Glue | E4 | Brand new |

Comments

• storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    On SKY+HD boxes programmes in hi-def are highlighted in yellow in the tv guide and it also says HD in the show description. Neither are present for Glue.

Oh right, maybe they just haven't informed viewers it is in HD but it actually is.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh right, maybe they just haven't informed viewers it is in HD but it actually is.

It could just be an error in the listings, I was just curious is all. We'll soon find out one way or the other anyway.
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    It could just be an error in the listings, I was just curious is all. We'll soon find out one way or the other anyway.

Yeah hopefully then this thread may get some more discussion.
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd give this a bump as its starting tonight. Anyone going to watch?
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it but I will only be able to see the first half.
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well so far we've had nudity, sex and madness, this could be good :D
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Well so far we've had nudity, sex and madness, this could be good :D

Ooh good got it on plus 1:D Fwiw my inlaws live in lamborn where it's filmed
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice ass
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    eye3 wrote: »
    Nice ass

:D:D:D
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's 14?! He looked about 19.

Nice atmosphere so far. I'd hate to be that person, but it's like Skins meets Twin Peaks meets Top of the Lake so far.
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Slow start. But I think its got potential.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skins: Fourth Generation.... yawn
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, not a bad start for this new drama. At times it seemed liked it it was too much like skins which is not a bad thing.

Is it me or did we not really find out much about each character? though i suppose we will throughout the series.

another thing if Cal was 14 hold old are the others supposed to be as he was hanging around with them at the beginning?
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're applying for Uni and/or have joined the police so I'm guessing 17-19. He is essentially only hanging out with them because he's linked by that girl (I don't remember a single characters name). Very slow start but enough to build on.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Least they got rid of the Waterloo Road 'actor' sharpish.
  • lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Missing the 'spark' of skins. Dull, dreary and none of the characters are memorable. After the first episode of Skins I remembered all the characters and their names. They just blend in to one in this show. Also, the young police officer is just laughable. She looks like a kid dressing up. I initially thought it was because I recognised her from Pramface but my mum said the same.
  • diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I thought it was pretty good.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked it. It held my attention right from the start.
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Thought it was going to be a case of style over substance based on the adverts, but I was pleasantly surprised! Didn't find it particularly slow either.
    I do hope the characters get a bit more fleshed out though - Rob is the only interesting one for me at the moment. Solid acting from Jordan Stephens, wasn't expecting that casting decision to work.

Seems a bit obvious to me who the killer must be at the moment, so obviously I'll end up being completely wrong :D
  • diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I did laugh at the "no animals were harmed in the making of this programme". No children were murdered either, do they really have to say this still?
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I watched it and I found it very intriguing
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant new drama and I am glad that drama is still being produced for a youth audience rather then relying on dramas such as the brilliant Broadchurch,Happy Valley, Luther etc to entertain both to a youthful and older audience.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea who the killer is but I thought the actor who plays James was brilliant in the scene where he told Rob that Cal had died.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    Ooh good got it on plus 1:D Fwiw my inlaws live in lamborn where it's filmed

It was filmed all around the Lambourn Valley, we saw them filming for weeks.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I made sure I watched the first episode as I'd heard so much about it from a friend who worked alongside the film crew around Lambourn and Uffington White Horse Hill where I used to live. Must say I was slightly disappointed as I found it difficult to place who was who and the actress who acted the police woman was dreadful. Still, time yet. I look forward to next week's episode.