Kieron Richardson (Ste, Hollyoaks) comes out as gay

1235»

Comments

• EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toby4000 wrote: »
    A long-term regular in the least watched UK soap, and playing a character unrecognisable from the one that he started playing. I don't know about the viewing figures for 'Dancing on Ice' but I don't know a single person who watches it and it's not talked about in the media (in the way that Big Brother was for the first few years, for the X-Factor is). Hardly anyone knows who he is.
    Dancing on Ice ratings are around the 8 million mark. 10 million for the final. One of the most watched shows on ITV. And it gets plenty of coverage in the papers. You're confusing your tastes in television for everyones.

And playing a character unrecognisable from the one he started playing? :confused: Now that's just a bizarre comment. I don't think anybody has ever had any problem recognising Ste throughout the time he's played him. Perhaps you need to see a doctor about your memory problems? :o

If nobody knew who he was, the media wouldn't bother printing the story in the first place. Obviously. :rolleyes:
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Wow, so what?

I hate how the media make such a big deal about someone coming out as gay. This is 2010 we're living in, not the Stone Age.
    I know what you mean, a lot of people maintain "I'm cool with it". But if they're alright with it, why must someone need to 'come out'- therefore making it an issue.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I'm happy for him and that he feels comfortable to reveal it on telly I do...

think the show is taking a risk by doing this type of plot for a character who never shown any sign of gay feelings especially when a pretty similar plot only air a couple of years ago.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    It was a nice interview with Kieron, it must have been a lot nicer to come out with his "TV parents" instead of the papers hinting at it!

Yea, people may have already "known" but its not fair when the papers try force people to come out, like Joe McElderry. People should be able ro speak about it in their own time, and way.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    Yet you browse the dedicated Soap section on DigitalSpy? And actually go to the effort to post on it multiple times, on a thread with a title that makes it perfectly clear to anyone – other than the thickest of the thick, perhaps – exactly what it is about. What an odd person you are...

(And I'm not exactly sure why you'd be looking for news on some obscure footballer in the Soap forum either, but there you go)

Actually, the thread started in the TV programmes section (initially called "Well Done Kieron Richardson!!") and got moved to here. It's my very first time in the Soap forum. It's like entering a parallel universe where people talk about things I know nothing about.

I'll leave you all in peace now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    There's a preview on the storyline here, with some more details on how it all kicks off and comments from the actors (same C4 source as the DS article, incase some of it looks familiar!).

Sounds like a really original storyline, has a UK soap covered a gay domestic violence story before?
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I have to say I am glad that Kieron Richardson has finally had the courage to "come out" this can only be seen as a positive step and will perhaps help other Gay people to finally accept their true feelings.

I am glad that Hollyoaks are featuring this storyline as a gay domestic abuse storyline to my knowledge has never been done in a soap before. Well done Hollyoaks and I look forward to seeing how the storyline progresses.