Adele is so common and sounds awful

12346»

Comments

• m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    The gum chewing is probably NiQuitin. Noticed S. Cowell, another heavy smoker, sometimes chews or eats sweets.

thats no excuse on a world stage....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am gobsmacked at how she has been so successfull. I just do not get it. Her voice is shouty and she would fit in at a Karaoke session down the dog and duck.

Now Amy winehouse, that was a voice.

Completely overrated.
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura P wrote: »
    I don't like it when anyone can't string a sentence together without swearing, whoever they are. It's not even a matter of it being "common", it's just flat out unpleasant and disrespectful. And if she was chewing gum as well, that's pretty unpleasant and disrespectful too at an event like the Grammys.

Well I can't take to her either, just my opinion & my taste.
    Yes I am Mrs Snobby from Snobsville & I cringe whenever I see or hear her on TV/radio & quickly turn over or off.
    I'm sure she does not give a damn, as she is crying all the way to the bank. But then neither do I, as long as I don't have to put up with her celebrity presence in my living room or car.
    I'm hoping she eventually becomes boring because she is over-exposed imho, the next best thing will then take her place; as they usually do - & odds on I may actually like them ;).
  • Miss CheefMiss Cheef Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    I can take or leave Adele tbh. She is massively exposed at the moment though and I know she's going to start getting on my t*ts very soon :rolleyes:

Anyway think this sketch from Funny or Die is funny....

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/84550eff5b/adele-s-one-night-stand
  • LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulip19 wrote: »
    She doesn't need to be defended for speaking in her natural accent, IMO.

A person saying they don't like an accent is one thing but to say it sounds 'common' just comes across as snobbery.

Even if it's not an inaccurate comment the complaint is so trivial. IMO.

Gum chewing, on the other hand... ;)

I have no problem with her accent, I'm a working class northerner, but I do take issue with her constant use of profanity and the fact that she thinks it's somehow clever to eff and blind the whole time.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackboy18 wrote: »
    You can take the girl out of the rough coucil estate...

What's a coucil? You can take a person away from utter snobbery but you can't take utter snobbery out of the person.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not from a council estate, she's from a council flat above a discount store, the flats are on the main road in West Norwood.

Photo of flats where she lived:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02140/adele-west-norwood_2140512b.jpg