Sicknote

daver34daver34 Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Who from your team spends most of their time injured.

Comments

• Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anderson.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diaby.

The ultimate sicknote.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If an illness can be classed as being "injured", then Darren Fletcher.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Diaby.

The ultimate sicknote.

I would say he is up there, but the ultimate sick note will be Hargreaves! ;)
  • PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Diaby.

The ultimate sicknote.

Oh yes, definitely. I remember Rosicky missing 18 months through injury once, too. And of course RVP had A LOT of injures, yet there is no sign of them at United :mad:
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For United I would say Anderson and Ashley Young.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Daniel Agger used to have a lot of injuries. They don't seem to be bothering him much now (same for Gerrard). Sturridge has had a few injuries since joining us.

Fabio Aurelio also used to have a lot of injuries. He'd play, perform well, then he'd be out for a few weeks. Joe Cole, too. Well, perhaps without the "perform well" part besides his last few games for us.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No the ultimate was Darren Anderton.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »

Kieran Dyer as well
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Saha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Daniel Agger used to have a lot of injuries. They don't seem to be bothering him much now (same for Gerrard). Sturridge has had a few injuries since joining us.

Fabio Aurelio also used to have a lot of injuries. He'd play, perform well, then he'd be out for a few weeks. Joe Cole, too. Well, perhaps without the "perform well" part besides his last few games for us.

Degen has to get a mention. A man who could barely lace his boots without dislocating something. :D
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Degen has to get a mention. A man who could barely lace his boots without dislocating something. :D

Oh, yeah, I forgot about him.

I didn't forget about Aquilani though, but I thought I included enough names from Liverpool.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy/Andrew "AJ" Johnson has somehow stayed fit for 3 games now... it can't be long 'til he breaks down for the umpteenth time though.
    We had Keiron Dyer too last year but I think we got shot of him to Boro. Imagine if Boro have Dyer AND Woodgate on the books; physio will be earning his corn.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Young, anderson, Fletcher
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boselecta wrote: »
    Andy/Andrew "AJ" Johnson has somehow stayed fit for 3 games now... it can't be long 'til he breaks down for the umpteenth time though.
    We had Keiron Dyer too last year but I think we got shot of him to Boro. Imagine if Boro have Dyer AND Woodgate on the books; physio will be earning his corn.

Is he still doing that crap celebration finger spelling thing as though he isn't a properly average journeyman?
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of ours spring to mind. Luke Shaw does seem a bit injury proned.

But in the past, in my time of supporting Saints, we've had:

Marian Pahars
    Michael Svensson
    Antti Niemi
    Inigo Idiakez
    David Connolly
    Lee Holmes
    Darren Kenton
  • HarryNelson1805HarryNelson1805 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    A bit off topic but why does it always seem when an Arsenal player gets injured they are out forever???

Wilshere, Diaby, Rosicky, Eduardo, RVP, Ramsey, Sagna just off my head. Do their doctors/physios work on commision??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kieran Dyer as well

Winner, no one is worse\better than him at being injured.

Our worst sicknote was Jonathan Woodgate who then went on to have the worst debut in history.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He had the nickname, but his record was nowhere near the worst there's been.

He missed most of one season, but that's all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Anderton was regularly out at Spurs and thats why Sheringham came up with the nickname but he always seemed to be available when England had a tournament.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member

450 league games in his career. His sicknote tag was over-hyped.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had Keith O'Neill who was already injury prone before we signed him for 12 games in two years, although 'two degenerative bone conditions in his spine called spondylolisthesis and spondylosis, essentially a double fracture of part of the cord that threatens to leave him disabled' is a fairly good excuse.
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anderton played 364 games at Tottenham over 12 seasons but it was that injury plagued spell from '95 to '98 that garnered him that unfortunate nickname.

Is Sicknote the most injured player ever? | Football | theguardian.com
    Darren Anderton has made a total of 379 club appearances (including those as a substitute), while Jamie Redknapp has managed a total of 300 exactly, giving the man they call Sick-Note an average of almost eight appearances more per season. Throw international caps into the equation and Anderton shoots even further ahead, bringing his average number of senior appearances for club and country to a whopping 40.9 matches per season, compared to Redknapp's 31.7.

As for players who are even more injury prone than the aforementioned pair, three names immediately spring to mind: Everton striker Duncan Ferguson (10 seasons as a pro under his belt), Leeds United striker Michael Bridges (six seasons) and Coventry City midfielder Keith O'Neill (six seasons). Using the same complex formula we applied above, Big Dunc scores no mean mean of 25.63 games per season, Irish international Keith O'Neill notches up an average of 19 exactly (21 including international caps), while poor old Michael Bridges weighs in with a meagre 16.66, making him the most injured of the lot.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Is he still doing that crap celebration finger spelling thing as though he isn't a properly average journeyman?

Nah - don't think he did it after scoring against Owls t'other week. Good job too as it was really cringey....any intricate hand-sign celebration looks naff.... look at Bale's arsey heart thing f'rinstance.