE Beatles song.

Oasis and MJ are what I know.

you do realise that most oasis songs are mediocre rip offs of the beatles, the rest are mediocre rip offs of slade and status quo :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    The Gaslight Anthem
    Beatles
    MJ
    Oasis
    Elvis.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Oasis are my favourite group of all time but they wouldnt exist without The Beatles, so have to put the Beatles first.

Michael Jackson I cant stand, never seen the appeal of his music.

Elvis not a big fan but he wass better than Jackson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robo2 wrote: »
    you do realise that most oasis songs are mediocre rip offs of the beatles, the rest are mediocre rip offs of slade and status quo :p

The argument is very daft, you act like the beatles had NO inspirations at all... like they created all the music in the world as a pedestal to ALL other groups.