M&S add hot water soups (Posh Pot Noodles)

littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I didn't imagine this. I saw them in the Clapham Junction store, the one actually in the station. Possibly a trial run with the hurry through crowd there. Flavours were Thom Yum(?), chicken noodle, spicy chicken noodle. All have the noodles in the bottom of the large fresh soup sized plastic cartons, topped with finely chopped veg, finely chopped meats, herbs&spices, and miso etc pastes. You add the hot water, I'm not sure if a microwave is involved.
Prices are £3.25-£3.50. Anyone already tried them? I'm going to have a go next week. An update on the flavours being sold would be appreciated.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That's a bit pricey. For what they are I would put up with the cheaper alternative or prepare my own (Why don't you make it yourself? Please don't hit me!)

Was watching River Cottage the other night where Hugh and his chef knocked up some variations.

http://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/chorizo-tomato-instant-noodles-in-a-pot/
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyber violence on DS, perish the thought, never from me anyway.
    I agree they are pricey. I'm normally a fan of original curry flavour Pot Noodle, but I fancy giving this a go as a one off. I hope any reports are favourable between now and next week.