Options

Lady Gaga: Best guest performance of the series

124»

Comments

• Options
    ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was a transformer to start of with.

More like TRANSVESTITE :)
  • Options
    wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was awesome. The song was amazingly good, the performance was brilliant and I thought she was fantastic.

I'd never heard anything by her before she was on X Factor but now I'm a fan :o

Check out her video of Bad Romance on Youtube. It's breathtaking. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was miming 100000%!

No, she wasn't.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone figured out why she had a huge bathtub on stage and what it had to do with the song?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone figured out why she had a huge bathtub on stage and what it had to do with the song?

The music video for 'Bad Romance' is set in the 'Bath Haus of Gaga'.

Maybe that's why. The video does have a lot of elements that featured in Sunday's performance (but not a massive bath, it must be said).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was miming 100000%!
    Just look at her mouth and the words of the song, she was always a second behind with opening her mouth!
    Pathetic!:mad:
    !

I understand that you live outside of the UK so not sure if you watched it via a TV screen or just from a youtube clip.

To me, seeing it live via the TV I would say that she sang live obviously with recorded backing (like most other artists have when they appear on these shows)

Perhaps you watched a youtube link where the sound is slighty out of sync with the picture but she wasn't behind at all via the TV screen. .. so not really pathetic.

Personally I loved her whole performance .. great Saturday night entertainment.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    This is the track she used on X Factor:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07MeU1G06vI

Love GaGa so much and can't wait to see her at the o2 in Feb ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I understand that you live outside of the UK so not sure if you watched it via a TV screen or just from a youtube clip.

To me, seeing it live via the TV I would say that she sang live obviously with recorded backing (like most other artists have when they appear on these shows)

Perhaps you watched a youtube link where the sound is slighty out of sync with the picture but she wasn't behind at all via the TV screen. .. so not really pathetic.

Personally I loved her whole performance .. great Saturday night entertainment.:)

If it's true what you've been saying about watching the video on YT where as you say the sound is slightly out of sync with the picture than why we can't see that out of sync phenomenon when watching the artists through YT who really SING live, like Rhydian, Buble,....if you can explain me that I'll be a happy cookie today, lol!
    For me Lady GaGa had got as much help from the technology during her performance as Cheryl, Britney or many others and if their fans are happy with that, let them enjoy their performance as a whole because for them the technologically enhanced singing is just the small part of all the fun.
    Amen!
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's true what you've been saying about watching the video on YT where as you say the sound is slightly out of sync with the picture than why we can't see that out of sync phenomenon when watching the artists through YT who really SING live, like Rhydian, Buble,....if you can explain me that I'll be a happy cookie today, lol!
    For me Lady GaGa had got as much help from the technology during her performance as Cheryl, Britney or many others and if their fans are happy with that, let them enjoy their performance as a whole because for them the technologically enhanced singing is just the small part of all the fun.
    Amen!

It depends on the quality of the YT clip you are watching.

There are a few versions of Gaga's X Factor performance on YT. One is a low quality version where the singing is out of sinc or there is this HQ version were it isn't. The Buble one is very high quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfcKA9NvPXM&feature=related

The lead vocal WAS all live and there are plenty of examples on YT showing just how good a liove singer Gaga is.

I like Britney but as a live artist Gaga is Streets ahead of her and on another planet to C Cole who just mimed the whole thing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually thought she was atrocious.

Robbie might not have performed vocally as well as he could have but his enthusiasm and happiness to be there was more than enough to warrant a big thumbs up.

As for best star performance AND song of the series?

Shakira, hands down - absolutely bleedin' brilliant. Shame that the OP didn't even mention it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    kingrw411 wrote: »
    Shakira, hands down - absolutely bleedin' brilliant. Shame that the OP didn't even mention it...

:eek: Shakira was so bad she did the impossible - she appeared on X-Factor and still managed to get her single to flop.

Did it Again only got to #26 in the charts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amen!

Like a previous poster has explained . it all depends on which youtube video you watch .. I've seen a lot of videos of Rhydian on youtube where I know for a fact that he was singing live but the youtube vid has the audio and visual out of sinc .. so no other explaination necessary .. it just depends on which youtube clip you watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr. Chips wrote: »

I think there's other guests I missed out but that was just my opinion on those I've mentioned. What's everyone else's views on guests this series?

yes you misssed JLS!

my favourites were lady gaga, jls and michael buble.
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zincubus wrote: »
    More like TRANSVESTITE :)

Good grief :rolleyes:
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wolfpaw wrote: »
    I thought she was awesome. The song was amazingly good, the performance was brilliant and I thought she was fantastic.

I'd never heard anything by her before she was on X Factor but now I'm a fan :o

Check out her video of Bad Romance on Youtube. It's breathtaking. :)

Always great to see a GaGa convert. I love your use of superlatives, which are more than appropriate. :D

Some of her Poker Face performances with a piano are fantastic.

She's a great show-woman. I'm looking forward to her o2 gigs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Agreed
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried to like her but just can't. Alicia for me was the best guest performance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buble!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    I am very fogeyish so hardly knew who she was - but I loved her performance on X factor - mind you I loved Susan Boyle as well!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very fogeyish so hardly knew who she was - but I loved her performance on X factor - mind you I loved Susan Boyle as well!:o

There's no shame in having diverse tastes in music .. good for you :D

My parents who are both pensioners love Lady Gaga .. mind neither of them are very keen on Subo though .. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: Shakira was so bad she did the impossible - she appeared on X-Factor and still managed to get her single to flop.

Did it Again only got to #26 in the charts.

Wow... I guess my opinion was wrong. I apologise completely, I somehow managed to fool myself that I enjoyed something when it clearly didn't happen. I'll not make that mistake again. Thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    kingrw411 wrote: »
    Wow... I guess my opinion was wrong. I apologise completely, I somehow managed to fool myself that I enjoyed something when it clearly didn't happen. I'll not make that mistake again. Thanks!

You're welcome, glad to be of service! ;)

(I wasn't saying you were wrong for your opinion, I was offering an alternate one that most people seemed to agree with, considering her single flopped.)